OP

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Why can't you just take the TPMS sensors off of your stock wheels and put them on the new ones?
I don't recall anyone saying one couldn't reuse sensors? The problem is that you can't just take sensors off of one wheel and onto the next as they have to go IN the wheel. Which means dismounting tires to remove the sensors.

For me, that would mean paying for mounting the new wheels along with paying for dismounting and remounting the stock wheels/tires. I've also had better luck selling takeoff sets with the sensors still installed. I just let my OEM set of Lariat wheels/tires/sensors go for $1100. I suspect the quick and easy sale came from having sensors still in them as I saw another identical set on craigslist selling for $800 with no sensors. That would mean buyer would have to pony up for new sensors and pay to have them installed, every time a tire is mounted/dismounted you risk damage to the wheels. Maybe doesn't matter to some but the young man who bought my set appreciated having the sensors still in them.

Another example could be just a few years ago when I lived up North I'd keep my stock wheels and tires as a winter setup so I most certainly wanted functioning sensors in both sets. Everyone's situation will vary. D

ave
Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I hear ya. I replaced all four of my son's sensors on his 2010 F150 two years ago (they only last about 10 years). It helps to have "Miguel's Tire shop" nearby ;) I bought 4 brand new sensors on ebay for $40 (FoMoCo) and paid Miguel $60 cash to swap them out ;) Everything works great :)

ezvaldez

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 21 Bronco FE, HD Road King
Sorry for the late update. Sensors for the edge wheels sync'd up no problem. I didn't swap sensors from the original set, because I'm going to run winter tires on those. 🍻

OP
OP

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Sorry for the late update. Sensors for the edge wheels sync'd up no problem. I didn't swap sensors from the original set, because I'm going to run winter tires on those. 🍻
Great to hear, how do they look? I'm imaging they look mighty fine on your Maverick. Dave

Sponsored

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gorgeous! That’s what a white Maverick should look like.

ezvaldez

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 21 Bronco FE, HD Road King
Thanks y'all! I may start a thread.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry for the late reply, but I have never heard of that. Not to say it isn't possible, I've just not heard of it. I went with the 315 sensors and while my Maverick didn't pick them up on its own, I followed a youtube video to relearn the new sensors with a Ford TPMS tool.

Let us know how it works out though, those Edge Sport 21" should look very nice on a Maverick.

Dave
Which relearn tool did you use? I purchased one off of Amazon and it would work. I also tried doing the tire deflate method.

Sponsored

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Maverick & 1988 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sorry for the late reply, but I have never heard of that. Not to say it isn't possible, I've just not heard of it. I went with the 315 sensors and while my Maverick didn't pick them up on its own, I followed a youtube video to relearn the new sensors with a Ford TPMS tool.

Let us know how it works out though, those Edge Sport 21" should look very nice on a Maverick.

Dave
DavesMav. I'm in the process of putting together a wheel tire combo. Did you go with the Ford brand TPMS35 sensors? The Ford TPMS sensor tool, is this just one of those cheap reset tools that are available from Amazon?

Mav2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mavreal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav2024
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
hello, I found the best deal and they are programable and I have a programmer so I use and have used this brand with no failures on many vehicles. with ford I mostly use just the wake up tool, and have not had problems

What is link thank you
Sponsored