First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is very interesting to me that the Maverick is selling so much better than the Santa Cruz, however I see way more Santa Cruzes on the road then Mavericks in my area.....and I'm in Texas supposedly a hotspot.

I actually think that the Santa Cruz is nice looking and in person they have a more macho stance than the Maverick, but there are a couple of things that draw me more to the Maverick, the biggest one being the hybrid.

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't think you could make it any uglier, boy was I wrong. Someone heard me say that and said "Hold My Beer!"

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I actually think it looks really cool.

That said, I still wouldn't buy it.

Because I can literally pay less money for better fuel efficiency 😆

Sponsored

OP
OP
b4crimes

b4crimes

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Honda CB650R, Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick was designed to follow Ford's idea of what a traditional Truck should look like,...The Santa Cruz is based on an SUV design... Apples to Oranges....It's all about what you want your ride to look like, I wanted a Home owner needs type rig and prefer a nicer ride-handling and interior...more luxury, The SC fills it perfectly...I've carried full-size Husky tool cabinet on wheels.....10ft pipe....Tree limbs, pallets etc.,
My bed has all the options a Maverick has and more(Brunk)
My tail gate has the 45 degree setting also
My tailgate auto Soft opens with FOB
I get 24mpg 100% city

Yes I'll give you credit on the DCT..I wouldn't own one either :)

But we have the 5yr-60,000 bumper to bumper and 100,000 drive train...
And you can't tell me the Maverick hasn't had it's share of growing pains....

So really it's all about what you want your ride to look like and comfort you expect :)
You are not wrong when comparing the two, they both are a "truck". But what does the small truck market look like in America? No one knows because we haven't had one it a while then we got two different versions of what a small truck can be. The hyundai is nicer on the inside and you do pay for that because their base models use the same parts. A lariat has to share with an XL and you definitely see that. I came from an VW Alltrack which was about the same price point as a Lariat and I will say the interior fit/finish was miles ahead but the Maverick after owning one just wins you over. I don't want to bash the Santa Cruz because it is almost an Apples to oranges argument but man the forum just kind of puts a bad taste in your mouth with their holy than thou thought process when comparing the two.

Also a lot of Santa Cruz members have some horrible taste when it comes to modding their trucks but some in this forum aren't far behind.:p(style is subjective)

I can also see why you got a Santa Cruz, if you can get either of them, get one. I know a lot of you are tired of waiting because of the supply chain BS but either choice is a win because they are both small trucks. In the end that's what we wanted!
/rant

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick was designed to follow Ford's idea of what a traditional Truck should look like,...The Santa Cruz is based on an SUV design... Apples to Oranges....It's all about what you want your ride to look like, I wanted a Home owner needs type rig and prefer a nicer ride-handling and interior...more luxury, The SC fills it perfectly...I've carried full-size Husky tool cabinet on wheels.....10ft pipe....Tree limbs, pallets etc.,
I get 24mpg 100% city

So really it's all about what you want your ride to look like and comfort you expect :)
As far of as the recalls the mav has had one that affected all trucks either tbc and was a simple software update, one that was caused by the 3rd party and another that was caused by a supplier issue and none of them affected very many. I too tried the SC
...my wife hated the blind spots.....I have a heft write up on it

Jville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get 24mpg 100% city

The Santa Cruz is a fine gurly trucking car. Good on gas but bad on oil consumption..

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
The Santa Cruz is a fine gurly trucking car. Good on gas but bad on oil consumption..
Old news, Other engine... :)

I wonder what full-size trucks think of the Maverick :)

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We recently saw a Lamborghini in Houston with the license plate "WEEBO12" or something like that, that was wrapped with big boobed anime girls with their tongues sticking out. This is very mild by comparison.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get 24mpg 100% city

i saw TFT video they got 30mpg in a cruz. Its possible to get great mpg in cruz. Consistently idk about that.
i dont why they didnt want to show a maverick....

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
i saw TFT video they got 30mpg in a cruz. Its possible to get great mpg in cruz. Consistently idk about that.
i dont why they didnt want to show a maverick....
I did two trips in two weeks to SLC UT 350miles each way.. highest 32mpg...lowest 28mpg.. but most of my driving is to work and back 6.8mi each way and I'm avg 24.4 mpg per Fuelly

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided