Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm wanting a drop in liner and have found a "Ford" one. My question is why is it described as "modular"? Does it come in pieces? MY concern is if it's in pieces will crap get washed under it when I hose it out? Like sand, dirt ect?
You know what I mean? TIA
Well I found a install video, and it is in pieces. crap....I still wonder about sand and dirt getting under it though. Maybe it would be best to wait for an aftermarket unit??
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm wanting a drop in liner and have found a "Ford" one. My question is why is it described as "modular"? Does it come in pieces? MY concern is if it's in pieces will crap get washed under it when I hose it out? Like sand, dirt ect?
You know what I mean? TIA
I've never had a problem with a drop on my last three trucks, some come as I piece, others as "modular" ......your mileage may vary!

OP
OP
Silver23

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for that. I’ll probably go for it.

OpieGoneBad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the drop in liner and the only issue I have found is that the double stick tape that goes along the top edge of the back piece that goes against the cab failed on mine. It held for a few months but came apart and now the back piece is bowed out along the top edge. If I remember correctly the tape was factory installed on the piece that slips over the panel edge and that is the glue that failed. It held very tightly to my cab where I cleaned it with alcohol. Just a heads up.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wont go fro drop in because of possible rust. If you plan to put some kind of water resistant cover (tri fold) maybe okay. I have seen youtube videos of some guys pulling it out after a decade no rust others rusted like crazy. Same for comments here. I never had any rust then another poster mine rusted like . Go figure.

Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd rather just get a spray-in from LineX.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
look in your bed on the floor at front below cab wall. There are drainholes for water to drain out. Older trucks do not have those, or at most 1 on each side of bed floor. I always take my truck with drop in liners out for a drive after washing and don't let them sit long periods after storms so stuff doesn't have a chance to collect under there. Good thing with modular is you can take it apart at intervals to check for problems if that worries you.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
look in your bed on the floor at front below cab wall. There are drainholes for water to drain out. Older trucks do not have those, or at most 1 on each side of bed floor. I always take my truck with drop in liners out for a drive after washing and don't let them sit long periods after storms so stuff doesn't have a chance to collect under there. Good thing with modular is you can take it apart at intervals to check for problems if that worries you.
I don't have a Mav yet but was at auto show Took picture of bed. Are these the holes you refer to? These are drain hole they go all the way threw?
Ford Maverick Drop in bedliner question wholes

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes . same holes that factory spray in liners workers filled up and then used drill to clear and drilling thru the gas tank. It led to a recall on certain early vins .

OP
OP
Silver23

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
well the drop in is ordered.
Thanks for the input all.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have a Mav yet but was at auto show Took picture of bed. Are these the holes you refer to? These are drain hole they go all the way threw?
wholes.jpg
yes
Sponsored