First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick; 07 Roush Nitemare
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice wheels. Not feeling the tails, hard for other drivers to see.
Texas has reasonable laws regarding visibility with occasional strict enforcement. Luxe has DOT approval for the mid with incandescent and LED lamps. The photos look darker than IRL, by a lot.
Sponsored

zzbaluba

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
400 miles in and already costing me too much money. Smdh..

Wheels / tires specs:
20x9, 42mm OZ Racing Hyper GT wheels with General G Max 275/40 tires.
No interference but damn close.

Tint info:

Went with 25/70 ceramic tint to keep them matching, 70 crystalline tint on the windshield.

Tail light tint info:

Thanks! The product used is Luxe Lightwrap, mid smoke. There are some very tight radii at the top of the lights that is causing some crinkling/bubbling so it may come off and go another route.

PXL_20211113_213757766.jpg

PXL_20211113_213811165.jpg

Ford Maverick Tinted tail lights, sides, windshield + OZ Racing aftermarket wheels {filename}
Beautiful wheels! Very classy. I like the tinting as well. You've got excellent taste.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally someone that isn't doing off-road stuff and keeping it on pavement! I tinted out my taillights with regular ceramic and I didn't have any wrinkle issues. That might be that applicators issue.

As far as your wheels, I plan on doing something extremely similar, except I might go a tad smaller tire on a 20" rim, so it isn't so tight of a fit. I want gunmetal grey, which looks like what you have, plus the circle of bolts on the outer part of the rim. Yours looks pretty sweet!

How much did your wheels cost and are you selling your OEMs to offset your cost?
What did you use to tint your taillights? I don't understand what you mean by "regular ceramic" thanks

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I misspoke on that. Ceramic was the regular window tint on my windows. The tint brand that was put on my tail lights was Luxe medium. No wrinkle issues
Ford Maverick Tinted tail lights, sides, windshield + OZ Racing aftermarket wheels {filename}
Looks great! Thanks for the info 👍

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
....This will be the first truck I will do the off-road look with.
Sorry, I'm not following. Do you actually intend to off-road your Maverick or you just want it to look like you do/could?

EREKSHUN

First Name
Erek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
any issues running that size wheel and tire combo? I also will be looking into making this a "street" truck once i get it delivered. Can you post a couple more angles of your wheel setup? Is there any "poke" that fender flares may clean up?

Looks great!

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice wheels. Not feeling the tails, hard for other drivers to see.
Agree, and the first time you are rear ended and they say they couldn’t see your lights well, insurance will be a thing of the past.

• Haha
Reactions: HPR
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Wheels / tires specs:

Tint info:

Went with 25/70 ceramic tint to keep them matching, 70 crystalline tint on the windshield.

Tail light tint info:

Thanks! The product used is Luxe Lightwrap, mid smoke. There are some very tight radii at the top of the lights that is causing some crinkling/bubbling so it may come off and go another route.

So do you think 20" is the largest wheel to fit under the Maverick?

Kio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Scion TC

Wheels / tires specs:

Tint info:

Tail light tint info:

Slightly off topic: I don't see the radio controlled toy car antenna protruding off the top of your Mav.
Did you swap out the factory antenna for a fin style or just remove the antenna itself?

Zxdiac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, 2016 Jeep Renegade, 2000 Montero
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Slightly off topic: I don't see the radio controlled toy car antenna protruding off the top of your Mav.
Did you swap out the factory antenna for a fin style or just remove the antenna itself?
Not OP, but he just took it off. It unscrews fairly easily.

OP
OP

Caldwtr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not OP, but he just took it off. It unscrews fairly easily.
What he said, yup. I don't listen to the radio so I just never took it out of the bag.

OP
OP

Caldwtr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
any issues running that size wheel and tire combo? I also will be looking into making this a "street" truck once i get it delivered. Can you post a couple more angles of your wheel setup? Is there any "poke" that fender flares may clean up?

Looks great!
Mentioned somewhere that the back sit perfectly flush with the top of the fender, the front do extend out ~10mm, mostly due to the front clip narrowing.

The Air Design flares would easily cover it, and I'm considering those. And a set of 10mm spacers in the rear to even out the look. All up in the air at the moment.

Ford Maverick Tinted tail lights, sides, windshield + OZ Racing aftermarket wheels PXL_20211118_211935838

Ford Maverick Tinted tail lights, sides, windshield + OZ Racing aftermarket wheels PXL_20211118_211804641

Ford Maverick Tinted tail lights, sides, windshield + OZ Racing aftermarket wheels PXL_20211113_213551970
Sponsored