Sponsored

Those with cab and tailgate spoilers, how do you like it?

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am on the fence about getting 1 or both. If you have any of them can you post a pic? I am really looking for a pic of both spoilers. Yes I've used the search but sometimes the pics don't have the best angle
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hardening2753

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Preferably a landscape pic

OP
OP
Hardening2753

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hardening2753

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love my cab spoiler. It really breaks up the boxy look of the back of the truck. It also provides extra protection if you have cargo that would lean on the window.
IMG_3379.jpeg
IMG_3377.jpeg
Did you do any prep work to install it?

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you do any prep work to install it?
The most important thing is to line it up with painters tape before removing the adhesive. You get one shot. Another word of advice is to make pull tabs at the end of the red tape to easily remove. All you need is a caulking gun to apply the sealer.

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Longs Peak in the background.

Rear spoiler only.
Noticable increase in highway MPG since installation. Not as noticeable in town since A/C has been crankin lately.

A few different angles for you as well as a top view with asphalt landscape. Also included a stock lip shot for comparison.
Ford Maverick Those with cab and tailgate spoilers, how do you like it? IMG_0123

Ford Maverick Those with cab and tailgate spoilers, how do you like it? IMG_0246
Ford Maverick Those with cab and tailgate spoilers, how do you like it? IMG_0243
Ford Maverick Those with cab and tailgate spoilers, how do you like it? IMG_0242
Ford Maverick Those with cab and tailgate spoilers, how do you like it? IMG_2902

Last edited:

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rear spoiler only.
Noticable increase in highway MPG since installation. Not as noticeable in town since A/C has been crankin lately.

A few different angles for you as well as a top view with asphalt landscape. Also included a stock lip shot for comparison.
IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg
IMG_0243.jpeg
IMG_0242.jpeg
IMG_2902.jpeg
Looks good. The increase in highway MPG's is good to hear. What kind of increase are you noticing?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hardening2753

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Snowbird;
I am hesitant to say because I don’t want people to get one and then complain that they aren’t seeing the same gains.

With that, here goes:

Over 5MPG at 75mph. Four 1 hour trips to Denver from Loveland have confirmed this for me. Same weather conditions and traffic patterns as I noted before adding the spoiler. The only major change to my 4 test MPG trips, and all the others I have done since getting my Mav, is that now, I am running my A/C! That alone is impressive.

City driving is showing MPG gains as well I believe.

Keep in mind I have a tonneau cover.

Car and Driver had an article about the aerodynamic changes to pickups that help mpgs.

Among the other things that the Maverick already has, like front tire spats, tucked exhaust, flat underbody panels, etc., their information showed a 3-7% increase in mpg using a tonneau cover/ rear spoiler combination.

I believe this was referring to full sized trucks so not sure if our smaller vehicles would change the equation much either way.

I was fully prepared to rip this thing off if my mileage became negatively effected, 2-3 MPG or more.

The gains have truly surprised me.

Look at, name your brand, newer full size trucks. They all have a spoiler extension built into the tailgate metal panel that is similar to my spoiler design.
They don’t do that just for looks. (But it helps IMO)

Anecdotal evidence that this spoiler is reducing drag and turbulence is that the tailgate is staying cleaner.

I haven’t seen any testing showing what the effect of roof spoilers are. Until I do, I am not going that route. If positive, I would buy a pre painted one because I don’t like the tacked on look of the black plastic on lighter colored Mavericks.

Last edited:

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Snowbird;
I am hesitant to say because I don’t want people to get one and then complain that they aren’t seeing the same gains.

With that, here goes:

Over 5MPG at 75mph. Four 1 hour trips to Denver from Loveland have confirmed this for me. Same weather conditions and traffic patterns as I noted before adding the spoiler. The only major change to my 4 test MPG trips, and all the others I have done since getting my Mav, is that now, I am running my A/C! That alone is impressive.

City driving is showing MPG gains as well I believe.

Keep in mind I have a tonneau cover.

Car and Driver had an article about the aerodynamic changes to pickups that help mpgs.

Among the other things that the Maverick already has, like front tire spats, tucked exhaust, flat underbody panels, etc., their information showed a 3-7% increase in mpg using a tonneau cover/ rear spoiler combination.

I believe this was referring to full sized trucks so not sure if our smaller vehicles would change the equation much either way.

I was fully prepared to rip this thing off if my mileage became negatively effected, 2-3 MPG or more.

The gains have truly surprised me.

Look at, name your brand, newer full size trucks. They all have a spoiler extension built into the tailgate metal panel that is similar to my spoiler design.
They don’t do that just for looks. (But it helps IMO)

Anecdotal evidence that this spoiler is reducing drag and turbulence is that the tailgate is staying cleaner.

I haven’t seen any testing showing what the effect of roof spoilers are. Until I do, I am not going that route. If positive, I would buy a pre painted one because I don’t like the tacked on look of the black plastic on lighter colored Mavericks.
Thank you for the reply. Those improvements are noteworthy!

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Rear spoiler only.

IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg
IMG_0243.jpeg
IMG_0242.jpeg
IMG_2902.jpeg
“Noticable” difference in M.P.G.?
Wow!!
I must admit I’m beyond surprised. I thought this spoiler was 99% esthetic and 1% functional, and that was fine with me

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“Noticable” difference in M.P.G.?
Wow!!
I must admit I’m beyond surprised. I thought this spoiler was 99% esthetic and 1% functional, and that was fine with me
Agreed, I felt the same way. I was shocked at the results.

I really want someone to post the results of a roof spoiler, and results of both roof and tailgate together.

Sounds like a job for TFLTruck.
Sponsored