First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In preparation for having to order a 23 what is everyone's thought on a dibl. I think the sibl will be removed from the lariat Lux package. Are all the tie-down and electrical items still there? My experience with dibl is the tended to collect debri under them. Maye promote rust under them. Been thinking maybe just get a bed mat.
Sponsored

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In preparation for having to order a 23 what is everyone's thought on a dibl. I think the sibl will be removed from the lariat Lux package. Are all the tie-down and electrical items still there? My experience with dibl is the tended to collect debri under them. Maye promote rust under them. Been thinking maybe just get a bed mat.
Despite all the hate on DIBL's, I think it's a decent way to go for some people. But it's a personal choice depending on how you plan to use it, how long you think you'll keep it and most of all just plain ol personal preference.

Not slamming you but this question reminded me of one of my favorite stand up's routines.

campngolf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cmax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps the SIBL will only be available with the Lariat Lux package. That way maybe the body shop can keep up with demand a little better.

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m planning on a drop in on my 23 order. Once it gets beat up I’ll have a spray in put on

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PM @Shay and ask him about the dropin he put in. IIRC he was impressed.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will consider a drop in, but think I might look for a single piece aftermarket for maximum coverage as I suspect there's a good chance I will end up trading in my Maverick for a new Ranger if they check more boxes for me than Maverick. That will be 1+ years down the road and I want the bed to still look new. I did the 1 piece drop in with 2 Rangers I had and removed them before sale and beds looked almost perfect after a couple years under the liner.

Loball

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
I've had trucks since 1967 when I bought a 61 ranchero for $135. Ford's, Chevy's, a Datson, a Toyota and a GMC diesel. I just bought a Maverick XLT because I'm sick of the poor gas mileage. Getting to where I can't stand going to the gas pump. Anyways I've had numerous bed liners both drop in and spray in and I can say that sprayin bed liners are essentially useless in the long run although they look great when they are new. That being said my new Maverick XLT has a spray in bed liner. Hence I'm thinking about buying a bed rug..(MAVERICK 2022 BEDRUG IMPACT BED MAT WITH TAILGATE COVER FOR 4.5' BED) My question is do they stay down when you're driving or do they tend to lift up from the wind? Also, I will likely install a Ford tailgate liner which is essentially the same material used as a drop in bed liner. The tailgate receives the most wear and tear from cargo loading in my experience and can use the extra protection.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had trucks since 1967 when I bought a 61 ranchero for $135. Ford's, Chevy's, a Datson, a Toyota and a GMC diesel. I just bought a Maverick XLT because I'm sick of the poor gas mileage. Getting to where I can't stand going to the gas pump. Anyways I've had numerous bed liners both drop in and spray in and I can say that sprayin bed liners are essentially useless in the long run although they look great when they are new. That being said my new Maverick XLT has a spray in bed liner. Hence I'm thinking about buying a bed rug..(MAVERICK 2022 BEDRUG IMPACT BED MAT WITH TAILGATE COVER FOR 4.5' BED) My question is do they stay down when you're driving or do they tend to lift up from the wind? Also, I will likely install a Ford tailgate liner which is essentially the same material used as a drop in bed liner. The tailgate receives the most wear and tear from cargo loading in my experience and can use the extra protection.
What kind of issues have you had with spray-in bedliners? Debating what to get myself and would like to hear more of your experience with the different types. Have always been a little apprehensive to pull the trigger on a spray-in because I was unsure if they would prevent dents/dings and subsequent rust over the long term with what seems like a thin coat of material directly over the metal. Thanks!

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bob, this video shows a contractor who prefers a drop-in because construction material does not gouge and scratch it all up like a spray-in.

Loball

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
What kind of issues have you had with spray-in bedliners? Debating what to get myself and would like to hear more of your experience with the different types. Have always been a little apprehensive to pull the trigger on a spray-in because I was unsure if they would prevent dents/dings and subsequent rust over the long term with what seems like a thin coat of material directly over the metal. Thanks!
With the caveat that I've never had a factory installed spray in, my experience with spray in liners and I've had several is that in short order they scratch off from from loading heavy materials or shoveling gravel out of the bed and the like.. Also in one case the material started to peel off the sides of the bed. Also keeping in mind that it's not likely I'll ever put anything particularly heavy in the Maverick, the liner may be satisfactory. But... my daughter has asked me to move a four drawer metal filing cabinet for her and I can see laying it down and sliding it in is likely to scratch.

Sponsored

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought the Ford Drop-in Bedliner as an after delivery accessory from my dealer using my $210 in FordPass points toward it. Made it almost half-price. Put it in over an afternoon with help from a buddy. It looks great, as the cab section has both the Ford and Maverick logos. You can modify it as needed making cutouts. It like that it provides some (but not complete) protection against denting.

I did have to replace the adhesive on the cab section that gave out after a week. It's only 1/2" wide and replaced it with 1" 3M commercial-grade foam double-sided tape. No biggee.

With the bed almost 1/4" thick steel and me being 70 years old, I suspect my Maverick will outlive me, so I'm not worried about rust-through.

In my case, I was looking for the lowest cost solution for my bare-bones XL Hybrid, and at $233 with tax, this was it.

Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
I’m getting a spray in, for several reasons, 1) no rubbing and or rust 2) not slippery 3) permanent 4)no worry about bowing from our desert heat 5) i prefer the look

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't plan on ever doing any bed mods, drop in bedliner is the way to go. Way more durable than the spray in when carrying around heavy stuff like boulders, etc. Will protect the bed from getting dented.

I'm not too worried about rust. I've removed a factory bedliner from an 87 Toyota Pickup and it looked brand new underneath. But then again, I live in California and we only get rain for like a week a year.

Last edited:

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
DIBL for me. It will last me the life of the truck or my life. :ROFLMAO: As others here have already wisely pointed out, SIBL will never look as good as the day it was installed and a DIBL much better protects against dents.

SIBL look better, no argument from me on that, but I will have a Tonneau cover so no one will hardly ever see it, including me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NJBob

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the Ford Drop-in Bedliner as an after delivery accessory from my dealer using my $210 in FordPass points toward it. Made it almost half-price. Put it in over an afternoon with help from a buddy. It looks great, as the cab section has both the Ford and Maverick logos. You can modify it as needed making cutouts. It like that it provides some (but not complete) protection against denting.

I did have to replace the adhesive on the cab section that gave out after a week. It's only 1/2" wide and replaced it with 1" 3M commercial-grade foam double-sided tape. No biggee.

With the bed almost 1/4" thick steel and me being 70 years old, I suspect my Maverick will outlive me, so I'm not worried about rust-through.

In my case, I was looking for the lowest cost solution for my bare-bones XL Hybrid, and at $233 with tax, this was it.
Sounds nice, I am hoping on my reorder I can switch to the drop in. Spray in was part of my package with a 22. Hope the 22 changes this.
Sponsored