First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT V8, 2022 Maverick Lariat owner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just thought I’d drop a note on my experiences with a tuned ECU.

I recently ordered an adaptive tune on a stock system from Brew City Boosters. First let me say the guys there were nothing short of awesome to communicate with. They answered any questions I had and when I was satisfied they dropped the tune into the cloud for me. I had an old BDX tuner left over from my 2015 Mustang EcoBoost that I sold awhile back. I forgot to unmarry the damn thing before I sold it so unfortunately I had to pay $200 to get it unlocked. Otherwise, if you have one lying around that’s unmarried you’re in luck!

Just took the baby to a 3.5 hour mountain trip here in the Carolinas and it handled everything like a champ! I could tell right off the bat the tune gave me a noticeable amount of torque and has no problems passing people up the mountains. My bed was full with gear and the extender down which really gives you a lot of extra room. Was able to pack the cooler on the end with the tonneau cover closed. Also ordered some fishing pole straps to keep them secure.

All in all I couldn’t be happier with the trip and tune. Will probably look at putting in that CAI soon with an oil separator.

Oh, and the gas mileage overall on the trip was 28 mpg.

https://brewcityboost.com
Sponsored

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love my BCB adaptive tune. I'm running 93 octane. I made a 4" intake also. It runs great! 5.7 0-60 is my best so far.

OP
OP
fury88

fury88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love my BCB adaptive tune. I'm running 93 octane. I made a 4" intake also. It runs great! 5.7 0-60 is my best so far.
Nice! Homemade intake? Was a looking at a few but making one is an interesting idea.

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! Homemade intake? Was a looking at a few but making one is an interesting idea.
I'll post some pics tomorrow

PrattDC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
603chiros.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just thought I’d drop a note on my experiences with a tuned ECU.

I recently ordered an adaptive tune on a stock system from Brew City Boosters. First let me say the guys there were nothing short of awesome to communicate with. They answered any questions I had and when I was satisfied they dropped the tune into the cloud for me. I had an old BDX tuner left over from my 2015 Mustang EcoBoost that I sold awhile back. I forgot to unmarry the damn thing before I sold it so unfortunately I had to pay $200 to get it unlocked. Otherwise, if you have one lying around that’s unmarried you’re in luck!

Just took the baby to a 3.5 hour mountain trip here in the Carolinas and it handled everything like a champ! I could tell right off the bat the tune gave me a noticeable amount of torque and has no problems passing people up the mountains. My bed was full with gear and the extender down which really gives you a lot of extra room. Was able to pack the cooler on the end with the tonneau cover closed. Also ordered some fishing pole straps to keep them secure.

All in all I couldn’t be happier with the trip and tune. Will probably look at putting in that CAI soon with an oil separator.

Oh, and the gas mileage overall on the trip was 28 mpg.

https://brewcityboost.com
Glad you had a good experience. I’ve had the complete opposite. I ordered a tune Labor Day weekend, not knowing they had just gone out of business. BDX tuner came and is NOT compatible with my Maverick. SCT could not fix it despite multiple phone calls and troubleshooting steps. SCT sent me an X4 tuner and I sent them back the BDX. BCB told me to email them when I have the new serial number, which I had 3 days later. I sent it to them and they’ve ghosted me. I have emailed them 7 times. Now I have a $500 tuner and no tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP
fury88

fury88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait, what?! who went out of business?? Wow. I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I was lucky my tuner left over from the 2015 EcoBoost Mustang which I traded in awhile back. Which part was the issue? I do know BCB Had to send me a stock tune to get it to act properly.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait, what?! who went out of business?? Wow. I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I was lucky my tuner left over from the 2015 EcoBoost Mustang which I traded in awhile back. Which part was the issue? I do know BCB Had to send me a stock tune to get it to act properly.
BCB went out of business.

OP
OP
fury88

fury88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:
OP
OP
fury88

fury88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I stand corrected , it’s down. Yikes. Now I’m scared if my tune is good or not. To be honest I don’t think they ever charged me for it. I accidentally ordered the tuner with the tune and I sent it back to them and the refunded me the whole thing yet still gave me the tune LOL.

Last edited:

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now we know why they went out of business.

Sponsored

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a BCB adaptive tune. As soon as I heard the went out of business I ordered a 5 star tune. They have been awesome so far. 1 day to email me a tune and 1 day to email me a revision. My tuner has a maverick and seems like a great guy. They've earned my business!

OP
OP
fury88

fury88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a BCB adaptive tune. As soon as I heard the went out of business I ordered a 5 star tune. They have been awesome so far. 1 day to email me a tune and 1 day to email me a revision. My tuner has a maverick and seems like a great guy. They've earned my business!
Was just looking at them also. Looks like BCB had some problems 18 months ago with turning off sensors and got sued. They shut down ops temporarily and apparently came back up?

BTW: did you order the warranty that comes with 5-star? Was curious what that covered.

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was just looking at them also. Looks like BCB had some problems 18 months ago with turning off sensors and got sued. They shut down ops temporarily and apparently came back up?

BTW: did you order the warranty that comes with 5-star? Was curious what that covered.
I didn't order the warranty.
Sponsored