Toung weight capacity?

Sfaulk

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 forester and 01 dakota
Ordering larreit awd. What is the toung weight capacity. Hubby is disabled and to to carry sometimes his big wheelchair. Carrier is 75lbs wheelchair is 401lbs. Upgraded towing does not seem to change the suspension just radiator and trans cooler. Help please. Dealerships can't answer.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordering larreit awd. What is the toung weight capacity. Hubby is disabled and to to carry sometimes his big wheelchair. Carrier is 75lbs wheelchair is 401lbs. Upgraded towing does not seem to change the suspension just radiator and trans cooler. Help please. Dealerships can't answer.
The tongue weight is most relative to towing a trailer and has a lot to do with the proper trailer angle to prevent trailer sway.

the max on a Mav is 400lbs, but I am confident hauling a wheelchair off it with the proper rack will mot be a problem.

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
Hitch receiver weight capacity is 400 lbs. I wouldn't sweat being a little over.
Ford Maverick Toung weight capacity? hitchweight.JPG

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe the hitch receiver is a class III and the weight capacity should be around 1500lbs depending on options, so 476lbs + passenger weight will be under that. Regarding tongue weight, the general rule is to stay under 10%, therefore a 4K towing capacity would have a max 400lbs tongue weight.

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6S Wagon, E250, Kia Soul
It looks like you will be about 75lbs over ~20%. Not sure how much of a difference that will make, but it might make the front end light and make driving a bit less than ideal.
Another option would be to get a lift and put the chair in the bed. We had one for my grandfather's scooter to put the chair in the bed of our F350. It worked pretty nicely, although we had an 8ft bed and a high rise truck cap, so we still had plenty of room in the bed for other things.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So 200lbs standard, 400lbs with tow package?
Those two numbers are based on 10% of max trailer weight not on the upper limit of the weight the receiver can support.

McLovin76

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EB XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at a new camper. Tongue weight is 430. Do you think 30 pounds will cause any issues?

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you certain that wheelchair is 400 pounds? My wife has a scooter that weighs about 230 pounds and it will carry a 500 pound person.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you certain that wheelchair is 400 pounds? My wife has a scooter that weighs about 230 pounds and it will carry a 500 pound person.
The person you replied to made one post in 2021 and never came back. Deaf ears I'm afraid.
Sponsored