First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@CoryDallas8123, not a dealbreaker - just want to know what ended up in the truck since there is clearly contradicting information (between order guide, original stickers, and the manual). The following comment did set me off, and I shouldn't have taken the bait.

Yep - just trying to confirm what we are getting in the truck. Tilt is something I actually use a lot in the explorer, but it won't stop if withheld in the the mav.
Totally understand. Iā€™ve asked some questions that donā€™t have clear answers too. Weā€™re all in the same boat until we can get our Mavs.

Hope they start pushing out Hybrids!
Sponsored

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep this is a great video..... I will be getting the slow open tailgate kit listed in the assy catalog for $50
They have a tailgate damper kit already? Great.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have a tailgate damper kit already? Great.
Ford is selling one in the accessory store and many people have posted 3rd parties have the exact same for sale for cheaper.

Seems pretty easy to install yourself too.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting that several reports from other drivers of AWD EB 2.0 Mavericks were ranging from 30-34 MPG. I am not sure how this guy only got 17???

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Fist add-on. Hands down. The slam tailgate makes my heart hurt.
Iā€™m new to pickups, but what am I missing? Canā€˜t you control the opening yourself? Sure the TFL guy kept dropping it, but he must be ā€œthatā€ guy in the gym that drops the dumbbells lol

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m new to pickups, but what am I missing? Canā€˜t you control the opening yourself? Sure the TFL guy kept dropping it, but he must be ā€œthatā€ guy in the gym that drops the dumbbells lol
You are 100% correct. One can easily lower the tailgate at their own speed with the hands. The tailgate dampener adds a layer of security to ensure the tailgate does not slam. Itā€™s a first world add on for sure as my dads tailgates of the 80ā€™s-00ā€™s were never dampened.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're exactly right. The tailgate is not sized like an F-250 and it's not up high, plus it's reported to be aluminum. I've had several pickups and it's never been a problem to me.

But if it makes folks happy for only $50 heck, go for it.

Sponsored

rp2s

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, waiting for 2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right back at you bud, they removed it from the order guide this week which is way more reliable than the build and price website. It's really frustrating when people come in here with actually no research and even less knowledge and muddy up these threads
Hahaha, Iā€™m not your bud. Maybe itā€™s a bloody typo. We are talking about a company who released the fwd + 4K tow package, then changed their mind and offered free AWD to those customers.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go to ford.com and look up the Maverick. It is a tilt and slide moonroof. Do some research.
It wouldn't be the first time a feature that was listed got removed like the power passenger seat on the Lariat.

rlc3854

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hahaha, Iā€™m not your bud. Maybe itā€™s a bloody typo. We are talking about a company who released the fwd + 4K tow package, then changed their mind and offered free AWD to those customers.
I think the guy in the video also mentioned that the 4K tow package was available on both vehicles. This video may have been made months ago.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have no intention of going off-road - though where I live, some of the dirt roads would qualify. You can see about where it aligns with the wheels. It IS low-hanging! That bugs me a little, but I can't even get my head under the engine compartment of my Transit Connect and have not had an issue yet. Just illustrates that this model is intended for road-only.
He was a big guy and had room to crawl underā€¦ so there was enough room for him to get under and point.
Sponsored