First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL AWD Maverick, 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After much thought, I went with the drop in modular bed liner. The Maverick DIBL should arrive within the next 2 days. I’m thinking of putting down some 1-1/2” wide duck tape over the raised ridges in the floor bed. Hopefully this will keep the bed liner from scuffing up the paint over time. Anyone else tried this or am I off in left field? I’ve put a few miles on my Maverick XL, AWD and so far, I’m loving it. What’s up with the side mirrors? I have to adjust them by pushing on the mirrors or am I missing something?
Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the caveat that I've never had a factory installed spray in, my experience with spray in liners and I've had several is that in short order they scratch off from from loading heavy materials or shoveling gravel out of the bed and the like.. Also in one case the material started to peel off the sides of the bed. Also keeping in mind that it's not likely I'll ever put anything particularly heavy in the Maverick, the liner may be satisfactory. But... my daughter has asked me to move a four drawer metal filing cabinet for her and I can see laying it down and sliding it in is likely to scratch.
I have a drop-in on a 2012 Chevy Colorado. I always use an old thick blanket when I move anything.Have helped people or myself move a half dozen times and have had my kayak in the bed untold number of times. No issues with the drop-in bedliner. Almost no scratches at all.

CPrevost

First Name
Cane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
After much thought, I went with the drop in modular bed liner. The Maverick DIBL should arrive within the next 2 days. I’m thinking of putting down some 1-1/2” wide duck tape over the raised ridges in the floor bed. Hopefully this will keep the bed liner from scuffing up the paint over time. Anyone else tried this or am I off in left field? I’ve put a few miles on my Maverick XL, AWD and so far, I’m loving it. What’s up with the side mirrors? I have to adjust them by pushing on the mirrors or am I missing something?
The drop in fits tight. It doesn’t move at all. I doubt it will scratch the paint. I really like mine. Was an easy install. I liked that most of the holes were not cut out. This allowed me to choose which ones I wanted to cut and which ones I didn’t. This is light years ahead of the old one piece models.

OP
OP
NJBob

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So educate me how does it go in. It's more than one piece?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

OP
OP
NJBob

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks very nice if ordered from the factory do the do the cut outs? I hope they would.

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did the Westin bed mat. Super thick rubber, and then I put 3M PPF on the wheel wells because I had it laying around the garage. Then I ordered the tailgate liner for $70 from Ford and that is the perfect cheap solution in my mind. Line-x quoted me $700 for spray in and the complete drop in from ford is $415 plus tax.

mat was $90 on Amazon and tailgate liner was $70. Plenty of protection.

or you can do this; floor ONLY drop in liner section.
Ford Maverick Thoughts on Drop in Bedliner? 20FFDE7E-3EAF-4C7A-88E8-3D986E91D8D1

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI — that blue truck is someone else’s that just got delivered at the dealer. Took a photo for reference only as I dropped mine off for the exploding fireball engine recall

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL AWD Maverick, 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took me about 2 hours to install the Maverick drop in modular bed liner on my XL. I had to buy six 8mm pan head screws and washers. Wasn’t bad at all. All pieces fit nice. I still have to tap the holes in the bed floor for my D-Ring floor anchors. Happy I went with the dibl. Ford had a 20% off sale so price was good.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Friend of mine in Northern Michigan has a 2010 Maverick with DIBL. Two years ago, had some body work done, they found out the bed was completely rusted out under the DIBL. I'm sure in warmer climates this is less of a problem?????

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This DIBL is different from the ones I've seen before. The fellow I co-own a business with had the DIBL in his 2013 F150, it was a much thinner material, best as I could tell. The Maverick also has openings between the bottom of the bed and the body, so water should not gather in it, regardless of the liner used.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Friend of mine in Northern Michigan has a 2010 Maverick with DIBL. Two years ago, had some body work done, they found out the bed was completely rusted out under the DIBL. I'm sure in warmer climates this is less of a problem?????
Your friend has a 2010 maverick? Tell me more.

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks very nice if ordered from the factory do the do the cut outs? I hope they would.
The passenger side storage cubby is exposed, but I was surprised that the drivers side was not cut out. Wasn’t sure if that was an oversite, and hope if other owners respond to this thread, I’ll have clarification on my situation.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Friends 2010 Ranger also had 'snap one' bed cover the whole time, but he's about 75 years old now, and with the body work he's had done, he plans on keeping it. Still looks good for the most part, had some side body rust taken care of, that's how they found out the bed was rusted out.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had one truck with a drop in plastic bedliner. It was a Jeep Comanche, 1989 if I remember correctly. The bed rotted out under the bedliner.

Won't ever put one on a truck of mine again. It was only one bad experience, but as momma used to say "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
Sponsored