Sponsored

Suggestions For Front Plate Mount Bracket?

machete1323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat First Edition
Engine
Undecided
Any suggestions on a company that has the correct plate bracket to mount on the bottom grill? I don’t want any holes drilled into the bumper. Please drop link(s) if you have found or ordered one already. Thanks!

Ford Maverick Suggestions For Front Plate Mount Bracket? 2316A4AA-A5F7-4BB8-B3CA-6F9FE430EFE9
Sponsored

JazzyJockJeffcoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Following. I am dreading that my Hybrid XLT will get drills in the bumper.

Tow hooks offer plate mounting options for Ecoboost owners, but hybrid owners are out of luck so far.

I emailed these guys at Sly Bracket (https://www.slybrackets.com/store) and they needed grill measurements that I don't have....

At this rate when my Hybrid ships I'll beg the dealer not to drill and then order as many options as I can find and hope one works 😅

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JazzyJockJeffcoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Luckily Ohio no longer requires a front plate 😁
My state had a bill to get rid of front plates and the legislature just let it die :/ we're stuck

Sponsored

rutroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge durango

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer will have to drill it anyway sigh…can’t be sold here without it.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Putting the front plate in the window makes it legal. Zip tying it to the front makes it legal to leave the lot. There is nothing in the law that states a plate bracket must be drilled into the bumper. Hell double sides 3m tape will work to get it off the lot.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Putting the front plate in the window makes it legal. Zip tying it to the front makes it legal to leave the lot. There is nothing in the law that states a plate bracket must be drilled into the bumper. Hell double sides 3m tape will work to get it off the lot.

Even in California? I mean I understand that it can be in the Window and be good - I guess I will call the dealer and ask that it not be mounted.

Sponsored

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Following. I am dreading that my Hybrid XLT will get drills in the bumper.

Tow hooks offer plate mounting options for Ecoboost owners, but hybrid owners are out of luck so far.

I emailed these guys at Sly Bracket (https://www.slybrackets.com/store) and they needed grill measurements that I don't have....

At this rate when my Hybrid ships I'll beg the dealer not to drill and then order as many options as I can find and hope one works 😅
I like the simple approach with minimal hardware that Sly Brackets use over the other suggestions in this post. It would be great if we can get confirmation that their bracket will work on the Maverick before the OKTB date. We can keep our dealers from drilling holes.

bringjustn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cruze, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like you can work with them on this and if a bracket comes out in time, take one to them, or if one isn't out yet, take them some automotive trim tape and have them stick it on with that and you remove to remount with the bracket you want. Don't see why they wouldn't do that for you, the tape is quicker that drilling mounts.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Any suggestions on a company that has the correct plate bracket to mount on the bottom grill? I don’t want any holes drilled into the bumper. Please drop link(s) if you have found or ordered one already. Thanks!

2316A4AA-A5F7-4BB8-B3CA-6F9FE430EFE9.jpeg
Here is the one I ordered:

https://www.cravenspeed.com/platypus-grill-mount/

It looks like there are several places it could connect. It will be here in a few days and I will post an update then.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can try asking the dealership to not install the front plate mount and tell them you have an alternate solution you prefer to use.
Sponsored