Sponsored

Teamsters will honor UAW strike (No Deliveries)

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gee, The UAW ONLY wants a 46% wage increase. I was once in the UAW, not that I ever wanted to be, and the company I worked for shut down in August, 33 years ago. Hunting seasons start opening up in September, so they are in no hurry to get back to work. Figure out how much a new Ford, GM or Chevy vehicle, made under UAW contract, will cost in the future.
I worked at that same plant for 12 yrs, #26 on the hourly seniority list. I was there when they tried to run production during deer season and had to shut down for absenteeism. I was there when one worker shot himself to death across the road from the plant after the surprise closing announcement. Their contract mirrored the GM Lordstown agreement.

GM just upped their offer to 20% to match Ford's. But the main issue still remains the two tier wage system that UAW granted them when Ford was in crisis. Ford doesn't want to talk about that.
Sponsored

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UAW is also asking for 20% reduction in work hours with 40 hr pay -- 40 hrs down to 32 hrs. This would require additional workers be hired and trained to maintain production since I believe UAW is also demanding no mandatory overtime. Pensions, job security guarantees, end to temporary workers, the whole enchilada.

Esteban88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback, Maverick XL hybrid (ordered)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He said all options remain on the table but if there is no resolution that the strike will begin at midnight at three locations which include the Ford Michigan assembly plant.

Esteban88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback, Maverick XL hybrid (ordered)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UAW is also asking for 20% reduction in work hours with 40 hr pay -- 40 hrs down to 32 hrs. This would require additional workers be hired and trained to maintain production since I believe UAW is also demanding no mandatory overtime. Pensions, job security guarantees, end to temporary workers, the whole enchilada.
There's much more to it than what's being reporting in the mainstream media. There are plants, particularly Stellantis, in which temporary autoworkers are working 7 day weeks. UAW's Communication department has done a terrible job of educating the public.

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He said all options remain on the table but if there is no resolution that the strike will begin at midnight at three locations which include the
He said all options remain on the table but if there is no resolution that the strike will begin at midnight at three locations which include the Ford Michigan assembly plant.
Ranger and Bronco
At Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, employees work 10-hour shifts four days a week. The so-called A crew gets days, while the B crew gets afternoons. But the C crew shift rotates its start time every week. On Fridays and Saturdays, workers start at 6:00 a.m. On Mondays and Tuesdays, they start at 4:30 p.m.
The new work pattern encourages companies to add jobs, according to the United Auto Workers. Factories can run six days a week instead of five, so they produce more cars.

My local plant has been on four 10hr shifts for several years. there is no overtime premium untill 40hrs have been worked. overtime is usually Fridays. on the whole workers like the schedule.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn’t the Mexican plant have a different union?

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No one in a non-union corporate world job would expect these kinds of pay raises and reduced work weeks with full pay. Its no wonder cars and trucks cost what they do these days. You can thank the unions. I grew up in a family where the Teamsters called the shots. And strikes resulted in lost wages that were never regained with a new contract. I've got a build scheduled for Oct 16th but who knows when I might see that thanks to the brotherhood of the UAW and Teamsters.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would expect disruption of the 2024 F series launch would be close to the top of the list.

Sponsored

greenlight

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order: SHADOW BLACK HYBRID XLT LUX 360 MOON ROOF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sounds like they are striking the Ford Bronco plant. So if I am reading the news right, that means from that plant, the teamsters won't deliver vehicles... or transport parts. So that shouldn't effect my maverick that is on a train currently. Crossing fingers.

inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I work a skilled labor job and received a contract w/ 40% raise just two weeks ago, thru 2027. The thing is, if adjust for inflation, it basically keeps up with it, because that was based on 2018-2019 wages.

The wage increases they are asking for aren't totally out of line. What is, however, is the additional ask of pensions, retiree medical, and 32 hour work week with what looks like an additional hard eight hour mandatory OT.

The UAW demands are unreasonable and corporate will break the strike especially if this drags on too long. Their technique of CHAOS striking (striking random plants) to create shocks throughout the system is a good one, however. It requires less $ out of the union coffers and instead creaks havoc around the system.

Now, GM, Ford etc could just shut down everything at that point, sending everyone home. Thus bringing the fight directly to everyone involved.

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm still cautiously optimistic regarding production and delivery of our Mavericks. It looks like the strike is not across the board, at least for the time being. Select plants will be picketed initially. It also invites further negotiation, without paralyzing the entire United States auto industry right off the bat. Such a move would only bring about more bad blood in an already devastated US economy.

Hopefully they work it out so before we, the lowly Maverick customers, take the hit.

YuccaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Impala, 73 Javelin
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is currently on the production line. It really depends on if the Hermosillo plant is effected by the strikes (my guess is no) and if the teamsters refuse vehicles at non-striking plants or otherwise refuse to move them from yards (seems not according to press). There's no strike line to cross in this case.

That said, I commend the teamsters for standing alongside their UAW brethren.
Sponsored