Thoughts on color options

kmartinkc

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
Ordered my Maverick earlier today. Went with the XLT with the 2.0T, FX4 package and towing. I put in the order with Area 51 as the color selection.

However, I'm torn between Area 51 and Cactus Gray. The dealer said we still had some time if we wanted to change the color selection. Beyond the obvious that color is a matter of personal preference, any thoughts on those two colors (or the other options)? Seems like a lot of people are going with the Area 51, and it does look pretty damn good from what I have seen. It's just hard to judge without actually seeing either in person. The dealer said they have a Bronco Sport coming in this week in Cactus Gray so we might head out to see that if we get a chance.

Decisions, decisions
Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
If possible check your area dealers. The Ranger comes in Cactus Grey, and the Bronco Sport comes in both colors. That will help you a lot in your decision as the colors of a computer picture do neither justice. I was all in for Race red on my upcoming Bronco until the wife saw an Area 51 Sport at one of dealers. Needless to say our Bronco will be Area 51. :)

The One

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2015 Mustang Ecoboost converti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cactus Gray is my choice
Ford Maverick Thoughts on color options 2022Maverick7

Deftronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
My local dealers are empty, no rangers or Broncos to see colors. It’s tough because some videos and pics make the cactus gray look like mint/seafoam green but the render you posted looks more gray. I’m so torn

Cactus Gray is my choice
2022Maverick7.jpg

Sponsored

The One

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2015 Mustang Ecoboost converti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My local dealers are empty, no rangers or Broncos to see colors. It’s tough because some videos and pics make the cactus gray look like mint/seafoam green but the render you posted looks more gray. I’m so torn
I saw it up close and in person one of my customers where I work just bought a 2021 Ranger in Cactus Gray and I fell in love with the color. It isn't any kind of green at all it is a true gray.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cactus looks good with the dark gray trim and wheels.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just noticed how dark those windows look (tinted), going to get my windows tinted and paint detailed.

John1224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I went to a Ford dealer today to look at some of these colors as several are used by the Ranger. While I have not seen the Area 51, the Cyber Orange is kind of growing on me.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I like the Cyber Orange color, just not sure I’m bold enough to actually purchase it! 🤣 It appears just a yellow-orange from a distance, but up close it’s got some nice depth to the color. We were parked next to a Bronco Sport in that color and I saw a Ranger in that color driving by the dealership. I was able to get a close look at the Bronco Sport when parked at the convenient store. Totally a Bay Watch type color. Haha!

Sponsored

HS DAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux - received 10/28/2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally ordered mine (received 10-28-22) in Cactus Gray, and changed to Area 51 the next day after more research and pics viewed on line. Extremely happy that I did that.
Yesterday, I pulled my Area 51 into a parking spot at a BJ's location, and while getting out, a Cactus Gray pulled into the spot behind me. Needless to say, that convinced me I made the right choice.
By the way, don't be entirely swayed by comparing the 2 colors on Broncos and Bronco Sports. The Bronco's have more black on roof and other sections that make the Cactus look better on a Bronco than it does on a Maverick.
Just sayin!

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my Maverick earlier today. Went with the XLT with the 2.0T, FX4 package and towing. I put in the order with Area 51 as the color selection.

However, I'm torn between Area 51 and Cactus Gray. The dealer said we still had some time if we wanted to change the color selection. Beyond the obvious that color is a matter of personal preference, any thoughts on those two colors (or the other options)? Seems like a lot of people are going with the Area 51, and it does look pretty damn good from what I have seen. It's just hard to judge without actually seeing either in person. The dealer said they have a Bronco Sport coming in this week in Cactus Gray so we might head out to see that if we get a chance.

Decisions, decisions
I went Gactus Gray and love it. Carbonized Gray also looks amazing.

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those are my two favorite Maverick colors. Area 51 is more interesting in person than in photos. Cactus gray still turns my head when I see it on any Ford. Both look great with all black trim/wheels. I'm not sure there is a wrong choice!

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Alto Blue is a VERY dark blue. Midnight blue. Almost black. It looks black in all but the brightest of sunlight. I do like it, but which it had a tad more blue in it so people would call it "blue".

Everyone who doesn't know what to call it will call it a black truck.

If black were not available, black lovers would go for this as the next best thing.

That said Area 51 is my next choice. But wasn't available the day I walked on the lot and came home with a truck otherwise perfect for me.
Sponsored