jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well that just sucks, divorce is easy compared to making stuff work… I guess the easiest way is the fad today. I have 26 years under my belt, mostly not easy but still pushing through… again not being a ahole you should really consider a different route…
Agreed. Some things are inevitable. No point in “poking the bear” with a new truck in the midst of all this. Rather deal with if after the screaming is over.
Sponsored

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Agreed. Some things are inevitable. No point in “poking the bear” with a new truck in the midst of all this. Rather deal with if after the screaming is over.
I hope you well!!

JOEDDY58

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge SEL / 24 XL AWD on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did Ford actually tell dealers how many 24 allocations they have? So that if I order tomorrow they could tell me if I should receive something for MY24?

Any quick recommendations in the Baltimore/Harrisburg area? I don’t think my current dealer will reorder if I turn this one down. Thanks.
I ordered from Preston Ford in Preston Md. They are one of several in the area. youcan call them describe what you want, send and sign order request via emails including your license info and have your vehicle in the system on order within hours. I ordered thirteen days ago (this is my 3rd vehicle ordered through them) and received my order confirmation email from FORD the same day. ZERO cost and ZERO fees. i suspect the MY 24 builds Will be improved over previous.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
eh, if you're splitting up and you got your financing approval based on your two incomes, you might not qualify on just your portion. Just follow thru and buy it and move on - on both fronts. Good luck.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It doesn't sound like you're in a life position where you should even be considering buying a brand new vehicle. Don't enslave yourself for the rest of your life, trying to pay for things you've convinced yourself are needs - when they are usually nothing more than wants.

Sponsored

2lbgill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLTHybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are order banks for 2024 closed? My 2023 just came in, but my financial circumstances changed. I want the truck, but getting it 6 months from now would be nice. Trying to decide if I should try and stretch things and take delivery or start over with a ‘24. Thanks.
I'd get the 2024, your dealer should be able to get one as I think the banks are still open. Why push something when you don't have to.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did Ford actually tell dealers how many 24 allocations they have? So that if I order tomorrow they could tell me if I should receive something for MY24?

Any quick recommendations in the Baltimore/Harrisburg area? I don’t think my current dealer will reorder if I turn this one down. Thanks.
Bob Ruth Ford
Beshore and Koller Ford

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Could you lease for lower payment, then buy it if it makes sense ?

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

if your divorce isn't finalized yet, do not buy a new vehicle or any other costly assets. in most states the ex would have title to half of it.

if it is finalized and finances are iffy, I would pass on it unless you really, really need a new vehicle.

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thread is sad, marriage law for today's standards are very broken. Should almost be mandatory that a prenup, and guide for finance during marriage, is mandatory to obtain a marriage license. Or just make marriage benefits available under certain "life partner" circumstances and trash the old school marriage law.

Yeah I know it's oversimplified, but doesn't mean the old stuff is OK as is.

Good luck, hope that things settle as quickly as possible. I'd take some of the others caution to put off the purchase to heart. May be a less headache in the long run.

Last edited:

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order banks are still generally open as stated above. Remember the my24 is more expensive, has fewer features, and some different colors. The sooner you decide a need to order, the better your chances of getting it.
That’s right My 24 is considerably more expensive than your order. The already got provided you get your private offer price protection.

RZ2O16

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot EX & 2020 Subaru Outback Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Are order banks for 2024 closed? My 2023 just came in, but my financial circumstances changed. I want the truck, but getting it 6 months from now would be nice. Trying to decide if I should try and stretch things and take delivery or start over with a ‘24. Thanks.
They aren't. They were already open for about 3-6 months.

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They aren't. They were already open for about 3-6 months.
They opened on July 17th, not quite 2 months yet. I'm sure some dealerships were allowing people to queue up beforehand though.
Sponsored