2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm curious if any of these cover interfere with that tailgate spoiler addition? Anyone have one of those? THANKS!
Sponsored

husqy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2023 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently the hard rollup has some leaking/moisture pooling issues (even using the drain tubes). And given that you live where it snows so much, I’d opt for the trifold if I had to. Trifold is also easier to remove.

I’m personally going to spend a bit extra and opt for the Diamondback. They are in Pennsylvania, so you may be able to get them in the great white north affordable too.
Exactly the wisdom I was looking for. Thanks Brad.

Will definitely check out Diamondback.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A good friend of mine is a partner in a truck accessory business. After doing the usual hours or web research, I told him I had my tonneau choices narrowed down to the Xtang Exceed and the BAKFlip MX4 (both are hard folding covers). He recommended the BAKFlip MX4 as a favorite of theirs at the shop.

Last edited:

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Are you happy with the Triad cover? Does it leak? thanks
Okay just went outside and snapped you some pictures. It rained enough early this morning enough to leave some puddling on top of the cover. Inside stayed pretty dry. These types of covers sit on top of the bed rails instead of being flush mounted so there is a small gap because there is a slot in the bed rail. (circled in green). I think some water may be getting in there so I am just going to stick a piece of foam in the little gap see how that helps. So far when I go through a touch-less car wash I get slightly more water but not real bad. If I use the manual car wash with the high pressure hose I will get more water in the bed. None of these covers, especially the tri-fold will be completely water tight.

I went with the triad because:

1) it was cheaper than the flush mounted tri-fold or hard roll up.
2) I didn't want to have to install additional side rails for the above. I can remove my Triad in a few minutes If I need the whole bed space opening.
3) There are cheaper options similar in type such as Gator Trio https://gatorcovers.com/p/gator-trio-hard-fold-tonneau-cover/v/ford/maverick/2022/ , but I like the smooth panels and the rounded edges of the Triad better.
The Gator however would be a better alternative to the cheap Chinese covers because if you go with a name brand you will get better service and probably be able to get replacement parts easier if you should need them. Both the Undercover Triad and the Gator Trio have a 600lb evenly distributed weight limit. Not that I plan to stand on my cover, but the cheap Chinese covers are like 300lb weight limit.

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations DSC01792.JPG

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations DSC01791.JPG

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations railga

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm going with the Bakflip MX4...https://realtruck.com/blog/bakflip-g2-vs-mx4-folding-tonneau-cover-comparison/
I just purchased the Ford soft tri fold cover because it has a rubber seal that i feel will give a better water seal than the soft roll up covers. Ford sells a rubber seal kit for the f150 tail gate and I purchased one for my Maverick for under $30.00. I looked at a lot of different choices I settled on the Ford cover because of easy installation and removal. Square it up fold it up then tighten down the front panel unfold to recheck square fold up finish the tightening close the cover and use spring levers on back to close cover. Lock tail gate and your cargo is as safe as it can be under a soft cover. Easy to remove and replace for one person in my opinion. There are others that install the same way. Good Luck

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I went with a hard cover vs a soft cover because of concerns of a soft top flapping when driving down the road more than for security reasons. I'm guessing a soft roll up will have flapping since there are no metal crossbars. Some of the cheap soft tri-folds will also flap as I've seen in videos. How is yours or haven't you noticed it?

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just purchased the Ford soft tri fold cover because it has a rubber seal that i feel will give a better water seal than the soft roll up covers. Ford sells a rubber seal kit for the f150 tail gate and I purchased one for my Maverick for under $30.00. I looked at a lot of different choices I settled on the Ford cover because of easy installation and removal. Square it up fold it up then tighten down the front panel unfold to recheck square fold up finish the tightening close the cover and use spring levers on back to close cover. Lock tail gate and your cargo is as safe as it can be under a soft cover. Easy to remove and replace for one person in my opinion. There are others that install the same way. Good Luck
What’s the maximum vertical cargo height clearance with the Ford soft trifold cover? It looks to be more than the hard trifold which is flush mounted. Thanks!

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What’s the maximum vertical cargo height clearance with the Ford soft trifold cover? It looks to be more than the hard trifold which is flush mounted. Thanks!
It frame sits on the top of the box. I have not received it yet so I do not know for sure but I expect to have the full height of the bed. At worst case maybe a inch based on others I looked at a custom shop. This cover is a flush fit on the top of the bed. I hope this helps. I am buying it to keep luggage dry while traveling. If I need to haul something I will remove it. I hope to receive it today or tomorrow. When I have it and on the truck I will update this message. I will post a picture in the show case under Joe’s
Maverick

IronHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XLT (no lux) FX4, 4K
My big thing is easy removability and water shedding. So I think I will go with a soft-cover tri-fold (with curved crossbars) that is easy to remove. I had a Tyger soft tri-fold on my Sierra 1500 and it worked perfectly! Something about the way GMC designed that tail gate kept it bone dry in the bed even through car washes and downpours on the interstate.

IronHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XLT (no lux) FX4, 4K
Tonopro has a $500 hard tri-fold that looks nice. Their video on Amazon shows that they include weather stripping to go around the edges of the tailgate to keep water out. That's a cool feature. For only $200 more that looks better than the Tyger soft tri-fold.

Sponsored

cowmeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with the DNA hard tri-fold from Amazon. I've only had it on there a couple of days but really like it so far. They say you can stand on it, not that I'd ever try it but it seems really sturdy. It was super easy to put on too

DNA MOTORING TTC-HARD-095 Truck Bed Top Hard Top Solid Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Compatible with 2022 Ford Maverick , Black

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations 1

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations IMG_2013

DLN

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
How about the Gator SFX? Great price just trying to keep the crud and water out of the bed. Don't care for those that you have to add rails with those clamps. They seem to always get in the way.
I just added the gator sfx and love it.

blackb13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with the DNA hard tri-fold from Amazon. I've only had it on there a couple of days but really like it so far. They say you can stand on it, not that I'd ever try it but it seems really sturdy. It was super easy to put on too

DNA MOTORING TTC-HARD-095 Truck Bed Top Hard Top Solid Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Compatible with 2022 Ford Maverick , Black

1.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg
Do you have any more pictures of the corners near the tailgate? What about the release mechanism? Also, how's it been holding up?

cowmeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It still looks great, keeps my stuff dry and I use the truck daily out in the weather at a jobsite

Release handles work fine, they've never come loose and the seals do a good job keeping water out - the cargo net kind of blocks the shot a little but you get the idea

The corner sticks out a little past the truck curves but I don't even notice it

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations IMG_2529

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations IMG_2530

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations IMG_2536

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD, Jeep Deserthawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had never used a tonneau cover before, but I use my Mav as a work truck (ceramic tile installer) and the open bed just wasn't gonna work in the long run.

I got an Extang Trifecta E-Series on sale for $287, and while my expectations were low at that price, I'm actually really impressed with it. Fits great, looks great, and works great.

Love. My. Maverick.
(over 16,000 miles now)

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations Tonneau Cover 2000px
Sponsored