Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I picked up my Maverick Saturday morning. It was nuts at the dealership. A small country dealership that moves lots of vehicles. People were busy buying. It took over two hours and that is with already having a check in hand from Navy Fed so no discussions with the dealership's financial guy. Had to coach the substitute salesman as my regular salesman is on vacation. Had to guide him through the Navy Federal process of validating the check, filling in the right boxes and insuring the Promisory Note was correct. :confused:

Got my price protection so I paid $480.00 under the sticker price. Had to coach him on that too. :confused:

The truck had 39.7 miles on the clock and a test vehicle sticker in the rear window. I was happy to see that. The salesman said most people are unhappy to see "that many" miles on a new vehicle. I told him that most just do not understand the process. He just stared at me. :confused:

When finalizing payment as I put a chunk of change down and paid for the fax, title and registration I needed to coach the financial guy on how to fill out the registration transfer. He wanted to put the old plates from my last truck on but I explained I did not bring them as the sticker has expired in June. I explained to him 3 times he needed to fill out Section 7 on the state form that outlines that I am keeping the old plates and that I just need new stickers, that I need to pay the $76.00 annual registration fee, plus $35.00 for transfer plus list when I sold my old truck, to whom and the VIN, so I need cardboard plates.

Lastly the salesman insisted on going over the Maverick but I said no. I know the truck as well as anyone who has never owned one, I will figure it out the rest. OK, but he insisted again to set up Ford Pass App. He could not get it to work. Just kept spinning. I said forget about it, the app needs to be deleted and re downloaded. He insisted again and I basically just took my cell phone from him, thanked him very much and said if there was nothing else my wife and I were hitting the road. :p

I did not test drive the Maverick so the first time I ever was in one was when we were leaving the dealership. My wife and I were immediately impressed with the roominess inside. Driving down the road it felt awesome, ride is very good and the curvy road on the was home was fun to drive. The Pirelli's are a bit noisy compared to my wife's Falkens. I can feel the engine is very peppy but during the break-in period I am taking it easy, keeping the RPM's down as much as practical.

During the ride home, the Apple Car Play was extremely glitchy, kept cutting out and restarting every few minutes. Not happy about that, but then I then remembered that I had forgotten to delete the Ford Pass App and that it most likely was still spinning endlessly and that is what caused the problem. After getting home, I deleted and re-installed the app and it downloaded with no issues and Apple CarPlay is now working flawlessly.

MODS

Husky Floor liners. I bought the cheaper of the two sets from Real Truck. Got the 5% MTC discount. They are real nice, will do the job good. If I were still driving 25K a year I would have bought the more expensive set for a hundred bucks more. These, I feel will do the job for me.

Tailgate letters. Standard Amazon fare here. The Maverick tailgate needs them. Mine are in Matte Black but look closer to a satin black. They look very good.

Tonneau Cover. I purchased the Tip Top Tri-Fold cover off Amazon for $160.00 after instant $50.00 off coupon. Not a bad cover at all, not lying, not up to the standards of my favorite cover the Xtang 2.0 AXL but right now just could not spring for the extra $300.00 + for it. Unpacking the securing hardware looked chintzy, but to my surprise it secured the cover as tight as I wanted to without bending the bottom of the side rails of the truck. The latch was the same situation, looked chintzy as well, but once adjusted it secures the cover against the tailgate very well. I doubt it will be totally waterproof, but for $160.00 I cannot expect it to be. The material of the cover looks good, especially for the price. It flaps very little at Interstate speeds up to 70MPH.

ttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BF9LH5Y4?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Side.jpeg
back.jpeg
Reese Tow Power Hitch Cover.
Big spender here. 6 bucks and it looks good.

Drop in bed liner. Still waiting for it to come in and waiting for the Pass points to register. The dealer is giving me 20% off, plus the points it will cost around $160 bucks. Well worth that IMHO.

In summary, after day 2 this truck is every bit the truck I was hoping for. It runs great, the engine is quiet, the tranny shift good, the brakes are strong feel great. Handling is exceptional. All these attributes are very close or equal to my wife's Jeep Cherokee Limited, so yes, this truck does have a crossover SUV feel to it.

The seats are very comfortable and the interior very roomy with plenty of head, shoulder and hip room. Getting in an out is very easy even for an old fart like me.

I love the headlights. Good reach, bright but not overly so and have not been flashed in the little I drove it last night.

The fuel economy gauge is reading 25 MPG has never been reset including the 39.7 testing miles in Hermosillo and loading and unloading. The trip from the dealer to home, about 40 miles of two lane highway through small towns read 35 MPG on Trip ODO 1.

My impression of the build quality is exceptional. Of course I am not a connoisseur of high end top of the line vehicles. Preferring to plunk my ass in classic Rangers for 33 years. :ROFLMAO: The hood and doors fit well, nice fitment where the fender and front bumper cover meet. The doors feel solid when closed and the tailgate fits good as well. Speaking of the tailgate, I have decided to not order the DeeZee damper. The tailgate, being half aluminum feels surprisingly light to me to open and close so I see no need to give up the tie down.

Loving that interior. Looks even better in person than internet pics. My style for sure.

Complaints.

Screen dim and reflective. Well documented here so not surprise but hoping it was not going to be quite as bad as it is. I can live with it as I consider it a minor issue as it is still readable and it is functioning flawlessly on Google maps and music. Also documented here is the fact that after 50% the adjustment makes no difference. Ford are you listening??? Update this screen for a few more lumens. At least make it brighter enough so an anti reflective screen protector won't make it unreadable or close to it.

Would I buy this truck again? Yes, in a heartbeat as long as I do not need to wait a year to the day for it. That I will not do again, I can promise y'all on that. Not sure what I would buy though. I look at all the other trucks I see on the road with a level of disdain. Too big, too ugly, too impractical. too much of a gas hog, too expensive.

Well there you have it, the Builder's observation on his brand new Mav. Gotta love these trucks. Like all of you here, I made the right decision.
Great review, and a great looking truck! In my opinion, you have to spend over 40K before getting something nicer then a Maverick!
Sponsored

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think one of the reasons the dealers are so persistent with walking you through the vehicle and setting everything up is there sales customer survey. Anything less than 5 stars across the board gets them into trouble. Can't check all the boxes with positive comments.

Pops_Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Volvo XC R-Design, '16 Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my Maverick Saturday morning. It was nuts at the dealership. A small country dealership that moves lots of vehicles. People were busy buying. It took over two hours and that is with already having a check in hand from Navy Fed so no discussions with the dealership's financial guy. Had to coach the substitute salesman as my regular salesman is on vacation. Had to guide him through the Navy Federal process of validating the check, filling in the right boxes and insuring the Promisory Note was correct. :confused:

Got my price protection so I paid $480.00 under the sticker price. Had to coach him on that too. :confused:

The truck had 39.7 miles on the clock and a test vehicle sticker in the rear window. I was happy to see that. The salesman said most people are unhappy to see "that many" miles on a new vehicle. I told him that most just do not understand the process. He just stared at me. :confused:

When finalizing payment as I put a chunk of change down and paid for the fax, title and registration I needed to coach the financial guy on how to fill out the registration transfer. He wanted to put the old plates from my last truck on but I explained I did not bring them as the sticker has expired in June. I explained to him 3 times he needed to fill out Section 7 on the state form that outlines that I am keeping the old plates and that I just need new stickers, that I need to pay the $76.00 annual registration fee, plus $35.00 for transfer plus list when I sold my old truck, to whom and the VIN, so I need cardboard plates.

Lastly the salesman insisted on going over the Maverick but I said no. I know the truck as well as anyone who has never owned one, I will figure it out the rest. OK, but he insisted again to set up Ford Pass App. He could not get it to work. Just kept spinning. I said forget about it, the app needs to be deleted and re downloaded. He insisted again and I basically just took my cell phone from him, thanked him very much and said if there was nothing else my wife and I were hitting the road. :p

I did not test drive the Maverick so the first time I ever was in one was when we were leaving the dealership. My wife and I were immediately impressed with the roominess inside. Driving down the road it felt awesome, ride is very good and the curvy road on the was home was fun to drive. The Pirelli's are a bit noisy compared to my wife's Falkens. I can feel the engine is very peppy but during the break-in period I am taking it easy, keeping the RPM's down as much as practical.

During the ride home, the Apple Car Play was extremely glitchy, kept cutting out and restarting every few minutes. Not happy about that, but then I then remembered that I had forgotten to delete the Ford Pass App and that it most likely was still spinning endlessly and that is what caused the problem. After getting home, I deleted and re-installed the app and it downloaded with no issues and Apple CarPlay is now working flawlessly.

MODS

Husky Floor liners. I bought the cheaper of the two sets from Real Truck. Got the 5% MTC discount. They are real nice, will do the job good. If I were still driving 25K a year I would have bought the more expensive set for a hundred bucks more. These, I feel will do the job for me.

Tailgate letters. Standard Amazon fare here. The Maverick tailgate needs them. Mine are in Matte Black but look closer to a satin black. They look very good.

Tonneau Cover. I purchased the Tip Top Tri-Fold cover off Amazon for $160.00 after instant $50.00 off coupon. Not a bad cover at all, not lying, not up to the standards of my favorite cover the Xtang 2.0 AXL but right now just could not spring for the extra $300.00 + for it. Unpacking the securing hardware looked chintzy, but to my surprise it secured the cover as tight as I wanted to without bending the bottom of the side rails of the truck. The latch was the same situation, looked chintzy as well, but once adjusted it secures the cover against the tailgate very well. I doubt it will be totally waterproof, but for $160.00 I cannot expect it to be. The material of the cover looks good, especially for the price. It flaps very little at Interstate speeds up to 70MPH.

Side.jpeg
back.jpeg

Drop in bed liner. Still waiting for it to come in and waiting for the Pass points to register. The dealer is giving me 20% off, plus the points it will cost around $160 bucks. Well worth that IMHO.

In summary, after day 2 this truck is every bit the truck I was hoping for. It runs great, the engine is quiet, the tranny shift good, the brakes are strong feel great. Handling is exceptional. All these attributes are very close or equal to my wife's Jeep Cherokee Limited, so yes, this truck does have a crossover SUV feel to it.

The seats are very comfortable and the interior very roomy with plenty of head, shoulder and hip room. Getting in an out is very easy even for an old fart like me.

I love the headlights. Good reach, bright but not overly so and have not been flashed in the little I drove it last night.

The fuel economy gauge is reading 25 MPG has never been reset including the 39.7 testing miles in Hermosillo and loading and unloading. The trip from the dealer to home, about 40 miles of two lane highway through small towns read 35 MPG on Trip ODO 1.

My impression of the build quality is exceptional. Of course I am not a connoisseur of high end top of the line vehicles. Preferring to plunk my ass in classic Rangers for 33 years. :ROFLMAO: The hood and doors fit well, nice fitment where the fender and front bumper cover meet. The doors feel solid when closed and the tailgate fits good as well. Speaking of the tailgate, I have decided to not order the DeeZee damper. The tailgate, being half aluminum feels surprisingly light to me to open and close so I see no need to give up the tie down.

Loving that interior. Looks even better in person than internet pics. My style for sure.

Complaints.

Screen dim and reflective. Well documented here so not surprise but hoping it was not going to be quite as bad as it is. I can live with it as I consider it a minor issue as it is still readable and it is functioning flawlessly on Google maps and music. Also documented here is the fact that after 50% the adjustment makes no difference. Ford are you listening??? Update this screen for a few more lumens. At least make it brighter enough so an anti reflective screen protector won't make it unreadable or close to it.

Would I buy this truck again? Yes, in a heartbeat as long as I do not need to wait a year to the day for it. That I will not do again, I can promise y'all on that. Not sure what I would buy though. I look at all the other trucks I see on the road with a level of disdain. Too big, too ugly, too impractical. too much of a gas hog, too expensive.

Well there you have it, the Builder's observation on his brand new Mav. Gotta love these trucks. Like all of you here, I made the right decision.

Howard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IH Scout, Ranger, Escape, 24 Atlas Blue someday
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hope you don't have to train the service department wherever you might take your truck if necessary as you did the sales department.

What model Pirellis came on your truck? I have an FX4 XLT on order and would like to know what to expect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad your happy with your truck. So far so good with mine.

You do know that you are a living legend at LMF :)!
Great group there at LVF. Gotta remember that I just have to do homework for myself, they have to do it for all the sales. Not an easy job, lots of variables. I do not mind saying I missed our salesman Mike. He is top notch and a great guy. Gonna be speaking with him tomorrow about the pass points so I can get that bed liner.

Glad to hear your truck is working out.

OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hope you don't have to train the service department wherever you might take your truck if necessary as you did the sales department.

What model Pirellis came on your truck? I have an FX4 XLT on order and would like to know what to expect.
Pirelli Scorpion ATR's. Only have a few hundred on them, but so far not a bad tire. A little noisy, about the same as Goodyears and Generals I used to run on my Ranger. Gonna get a year out of them before swapping out to Falken Wildpeaks. Maybe upsizing to 235 from stock 225.

From what I have heard they fall short off road big time. So if that is your thing, check out what the off roaders here are running. If you are a mild off roader, Falken Wildpeaks are popular. More serious off road many go with BFG, Toyo and the more aggressive Falken. Many other choices here too so be sure to do searches or just ask.

Hope this helps.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

congrats on finally getting your Maverick. yes, your black matte/satin letters do look good with silver paint and your black fx4 wheels. great choice!

and I would tint the front side windows, it will help with screen legibility. you can do 50% if you want to maintain as much lateral night vision as possible, or go with at least 35% otherwise.

OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
congrats on finally getting your Maverick. yes, your black matte/satin letters do look good with silver paint and your black fx4 wheels. great choice!

and I would tint the front side windows, it will help with screen legibility. you can do 50% if you want to maintain as much lateral night vision as possible, or go with at least 35% otherwise.
Thanx!!! Front seat side windows are illegal to tint in Vermont so your good idea will not work up here, regretfully.

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think one of the reasons the dealers are so persistent with walking you through the vehicle and setting everything up is there sales customer survey. Anything less than 5 stars across the board gets them into trouble. Can't check all the boxes with positive comments.
You are right.This was pointed out to me by my sales guy.

Sponsored

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great group there at LVF. Gotta remember that I just have to do homework for myself, they have to do it for all the sales. Not an easy job, lots of variables. I do not mind saying I missed our salesman Mike. He is top notch and a great guy. Gonna be speaking with him tomorrow about the pass points so I can get that bed liner.

Glad to hear your truck is working out.
Mike did a great job for me. I was happy to have him show me each and every feature.

I used my pass points for a pre bought service plan for routine services good at any Ford dealer.

OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mike did a great job for me. I was happy to have him show me each and every feature.

I used my pass points for a pre bought service plan for routine services good at any Ford dealer.
Mike was on vacation when I picked up my truck so I ended up with another salesman. I spoke to Mike this morning about my Pass Points as my Bedliner is in and would like to pick it up and use the points for it.

RZ2O16

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot EX & 2020 Subaru Outback Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

MODS

Side.jpeg
back.jpeg

Complaints.

Congrats on getting the new Maverick! Good to see you like it.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I picked up my Maverick Saturday morning.
Like all of you here, I made the right decision.
Thank you for posting all of those details. I love seeing everyone's different tastes, wants and needs; reflected in their special order.

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

MODS

Side.jpeg
back.jpeg

Complaints.

so happy for you that you're finally in your new Mav!! excellent review as well. happy trails!
Sponsored