pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the DMV doesn't know what the original purchase price was and they don't tell the IRS that you sold your vehicle and this is what you got for it. You are correct though that technically the seller would be liable for paying taxes on his profit.

Reactions: HPR

Cadillacman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check this out, this is unreal what vehicles are selling for. I have never seen this in my life.

Ford Maverick And I thought dealers were bad 64767626-949C-4D19-91F2-4B3F60857F7C

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some smart people posting here.

he actually did inject value into the Mav as he eliminated the 1yr wait for the buyer.

Doubtful he purchased the truck with the intent to turn a profit so he just took fair advantage of the situation and provides the value of instant gratification.

matt2636

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Some smart people posting here.

he actually did inject value into the Mav as he eliminated the 1yr wait for the buyer.

Doubtful he purchased the truck with the intent to turn a profit so he just took fair advantage of the situation and provides the value of instant gratification.
so can you prove that he intended to inject that value? just like the opposing argument made that he sold it with the intent to scalp it? without proof, you can easily say he eliminated the waiting period and easily say he scalped it with the intent to make money.

in the end, these people selling vehicles for more than what they bought them for deserve every ounce of harassment they are getting. sure, there is a chip/material shortage, but there is a greed problem which is driving prices more than the chip shortage. we saw this thing happen in the gun community after X person is elected or when X school shooting happened and everything sold out. the private seller drove up the price, not manufacturers or dealers and distributors.

I hope people quit buying at these stupid prices and these people price gouging lose their money and dealers that did the same thing lose the respect of their customers. they didn't just take advantage of a pandemic, but they took advantage of people who died and suffered form the pandemic.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you suggest he sell it for less than he can get for it out of altruism ?

Unfortunately without knowing his reason for selling it is impossible to lay judgement on his character. If his reason was that he saw an easy way to make a quick buck then perhaps the scalping claim has some merit, however if he simply decided that he didn’t like the truck or had another initially non monetary incentive to sell then he would be a fool to not get what someone is willing to pay.

also, I don’t care when mine arrives so I have no interest in paying more than msrp. To some, getting this truck tomorrow holds huge, if not fleeting, value.

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd flip mine in a heartbeat...…if I had one to flip. There are only so many times in ones life where opportunities to profit almost instantly are presented. I'd love to take advantage each and every time.
Sponsored