Tossed a queen sized air mattress in the bed

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
You sound like one of those neat freaks who washes dishes before they run out of dishes.
😆🤣 you would not believe the PTSD I have living w a total slob! 🤭 my husband just left for an 8 day vacation so I am able to clean the house thoroughly so a cleaning person can start coming to clean 🤣😂 and yes I am serious 😕
Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
😆🤣 you would not believe the PTSD I have living w a total slob! 🤭 my husband just left for an 8 day vacation so I am able to clean the house thoroughly so a cleaning person can start coming to clean 🤣😂 and yes I am serious 😕
Do I have to help people with everything ???!!! The 11th Commandment—When it’s time to clean, it’s time to move.

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Do I have to help people with everything ???!!! The 11th Commandment—When it’s time to clean, it’s time to move.
Ha 11th Commandment 😂 I WISH!!! I swore I would never live in the same place for more than 10 yrs for that reason, now 21 yrs in 🙄😕 I'm in Orlando burbs, homes in my area are $150-250k more than 2020 when i started looking (inc my own house value), I am also not finding much w my specs. My area is pricey b/c everything (store & restaurant wise) is nearby.

Also I have 3 cats, 1 kitty and 2 dogs 🤣 and the backyard is FL sand, no matter where I move, the dirt & fur comes along.

OP
OP
JohnDLG

JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It worked out pretty good for camping with the gator soft tonneau on, fit me just fine. It would probably be a bit to cramped for two unless both of y'all are skinny, lol. The second night it was supposed to rain so I just used the footprint from the tent I brought to drape over the tailgate end, it worked fine.

Ford Maverick Tossed a queen sized air mattress in the bed 20220430_074850_053556

Ford Maverick Tossed a queen sized air mattress in the bed 20220430_074900_053544

Ford Maverick Tossed a queen sized air mattress in the bed 20220430_195512_052646

Sponsored

Boomhauer1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why is everyone camping in an open field? :unsure:
Everytime people go camping they always want to bring the luxuries I thought they were trying to get away from. It turns from tent to RV to just get a hotel real quick if you ask me haha.

jesse_ohio

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Ranger, 21 Kia Forte
A real simple upgrade would be a plywood sheet on the wheel wells and flex bed allowing you to have a fully flat platform for the air mattress to lay on without squeezing you into the wheel wells.

I've put a little thought into a bed camping rig based on that idea, with a folding plywood mattress platform with under-bed storage, and using bed rail racks for overhead tarp mounting.

Or maybe I'll just bring a tent, lol.

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everytime people go camping they always want to bring the luxuries I thought they were trying to get away from. It turns from tent to RV to just get a hotel real quick if you ask me haha.
'Finally got rid of our motorhome a few years ago. I realized we were "getting away from it all" but not leaving any of it behind.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It worked out pretty good for camping with the gator soft tonneau on, fit me just fine. It would probably be a bit to cramped for two unless both of y'all are skinny, lol. The second night it was supposed to rain so I just used the footprint from the tent I brought to drape over the tailgate end, it worked fine.

20220430_074850_053556.jpg

20220430_074900_053544.jpg

20220430_195512_052646.jpg
This setup would put me into a claustrophobic meltdown. I could, however, work with the half-assed arrangement behind you in the silver truck.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually, what the Maverick needs is access points in the bed rails to fit wood or PVC. There's several awesome videos on making your own tarp tent (and other materials, including bug screening) in the bed of your truck.

I'm still debating a bed tent. Have a camping trip planned in late June. I'll let you know how that goes when the time comes. Will be tent camping (on the ground) for this first go-round.

Anyone live near Dunedin, FL? Will be there this weekend hanging at the Causeway to do a preliminary tarp setup to test out new equipment (tarp, hammocks, cooking equipment, etc.) Stop by with your Maverick and say HEEEEEEY!

Sponsored
OP
OP
JohnDLG

JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A real simple upgrade would be a plywood sheet on the wheel wells and flex bed allowing you to have a fully flat platform for the air mattress to lay on without squeezing you into the wheel wells.

I've put a little thought into a bed camping rig based on that idea, with a folding plywood mattress platform with under-bed storage, and using bed rail racks for overhead tarp mounting.

Or maybe I'll just bring a tent, lol.
Yeah for maximum bed space that would be ideal however I definitely wouldn't be able to fit under the tonnaeu cover then. That kind of thing would work best for someone with a camper shell. Sure one could setup a bed tent, but to me I've never been a fan of bed tents. If you are gonna setup a tent might as well just set it up on the ground and not have the compromise of a tent that has to fit in a bed or have to mess with it if you need to use the vehicle while out there.

I saw someone else post this air mattress on Reddit, he said it was the "mid sized" version. I may end up buying one. From my experience having the space open near the wheel wells would be useful for storage, I would rather keep my shoes there than resting on my mattress.
Ford Maverick Tossed a queen sized air mattress in the bed LwMyr3v

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bulk paracord and pvc and you could build a rocketship out of tarp if you wanted.
Someone has watched The Martian too many times.
(Oh wait, that describes me too. lol)

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Someone has watched The Martian too many times.
(Oh wait, that describes me too. lol)
Who do you think they got the idea from? :cool:
Sponsored