2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone long-term store a Maverick?

I currently drive my Maverick maybe once a week or every two weeks, depending on the need. It sits mostly in a garage on a battery tender really until warmer weather happens when it’ll get more regular use.

I originally intended to daily the Maverick but after trying a few times commuting in the Maverick, I realized it’ll get trashed in short order and it’s a high insurance risk at the moment. Everyone in my family really loves this truck so I want to keep it a long time. I daily an old Mustang that I like but at the same time, am tired of it but I can write it off easily vs the Maverick where I have my doubts that insurance will be kind as in NJ they are petitioning to raise rates. Where I drive to, I have maybe a 50/50 shot if the other driver has insurance and very often, they’ll just drive off because traffic enforcement is basically nonexistent in that area anymore.

Rant over so would it be worth buying some wheel rollers to get the tires up off the ground, maybe dumping stabil in it, etc?

Or simply try to get it out once a month or so to circulate fluids until it’s used for warmer weather or long trips?

It’s still garaged but I’m only familiar with winterizing or long term storage with classic cars that ran on non-ethanol gas, which were fairly easily to let sit for a long time without complaints. Not sure if the same could apply to the Maverick. Any input appreciated and no moving is not an option on the table just yet lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Thoughts on long term storage? seinfeld-kramer-better-believe-it-mb3vc6qk6zy3b71n

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I can't say I didn't have such thoughts over my 14 month wait, I did not act on them. So far, now that I have the Maverick, I'm glad I didn't.
Edit:14mustangNJ: I note you have had your truck almost two years. Do you mean you want to get rid of it?

Last edited:

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Isn't Ford the one who put our Mavericks on ice? Now that you own your Maverick you can't really delay it anymore.....

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lately everything has gotten out of hand it seems in terms of vehicles, the Maverick is no exception.
You wanna expand on those thoughts Walt Whitman?

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes a Maverick in the hand is worth two or three in the bushes of Hermosillo. ;) :unsure::):oops: Don't let the one you have, get out of hand!!! 👍

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
14mustangNJ

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored
OP
OP
14mustangNJ

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't say I didn't have such thoughts over my 14 month wait, I did not act on them. So far, now that I have the Maverick, I'm glad I didn't.
Edit:14mustangNJ: I note you have had your truck almost two years. Do you mean you want to get rid of it?
Nope definitely not, I love it, just overprotective for it at the moment and not really driving it much so I’m considering long-term storing it and seeing if anyone has done it recently with this truck and has recommendations.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sta-Bil? Probably not unless you think that fuel is going to be stewing in there for 6+ months. Even with driving it once per week or two, I think you are going to be fine. If you have a random bottle of Sta-Bil laying around ready to expire (they recommend using it within 2 years of opening it), then go for it. Won't hurt. But I would not buy Sta-Bil just so I could dump it in my Maverick.

OP
OP
14mustangNJ

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sta-Bil? Probably not unless you think that fuel is going to be stewing in there for 6+ months. Even with driving it once per week or two, I think you are going to be fine. If you have a random bottle of Sta-Bil laying around ready to expire (they recommend using it within 2 years of opening it), then go for it. Won't hurt. But I would not buy Sta-Bil just so I could dump it in my Maverick.
That’s good to hear, I have stabil on hand for other equipment but it probably won’t sit that long, maybe 2-3 months tops at a time. I’ve been leery using it as I had so-so success with it in the past, seemed to do better on older V8s (old 5.0s and 5.7s from Chevy seemed fine) vs some more modern 4 cylinder engines (Toyota Corollas - 05 and 13) that tended to have starting and running issues still after using it appropriately.
Sponsored