Sponsored

Standard XLT Radio - is it Sirius/XM ready?

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I want to use Android Auto for maps anyways.

That's an interesting idea, though. I use linux as my daily driver, so I'm familiar with Pi's I've actually got a couple laying around. Do you stream with the Pi? I think the easiest solution is to figure out how to strip the DRM from my Audible books and load em on a usb stick. Hmmmmm...this has me thinking...
Well, Since someone else brought it up, I can safely state there are a number of Audible enabled packages that might just happen to store data in open formats rather than DRM enabled ones allowing for, ahem, alternative sources rather than simply audible.

Also GPS, voice control, and odb2 functionality has already been prerolled on Pi via Linux for a while.

I am actually a BSD/*nix guy back in the day as I remember the pre-1.0 Linux kernel days.

I still dabble. Working on an artificial endocrine system using picofluidics atm. (Think insulin pump, generic, multiple distribution curves and mems pumps with primary and secondary feedback and user control) but that’s because it was my research field for a while and I have autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type 2

It won’t be completed, but maybe someone will find it interesting enough to continue after me.
Sponsored

eddierobbins

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hyundai Accent
You can stream XM to your audio system via your phone (Sirius XM ap) or via one of SXM's aftermarket tuners which are now available in bluetooth.
You can IF you’re in good cell coverage areas. That is the beauty of satellite radio. I guess I’ll adjust. It’s the only downside of the XLT for me.

Bayview boy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan, Envoy, Focus
Thanks for looking in to this! with all the reading I've done on this truck how ford has dropped options to hit the price point I was thinking Sirius was one of them.
Does anyone know if the XLT hybrid radio has a place for an AUX cable. Thanks

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if the XLT hybrid radio has a place for an AUX cable. Thanks
I've looked around on my XL and have not found an aux. input save the USB ports.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
oh good to know i just got mine today i was curious about this i got pamphlet still. i dont need it since bluetooth works fine.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can stream XM to your audio system via your phone (Sirius XM ap) or via one of SXM's aftermarket tuners which are now available in bluetooth.
I’ll confirm that we have been able to stream Sirius XM from my cell phone thru our standard Mav XLT audio system. The cost? About $5 per month to Sirius XM. The sound quality is ok, but I’m no audiophile.

Wife and I just set up the Sirius XM app on my cell phone today so I can’t report on the connection and sound quality over time. Anyone else done this?

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’ll confirm that we have been able to stream Sirius XM from my cell phone thru our standard Mav XLT audio system. The cost? About $5 per month to Sirius XM. The sound quality is ok, but I’m no audiophile.

Wife and I just set up the Sirius XM app on my cell phone today so I can’t report on the connection and sound quality over time. Anyone else done this?
There's a significant sound quality improvement from my phone compared to the true satellite signal in my Lariat Lux with SiriusXM from the factory.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a significant sound quality improvement from my phone compared to the true satellite signal in my Lariat Lux with SiriusXM from the factory.
So if I understand, the true XM satellite signal to the factory-installed Sirius XM software/hardware on your Lariat results in much better sound quality than the XM cell app on phone played thru the standard XLT audio system.

Well, at least I have Sirius XM thru my XLT Mav sound system. I’ll try to report back on what I think of it after a couple weeks.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So if I understand, the true XM satellite signal to the factory-installed Sirius XM software/hardware on your Lariat results in much better sound quality than the XM cell app on phone played thru the standard XLT audio system.

Well, at least I have Sirius XM thru my XLT Mav sound system. I’ll try to report back on what I think of it after a couple weeks.
The opposite, actually. The satellite sound quality is worse than the phone.

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to use Android Auto for maps anyways.

That's an interesting idea, though. I use linux as my daily driver, so I'm familiar with Pi's I've actually got a couple laying around. Do you stream with the Pi? I think the easiest solution is to figure out how to strip the DRM from my Audible books and load em on a usb stick. Hmmmmm...this has me thinking...
Will the radio pick up the USB in pure audio. I have had a couple vehicles where I could take music from DVD videos and copy the music only to a USB and it would read it just fine, while others were set up for a phone only basically.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've read your review but can't find your xm commander install, please share.
No problem...the install starts here: #97. Thanks for asking.
Sponsored