First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know if this is possible on a Lariat/Lux? Owner's Manual shows a Cruise button (p. 213) that doesn't exist on my vehicle, and also (p. 221) states to Select Settings, then Select Driver Assistance, then Select Cruise Control, then Select Normal. I have NO option of Driver Assistance on my screen. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's there. I had to turn it off when we got a sleety/freezing snow morning after I took delivery which made the radar grumpy and locks out cruise control until you switch over to normal.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know if this is possible on a Lariat/Lux? Owner's Manual shows a Cruise button (p. 213) that doesn't exist on my vehicle, and also (p. 221) states to Select Settings, then Select Driver Assistance, then Select Cruise Control, then Select Normal. I have NO option of Driver Assistance on my screen. Any suggestions?
On the right side steering wheel controls push menu, settings, driver assistance, cruise control. You can select normal or adaptive.

The actual picture of the Cruise Control button on a lariat lux is on page 218. Looks the same but has a car above it.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Could someone clarify for me. If you didnt get the adaptive cruise control or the copilot360, does that mean that there is no cruise control at all on the vehicle? Thats what it sounds like, which I find pretty wild considering my carbureted 84 E150 XLT van had a cruise control that actually used levers rods diaphrams and electricity. Yet its not standard simple on a drive by wire setup?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could someone clarify for me. If you didnt get the adaptive cruise control or the copilot360, does that mean that there is no cruise control at all on the vehicle? Thats what it sounds like, which I find pretty wild considering my carbureted 84 E150 XLT van had a cruise control that actually used levers rods diaphrams and electricity. Yet its not standard simple on a drive by wire setup?
XLT and Lariat have standard cruise control standard - set a speed and it'll maintain that for you.

Lariat with Luxury Package gets adaptive cruise control.

XL has absolutely no cruise control available from the factory (some on here have modded that in, DIY at your own risk working around the airbag).

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

XLT and Lariat have standard cruise control standard - set a speed and it'll maintain that for you.
Lariat with Luxury Package gets adaptive cruise control.

XL has absolutely no cruise control available from the factory (some on here have modded that in, DIY at your own risk working around the airbag).
Well glad I got XLT then. Thank you. XLT really is the sweet spot. Still cheap yet it comes with orange bits and lots of other cool stuff.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you get sorted? I can take a video for you later if you need.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I pile 30K a year on highways. Glad to know I can adjust the cruise for the drives out in rural areas so I don't get lulled in to going 71 behind a slow driver.

That said, in city traffic adaptive cruise control is flipping AMAZING. I drove 30 miles from downtown Dallas home last night. Set the cruise at 70 when I got on the freeway and never once touched the gas or brake again throughout traffic jams, standstills, etc until I got off the highway 24 miles later. What a dream of a ride. Made life simple.

Used selectively, adaptive cruise control is fantastic! Thanks for sharing this information!

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
being able to switch is a low key awesome feature. my last car(17' Outback Limited with eyesight) only had adaptive and if the system was down due to visibility you had no cruise at all. given i get that if the system is not working you probably shouldnt be in cruise but i use it all the time even on slow 30-45mph roads. and eyesight did have some quirks. none the less the ability to switch is great.

OP
OP
Zotman

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the help advice, all: finally realized couldn't access the Driver Assistance Mode whilst in ACC, had to start the vehicle…or something like that. Anyway all is well, thanks!
Sponsored