Sponsored

The dreaded email from ford

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Doubting my truck will go into production this month. Started with August 8th, then August 15th and now August 22nd for production. I know so many others are in the same situation. Hoping my expectations are met after waiting this long after placing my order Dec. 21'. Okay rant over......
Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Doubting my truck will go into production this month. Started with August 8th, then August 15th and now August 22nd for production. I know so many others are in the same situation. Hoping my expectations are met after waiting this long after placing my order Dec. 21'. Okay rant over......
You have a build date, even though changed and you describe that as a dreaded email? I ordered September 18 and have no VIN, no build date and no hope… I wish I had the dreaded email you received.

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep checking the order tracking page. Mine was supposed to be made late June, then August 8th, then the 25th, then the 22nd. I looked yesterday at the tracker and it says "in production" and I now have a window sticker. I ordered two months before you in October.

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The wait times have been silly. Never thought back in October I would be sitting here 10 months later with no truck. Still no end in sight. Have a August 29 build date, probably delayed, shipping will be delayed and will have to fight my dealership for price protection if it ever arrives.

Sponsored

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You’re one of the lucky ones and has at least received an email that your order is in the works. I ordered Oct. 9th last year and still nothing from Ford. At this point looks like mine will roll over into the MY23. I did however get a bit of somewhat good news from my dealer. He says my order has dropped down to “priority code 2” from the 19 where it has been at since ordering. You must have ordered the Eco 2.0 without constraints. I ordered the hybrid Lariat Lux with 360. All constraint items.

OP
OP
ERob81

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
I feel for those that haven't received an email and those that ordered before I did and are still waiting. I know there's nothing I can do about it but this is the only place that I feel others understand to where I can openly vent and also be sympathetic to others in the same situation. It's a dreaded email because of the frustration the production dates keep changing.

OP
OP
ERob81

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
You’re one of the lucky ones and has at least received an email that your order is in the works. I ordered Oct. 9th last year and still nothing from Ford. At this point looks like mine will roll over into the MY23. I did however get a bit of somewhat good news from my dealer. He says my order has dropped down to “priority code 2” from the 19 where it has been at since ordering. You must have ordered the Eco 2.0 without constraints. I ordered the hybrid Lariat Lux with 360. All constraint items.
Yes my truck has no constraints. Just a XLT FWD

OP
OP
ERob81

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
The wait times have been silly. Never thought back in October I would be sitting here 10 months later with no truck. Still no end in sight. Have a August 29 build date, probably delayed, shipping will be delayed and will have to fight my dealership for price protection if it ever arrives.
Another concern of mine is by the time we get ours is the interest rates, how will they be?

Reactions: Wil
OP
OP
ERob81

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
You have a build date, even though changed and you describe that as a dreaded email? I ordered September 18 and have no VIN, no build date and no hope… I wish I had the dreaded email you received.
I really do sympathize for you. I never thought ordering my maverick it would take this long since this is the second time I've special ordered a truck from Ford. First time was back in 2005 so wasn't expecting it to go this way.

Sponsored

pistons pissing

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 toyota camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another concern of mine is by the time we get ours is the interest rates, how will they be?
You should have price protection and the interest rate at the time of your order. It is on the smart vincent. There are several threads on the topic but your dealer should honor those agreements if you entered into the agreement with your custom order.

dale

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 saturn sky redline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
my order was 6/10/21 just built 8/8/22 I think! The chips are active but Ford still says in production for the last week. Good luck my friend.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if any of the late scheduled ( mid-late) September high constraint’s reservations will be pushed over and over to be a 2023 model year.
If a build date in June became August….

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you called Ford Marketing. I have never received an email but about a month ago I called and they gave me a VIN # and build date. I ordered a Hybrid, Lariat, Lux, Co pilot, SIBL on October 26.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There must be some way Ford can check somewhere in the computer process to find orders that were only partially completed by salesmen. I can only guess at how many thousands of customers are out there waiting for build dates that will never come because the orders weren’t entered correctly at the dealer.
Sponsored