Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No two of us peons drive exactly alike. So many factors involved. How fast, city/hwy miles, altitude, weather, road surface, tire brand and pressure and type of gas. You get what you get, no more no less.
Sponsored

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dash mileage is about 5% too optimistic when compared to manually calculated mileage. But using the dashboard reading seems to be quite useful when comparing different routes, speeds or weather conditions. Of course, that assumes that the 5% difference is a constant instead of varying between 0% and 10% in accordance with the prevalence of sunspot activity, relative humidity or ozone levels.
So I figured about %7 off, but who is counting...

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After you collect your data go into engineering mode and change your AFE factor and make the dash economy read more accurately. There are posts on how to do this.

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For this tank I wasn't driving like i casually would, but rather intentionally aware of optimizing the hybrid system while still just doing normal activities including many short 1-mile trips and a couple times on the highway. (This tank lasted over a month!)
Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG PXL_20230819_043117572

Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG PXL_20230819_044142187

Fuel pump calculated 51.2 MPG

It's cool to know the truck is capable of these numbers, but most of the time I'm happy settling with 46 MPG and not having to focus so hard.

Sponsored

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is REAL HYBRID MPG anyhow? I'm loaded up with gas and gear to to hit the road for some sweet mountain bike camping, 175 mi each way. I'll call that real recreational hybrid mpg. Maybe even puff some recreational stuff too. 🥴 Either way, I 'aint gonna be worried about mpg. Any better than 37 and I'll be floored.

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For this tank I wasn't driving like i casually would, but rather intentionally aware of optimizing the hybrid system while still just doing normal activities including many short 1-mile trips and a couple times on the highway. (This tank lasted over a month!)
PXL_20230819_043117572.jpg

PXL_20230819_044142187.jpg

Fuel pump calculated 51.2 MPG

It's cool to know the truck is capable of these numbers, but most of the time I'm happy settling with 46 MPG and not having to focus so hard.
Well, I must be some kind of idiot. I use ECO, I know how to use it, I drive the best way to get the best mpg..(slow even starts, etc) but ..well, I give up. 38- 41, hand calc, best I can get on a full tank.

Last edited:

Vaportrail

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I must be some kind of idiot. I use ECO, I know how to use it, I drive the best way to get the best mpg..(slow even starts, etc) but ..well, I give up. 38- 41, best I can get on a full tank.
Well, I think it's wise to pulse and glide-

But with a hybrid don't take all day to accelerate...

Try letting the electric motor help, at 35-40%-

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know what MPG I'm getting after a couple months of driving not the down hill or even one tank.
Day in day out, good weather/bad, remote start, in a hurry/not.
Anything else is what I can get not what I'm getting.
I’m getting 41.5 mpg consistently average calculated at the pump. 75 % interstate so I’m extremely happy.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I must be some kind of idiot. I use ECO, I know how to use it, I drive the best way to get the best mpg..(slow even starts, etc) but ..well, I give up. 38- 41, hand calc, best I can get on a full tank.
Slippery mode is more efficient for many of us than "eco" because it allows you to coast longer before the regen kicks in.

Sponsored

Joemh7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello: I've seen several posts stating my Maverick Hybrid got 45 MPG, 57 MPG and more. They back them up with pictures of their dash. The only way to have your REAL MPG is by filling up your tank and filling it up again, and doing the math with your total mileage. Anyone can post a picture of their dash for a short trip and have it show 40, 50, and more MPG. I can drive around my neighborhood, never going over 30 MPH, trying my best to stay on electric power and show a bogus dash picture. I've owned hybrids for 15 years. I can post a picture of my PriusV, going down hill and it says my MPG is 99 MPG. If you want to give an honest MPG value, give us a gas tank refill, do the math with your total miles driven and then state what kind of MPG you are getting. Don't go posting a 30 or 60 mile trip and post a picture. I just don't want some people thinking their hybrids are living up to standards.
[/QUOT
I'm 7k miles in and never reset my trip 2 and it's at 41.4 mpg . Beats the window sticker and I'm Thrilled w it.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m getting 41.5 mpg consistently average calculated at the pump. 75 % interstate so I’m extremely happy.
Excellent result. My cumulative mpg per my dasboard (over 10,000+ miles) is 43.9, which is about 2.0-2.5 mpg higher than calculating mpg at gas tank fill-up time per my tests.

Like you I feel that at least 75% of my 10,000+ miles have been on interstates and highways. I would guess that my average mph on interstates around Atlanta has been 50-60 in fairly heavy traffic and 60-70 mph on long trips.

EDIT: I mistakenly said my cumulative mpg’s on my dashboard were 53.9. The number should have been 43.9; it has been corrected above.

Last edited:

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Excellent result. My cumulative mpg per my dasboard (over 10,000+ miles) is 53.9, which is about 2.0-2.5 mpg higher than calculating mpg at gas tank fill-up time per my tests.

Like you I feel that at least 75% of my 10,000+ miles have been on interstates and highways. I would guess that my average mph on interstates around Atlanta has been 50-60 in fairly heavy traffic and 60-70 mph on long trips.
Yep, there are highways....and there are highways. I've gotten some of my best trip readings on long stretches of congested interstate. It really takes the sting out of a traffic jam, watching your mpg going up instead of down. Why did it take me so long to buy a hybrid?? 😉

SeedGeek74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus SE hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello: I've seen several posts stating my Maverick Hybrid got 45 MPG, 57 MPG and more. They back them up with pictures of their dash. The only way to have your REAL MPG is by filling up your tank and filling it up again, and doing the math with your total mileage. Anyone can post a picture of their dash for a short trip and have it show 40, 50, and more MPG. I can drive around my neighborhood, never going over 30 MPH, trying my best to stay on electric power and show a bogus dash picture. I've owned hybrids for 15 years. I can post a picture of my PriusV, going down hill and it says my MPG is 99 MPG. If you want to give an honest MPG value, give us a gas tank refill, do the math with your total miles driven and then state what kind of MPG you are getting. Don't go posting a 30 or 60 mile trip and post a picture. I just don't want some people thinking their hybrids are living up to standards.
Sponsored