MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received the email in April about manufuctering delays, but I did not get this last email. My order is a late ordered Hybrid XL with a trailer hitch and full size spare as the only options. I wonder if they will still try to schedule my truck as a 22? No one has a crystal ball, but this email seems to address higher optioned orders with more constraints. I guess time will tell.....
Call or chat with Ford - you may be scheduled and not know it yet.
Sponsored

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim,

So just to clarify....

If you want to take something off of your 22 order to see if it gets build faster with no guarantee that it will, that has to be done by July the 8th?

If you dont change it, then on the Aug 2nd through the 15th you and your dealer sit down and make a new order for the MY23 with those options and they will be able to somehow get to the factory that you are MY22 order and those will be pushed to the front of the line of the regular order MY23's?
But...
If your truck gets scheduled before Aug 2, then you dont have to do that, unless you want a MY23?

There should be no scheduling of MY22 after Aug thet 2nd, or if there is and you do a MY23 and then get scheduled your MY23 order goes away?

The MY22s will be built all the way up to the middle of Oct for those last orders?

With all these dates and what is happening I am getting a bit confused and my saleman is clueless as of last Saturday.

Thank you.
It sounds to me like the MY'23 orders taken August 2-15 will all be at the front of the line, because only folks with pending MY'22 orders may place a MY'23 order August 2-15. The general public is allowed to place orders beginning August 16th.

Mind you, manufacture and delivery will still be affected by supply chain issues. So you may want the list of constraints in front of you if/when you sit down to make a new order in August. You might want to order through Long McArthur Ford in KS, then go visit FordVideoGuy Tim Bartz and pick it up!

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
It sounds to me like the MY'23 orders taken August 2-15 will all be at the front of the line, because only folks with pending MY'22 orders may place a MY'23 order August 2-15. The general public is allowed to place orders beginning August 16th.

Mind you, manufacture and delivery will still be affected by supply chain issues. So you may want the list of constraints in front of you if/when you sit down to make a new order in August. You might want to order through Long McArthur Ford in KS, then go visit FordVideoGuy Tim Bartz and pick it up!
Not sure that's true. There a post here saying all orders open August 2nd. It was from ford memo. But either way they are resetting the line for 2022 meaning a July order can be built after a December order of the same build. Depends when you put the new order in. Its yet to be seen if there is going to be a priority for 2022 orders..

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't forget Dealer Allocations in addition to constraints. It still won't be a first come first serve based on order date

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure that's true. There a post here saying all orders open August 2nd. It was from ford memo. But either way they are resetting the line for 2022 meaning a July order can be built after a December order of the same build. Depends when you put the new order in. Its yet to be seen if there is going to be a priority for 2022 orders..
Argh! That would be so wrong. All '22 orders deserve to be made first. It's HARD to wait, and it's a truck that is definitely worth waiting for. Sigh. They hold all the cards, though.

To get questions answered and to keep up on the latest, go over to FordVideoGuy's Tuesday evening live YouTube podcasts! Here's the most recent, and it may well address this issue!

Sponsored

Sean B

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul and a Dodge Van
Yep I saw all that, I have watched the latest video, I just wanted to have him verify what it looks like was put out. With all the different dates being tossed around and the process. I understand it will be a new order, it will be in the front of the line, I figure that they will make the new packages that will have to be ordered so that there are no constraits or very minimal so that they can get those trucks done.

Waitingtosee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer Limited, 2022 Ford Maverick FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can make changes to a priority 2 order. They make the changes, before submitting they change the priority to 10, then submit. After it is submitted, they need to email their Ford Rep, the order number, body code, name and that it needs to go back to outright priority 2. Within 24 hours it will be updated to a priority 2. I've probably made 2 dozen changes to priority 2 orders.
Tim so a priority 2 order means it is on hold because of constraints? Is that correct? I stopped by my dealer this morning and they told me my Maverick was being built and printed out a summary page that shows it as a priority 2 but it has not been assigned a VIN. I asked them and they said that priority 2 usually means it will be built. It is a FE so I was hoping that would help get it built but at this late date I am beginning to wonder. Any insight would be appreciated!

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim so a priority 2 order means it is on hold because of constraints? Is that correct? I stopped by my dealer this morning and they told me my Maverick was being built and printed out a summary page that shows it as a priority 2 but it has not been assigned a VIN. I asked them and they said that priority 2 usually means it will be built. It is a FE so I was hoping that would help get it built but at this late date I am beginning to wonder. Any insight would be appreciated!
Priority 2 just means that scheduling is looking at the order. Doesn't mean it is contained in and of itself. They move the vehicle into that priority so that the dealer can no longer change the configuration.

Tim has said repeatedly that all the First Editions will be built at 2022's. So you should hold tight and keep waiting.

Of course they could wait and schedule yours for production mid-October for December delivery.....

Waitingtosee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer Limited, 2022 Ford Maverick FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Priority 2 just means that scheduling is looking at the order. Doesn't mean it is contained in and of itself. They move the vehicle into that priority so that the dealer can no longer change the configuration.

Tim has said repeatedly that all the First Editions will be built at 2022's. So you should hold tight and keep waiting.

Of course they could wait and schedule yours for production mid-October for December delivery.....
Gotcha! Thanks for that response. I am just sitting tight and waiting to see what happens!

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotcha! Thanks for that response. I am just sitting tight and waiting to see what happens!
My perspective of priority 2 is the regional scheduler wants to get it a build day/week. Allocations and constraints are the checkpoints it has to pass before a customer secures their coveted VIN.

@fordvideoguy , Is it true that if you "get a VIN your in" MY22?

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Priority 2 is an order that the region would like to see get scheduled by the factory but if it has constraints it will stay in priority 2 so that order will be pulled before a 10 with the same equipment. Just because it is a priority 2 does not mean it will be built in 22. In your case since you have a First Edition in P2 I would say you should get scheduled soon. But please make sure you don't have splash guards, bed mat, protective film, Bed Tray Liner, Bed Extender, I still believe they will cause your order to not get scheduled but I don't have proof. If it was my order I wouldn't take the chance. Those all can be added later through Ford Accessories or by the dealer.

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Priority 2 is an order that the region would like to see get scheduled by the factory but if it has constraints it will stay in priority 2 so that order will be pulled before a 10 with the same equipment. Just because it is a priority 2 does not mean it will be built in 22. In your case since you have a First Edition in P2 I would say you should get scheduled soon. But please make sure you don't have splash guards, bed mat, protective film, Bed Tray Liner, Bed Extender, I still believe they will cause your order to not get scheduled but I don't have proof. If it was my order I wouldn't take the chance. Those all can be added later through Ford Accessories or by the dealer.
Do you think Ford will remove these items as factory options in ‘23? Like you said, these items can be added later and it doesn’t make sense to add them when they’re so constrained. I’m thinking the factory tonneau cover and SIBL might be on the chopping block too.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
My perspective of priority 2 is the regional scheduler wants to get it a build day/week. Allocations and constraints are the checkpoints it has to pass before a customer secures their coveted VIN.

@fordvideoguy , Is it true that if you "get a VIN your in" MY22?
yes

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Do you think Ford will remove these items as factory options in ‘23? Like you said, these items can be added later and it doesn’t make sense to add them when they’re so constrained. I’m thinking the factory tonneau cover and SIBL might be on the chopping block too.
no, they want to sell them instead of having the dealer sell them. So they are hoping to get people to add those DIO and Ford Accessory items to your order.

MB_NLD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Engine
Undecided
Asked my dealer to remove the luxury package, and add the trailer hitch, however, he said that it would not be possible to add the hitch. Does anyone know if this is indeed the case? Is it also a constraint? Seems like it's a pain to install it aftermarket and $100 is a steal.
Sponsored