First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 23 Hybrid Lariat was built Sept 23rd, shipped Sept 24th, arrived at the dealer on Oct 18th. Was at work when the dealer called on the 19th, called the next morning and they said come on down! You can imagine my excitement!

Long story short, was told I couldn't take the vehicle off the lot until Monday unless they received my wire transfer before 3pm. I submitted the wire transfer request at 11am, sent from my bank at 1:14pm, arrived in their account at 2:23pm, but they said it was "pending" and the funds weren't available so I couldn't leave with the truck. Not a banker, but I was under the impression that wire transfers (not ACH) were basically like a cashiers check and that once the funds arrived they were available.

Any other time I've bought a vehicle it's always been a "hey, you have to bring it back if we don't get the money" kind of situation and it's been all good. I'm still excited that my truck is finally here, however, I'm salty about how the dealer handled the situation. First world problems, I know, just wanted to vent so I'm not a dick to my sales person.
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah wire transfers can be a little tricky. Sometimes the two banks (yours and the dealers) talk right away, sometimes they only do business on business days (Mon-Friday).

OP
OP

hijinksinc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah wire transfers can be a little tricky. Sometimes the two banks (yours and the dealers) talk right away, sometimes they only do business on business days (Mon-Friday).
For what it's worth this happened yesterday, so it was in fact Friday.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've done several vehicle wire transfers over the last few months. It does add additional validation time when submitted Fri-Sun. The dealer is probably giving you the straight scoop. They can probably see the funds but until the bank adds those to their available account balance they probably won't release the truck.

Matt_SC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer let me take it without completing the paperwork as long as I promised I’d come back tomorrow. Lol. They didn’t have time/staff to complete everything that evening.
We didn’t even ask, he just tossed us the keys and maybe a dealer plate? Might not of even had that, pretty laid back around here
Sponsored