Sponsored

Mav XLT aftermarket SIRIUS XM radio adapter

whoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
escape
Does the MAV XLT standard radio have AUX or BLUETOOTH ............... Amazon has a SIRIUS adapter kit that requires these outlets.........thx
Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does the MAV XLT standard radio have AUX or BLUETOOTH ............... Amazon has a SIRIUS adapter kit that requires these outlets.........thx
I have SXM in my RAV4 but I use Appleplay in my other cars. Sirius works great with appleplay… 1 fee and it’s always with me.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AFAIK,

Bluetooth - YES
Aux - NO

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AFAIK,

Bluetooth - YES
Aux - NO
Bluetooth yes, aux—not that anyone has found yet. A feature of the 8" Radio in the Maverick is that if you pair sound in it removes the pair with the phone and the steering wheel controls. I got around this by installing the SiriusXM Commander Touch system with a dedicated (and included) FM direct adapter. It works great and leaves the bluetooth for my flip phone connection and my wife's iPhone still can use the USB input for CarPlay.

Here is a link to another forum with my Commander Touch Install:

troynm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat hybrid, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm using the FM adapter too. It works well but if you live in a large city it may be difficult to find an empty frequency to use. It's a little more effort to install. Bluetooth works but with my unit I had to buy the Bluetooth dock to use Bluetooth. It is $25. For now I like the FM adapter best and that is what I'm using but I am using the Bluetooth capable dock as well so I can switch to Bluetooth if I go to a big city like Denver or Phoenix.

UPDATE - Drove to Denver and even with the plethora of FM stations there the FM adapter worked fine with no interference listening to Sirius/XM.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Preston Moon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm using the FM adapter too. It works well but if you live in a large city it may be difficult to find an empty frequency to use. It's a little more effort to install. Bluetooth works but with my unit I had to buy the Bluetooth dock to use Bluetooth. It is $25. For now I like the FM adapter best and that is what I'm using but I am using the Bluetooth capable dock as well so I can switch to Bluetooth if I go to a big city like Denver or Phoenix.

UPDATE - Drove to Denver and even with the plethora of FM stations there the FM adapter worked fine with no interference listening to Sirius/XM.

To connect the FM Adapter kit, Where is the antenna connection on the Maverick? Is it behind the air vents? If so, can I just take the air vent cover off to reach it or take all the covers off from the radio down? Thanks

REMUB40

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV 2013 Chevy Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just use the app with Bluetooth. There are more options with he app like creating Pandora stations that are commercial free. I also listen to the old time radio shows like Gunsmoke and the app let's you go back several hours to pick shows. There are also many podcasts available.
Sponsored