Sponsored

Suggestions on aftermarket rollup bed cover?

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm leaning more towards the truxport as you gain an inch above the bed. Also it seems the low profile ones stick out into the bed a few inches on each side when mounted to the rails where as the truxport will sit on top of the rails.
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The TruxPort is the entry level model. It sits up an extra inch higher than the Lo Pro. It can let in more moisture around the edges, but gives an inch higher in bed room when closed. The Lo Pro sits lower and more flush with the rails, while the TruxPort mounts above the rails. The Lo Pro cover can also be completely removed with the rails still in place for that extra few inches by the cab where it would roll up. The TruxPort mounts differently and the cover can not be removed without removing the rails as well. The X15 is similar to the Lo Pro but is even more low profile at only about a 1/2" above the rails compared to 1" for the Lo Pro. The X15 is also made of a black woven polyester fabric which is more matte, while the Lo Pro and TruxPort are made of thick leather grain vinyl material and appear more glossy.

Also the Lo Pro and X15 are compatible with the Elevate TS Rails which can give you T-Slot functionality to mount bed racks and accessories while still maintaining your tonneau cover. The TruxPort is not compatible with these rails.
Bingo! I was looking for a bed rack system that was compatible with a tonneau and the elevate TA rails look like they would work perfectly. Do you know of any other rail systems that allow a tonneau?

Amazon carries the Elevate TS but does not list the correct size for a maverick, at least not yet. I expect that will change in the near future.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have an example of a rail system being used with a Truxedo or similar rollup? I’m clueless about the different ways rail systems can be mounted.

Oceanminded

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Does anyone have an example of a rail system being used with a Truxedo or similar rollup? I’m clueless about the different ways rail systems can be mounted.

Yes also interested in what this looks like with the Yakima OverHaul HD Tonneau Set (Towers Only) HD with Tonneau Kit Bundle as I'm looking for a soft tonneau cover set-up that will work with racks for paddle boards.

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
Bingo! I was looking for a bed rack system that was compatible with a tonneau and the elevate TA rails look like they would work perfectly. Do you know of any other rail systems that allow a tonneau?

Amazon carries the Elevate TS but does not list the correct size for a maverick, at least not yet. I expect that will change in the near future.
I am not sold on the elevate TS rails yet. Seems there were some early mounting issues with heavier items. I wouldn't be expecting much more than 250bs Max with them.

Other options include Retrax which are a hard canister roll-up that loses a lot of space in the bed to mount and is expensive. Pace Edwards has a similar system also expensive. American Rack System also has a T-Track compatible system but no word in Maverick support yet.

Then for racks there more options. I think I like the Yakima system but also interested in maybe the Leitner ACS system. Both are similarly priced when all spec'd out. We are taking $3500 total though with cover and rack on the high side. That's why the Truxedo TS elevate rails are appealing to me paired with their X15 cover and then Yakima add-ons.

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called BakFlip and they said that Bak Industries is telling them 3 to 4 weeks. But again I take that with a grain of salt, but I hope it's accurate because I am expecting my truck within that time frame.
Mine has been 2 months. Nothing yet
Sponsored