surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With 2024 pricing, it's really hard to justify anything but the XL imo. The Maverick is supposed to be an affordable vehicle. It doesn't take long to get into better quality vehicle's price range when you start adding options and increasing the trim levels of a Maverick.
100%

CP360 and a hitch are worthwhile and value priced

although with the hybrid upcharge on 2024s, I think the Maverick has greatly lost its strong value-play
it'll help with resale though for 2022-2023s (and 2024s price protected)
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

RRR

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Toyo Corolla, 2000 Ford F-150, 1991 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 22 XL, and wanted the remote locking tailgate. All I had to do was replace the
XL wiring harness NZ6T-14B562 with the XLT equivalent. This was a very easy switch, just required
lowering the spare tire, and taking the back panel off the tailgate, then swapping the harness.
The parts person at any Ford dealership can help you get the correct part # and part.
The remote wiring harness on Ebay is $100.88 + free shipping under title, 'Genuine Ford Wiring Assembly Tailgate NZ6Z-14A412-C'. But didn't you also have to replace in the tailgate the Genuine Ford Remote Control, Part#JB3Z-9943170-A? On Ebay the price is $87.06 + free shipping. Ron
Genuine Ford Remote Control JB3Z-9943170-A

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2023 XLT hybrid's A/Z plan price including the $500 price protection is $1800 less than the MSRP of a 2024 XL hybrid. :)

Capt Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
824 Cedar Drive, Deale, Maryland, 20751, US
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The remote wiring harness on Ebay is $100.88 + free shipping under title, 'Genuine Ford Wiring Assembly Tailgate NZ6Z-14A412-C'. But didn't you also have to replace in the tailgate the Genuine Ford Remote Control, Part#JB3Z-9943170-A? On Ebay the price is $87.06 + free shipping. Ron
Genuine Ford Remote Control JB3Z-9943170-A
No, I just changed the wiring harness, and the remote comtrol/Ford key worked perfectly. Just unlock the doors 2x and the tailgate unlocks. To lock the tailgate, lock the doors with the remote.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Krischievous

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL AWD Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: So tonight I pulled the trigger on a new 2023 Iconic Silver XL. I was looking forward to my 24 XLT but when I saw this one (4ktowing, c360) I couldn't see how 5k more for what I ordered made sense. I've only had it for an hour but I feel really good about the purchase. Already looking to switch the locking tailgate and find some nice wheels. Thanks for all the info everyone posted here! Maybe I'll upgrade on the next refresh or 2!

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: So tonight I pulled the trigger on a new 2023 Iconic Silver XL. I was looking forward to my 24 XLT but when I saw this one (4ktowing, c360) I couldn't see how 5k more for what I ordered made sense. I've only had it for an hour but I feel really good about the purchase. Already looking to switch the locking tailgate and find some nice wheels. Thanks for all the info everyone posted here! Maybe I'll upgrade on the next refresh or 2!
XL 4kT sounds pretty ideal for the I78/I81 corridor. Most bang for buck for sure. Congrats!!!

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's where I am... I don't see how the XLT is worth much more to me personally over the XL. I initially wanted an XLT, but after seeing them a lot recently I like the coloring in the XL a lot better, I am not crazy about the XLT wheels and would end up changing them too so.....XL it is If I ever end up with one

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
That's where I am... I don't see how the XLT is worth much more to me personally over the XL. I initially wanted an XLT, but after seeing them a lot recently I like the coloring in the XL a lot better, I am not crazy about the XLT wheels and would end up changing them too so.....XL it is If I ever end up with one
Unless you want options not available on the XL trim like Lux ,Tremor package, more color choices, FX4 package, moonroof, ect but yeah I agree if you just order a bare bones XLT it doesn't make much sense over the XL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Krischievous

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL AWD Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless you want options not available on the XL trim like Lux ,Tremor package, more color choices, FX4 package, moonroof, ect but yeah I agree if you just order a bare bones XLT it doesn't make much sense.
I do miss the FX4 screen a lot, but hopefully I can buy one and install it in the future!

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
What's different about fx4 screen?
It is 6.5"s like on the Lariat versus 4.2"s that is standard on the XL or non FX4 optioned XLTs.
Sponsored