Sponsored

Suggestions on aftermarket rollup bed cover?

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Truxedo Pro X15. Very low profile. Black matte material, very sharp in person.
do you think the low profile of the x15 will get in the way of the bed rails? Also does it reduce useable height in the bed by a couple inches?
Sponsored

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
do you think the low profile of the x15 will get in the way of the bed rails? Also does it reduce useable height in the bed by a couple inches?
It appears to install in between the rails not on/over the rails. As for extending into bed I would say about 1 inch. Here is a installation video.

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Thanks. I like the matte and low profile look. Now the question is when will it start shipping. Some vendor show shipping estimated start by October 8th, but then it still says unavailable when you try to order.

Reactions: wjg

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Answered the question. Called tonneau covers world. Truxedo covers estimated 6-8 weeks before in stock. Could be sooner but hard to say at this point.

Reactions: wjg

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Answered the question. Called tonneau covers world. Truxedo covers estimated 6-8 weeks before in stock. Could be sooner but hard to say at this point.
I have a feeling it's the same with the Bak Revolver as well. Each day on the BackFlip web site keeps moving back another week and another week. Once site shows end of Nov. Which may be actually pretty accurate.

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Thanks, I also ordered the x4s and have been wondering when it will ship. I didn't think it would take to long, the rails should be the same as the hard roll up they sell to ford.
I am also looking at the x4s. Real truck site shows it arrives October 21-26th. But when I asked them they said they have no idea when they will have it in stock

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am also looking at the x4s. Real truck site shows it arrives October 21-26th. But when I asked them they said they have no idea when they will have it in stock
I called BakFlip and they said that Bak Industries is telling them 3 to 4 weeks. But again I take that with a grain of salt, but I hope it's accurate because I am expecting my truck within that time frame.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
Can anyone give some extra comparison information about how these three options differ? Is the X15 or low pro worth the extra $200 cost over the truxport, and how does the X15 and low pro differ?

https://realtruck.com/c/exterior-ac...rs/roll-up/soft-roll-up/v/ford/maverick/2022/

A40CCD52-7813-4722-B971-A79CE15AF477.jpeg
The TruxPort is the entry level model. It sits up an extra inch higher than the Lo Pro. It can let in more moisture around the edges, but gives an inch higher in bed room when closed. The Lo Pro sits lower and more flush with the rails, while the TruxPort mounts above the rails. The Lo Pro cover can also be completely removed with the rails still in place for that extra few inches by the cab where it would roll up. The TruxPort mounts differently and the cover can not be removed without removing the rails as well. The X15 is similar to the Lo Pro but is even more low profile at only about a 1/2" above the rails compared to 1" for the Lo Pro. The X15 is also made of a black woven polyester fabric which is more matte, while the Lo Pro and TruxPort are made of thick leather grain vinyl material and appear more glossy.

Also the Lo Pro and X15 are compatible with the Elevate TS Rails which can give you T-Slot functionality to mount bed racks and accessories while still maintaining your tonneau cover. The TruxPort is not compatible with these rails.

Sponsored

DonkeyJohn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver w/ 2.0 EB, splash guards
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have Truxport on order for my Iconic Silver XL, 2.0 EB, along w/ Ford splash guards, window air deflectors, smokers kit. Tonneau to ship 10/20-22, truck is at dealer lot, awaiting arrival of Ford
accessories; dealer will install tonneau and the rest, anticipate taking possession by 11/10-like a kid
waiting for Christmas! DJ ( Also ordered Deluxe All-Weather Floor w/ carpet pads)

Last edited:

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The TruxPort is the entry level model. It sits up an extra inch higher than the Lo Pro. It can let in more moisture around the edges, but gives an inch higher in bed room when closed. The Lo Pro sits lower and more flush with the rails, while the TruxPort mounts above the rails. The Lo Pro cover can also be completely removed with the rails still in place for that extra few inches by the cab where it would roll up. The TruxPort mounts differently and the cover can not be removed without removing the rails as well. The X15 is similar to the Lo Pro but is even more low profile at only about a 1/2" above the rails compared to 1" for the Lo Pro. The X15 is also made of a black woven polyester fabric which is more matte, while the Lo Pro and TruxPort are made of thick leather grain vinyl material and appear more glossy.

Also the Lo Pro and X15 are compatible with the Elevate TS Rails which can give you T-Slot functionality to mount bed racks and accessories while still maintaining your tonneau cover. The TruxPort is not compatible with these rails.
Thanks so much that’s exactly what I needed to know. Sounds like X15 is the one for me. Now I just need to do one more bit of due diligence and make sure I wouldn’t prefer a soft folding cover instead of the rollup.

What kind of cover do you prefer?

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
Thanks so much that’s exactly what I needed to know. Sounds like X15 is the one for me. Now I just need to do one more bit of due diligence and make sure I wouldn’t prefer a soft folding cover instead of the rollup.

What kind of cover do you prefer?
I like the roll-up. They take up less space at the bed and block less rear window. Bonus for the ones that can be completely removed without taking off rails for those few extra inches for large items in the bed. Security wise all tonneaus are succeptible to theft, even the solid aluminum slat rollups or cannisters. They are for weather resistance and preventing crimes of opportunity for items in open beds.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm new to the whole tonneau thing. How much security can they provide? Is there one style or other that's more secure?

I like the roll-up. They take up less space at the bed and block less rear window. Bonus for the ones that can be completely removed without taking off rails for those few extra inches for large items in the bed. Security wise all tonneaus are succeptible to theft, even the solid aluminum slat rollups or cannisters. They are for weather resistance and preventing crimes of opportunity for items in open beds.
Sponsored