Sponsored

Standard XLT Radio - is it Sirius/XM ready?

RWR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a XLT with the Lux Package. so it only comes with the Sync 3 Radio, is the standard radio a Sirius/XM ready?
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah...I think I read somewhere that Sync3 is only lariat. The system in XL and XLT is called something like "connected touch."

OP
OP

RWR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah...I think I read somewhere that Sync3 is only lariat. The system in XL and XLT is called something like "connected touch."
Yes, I think you are correct. "Connect Touch". so is Connect Touch Sirius/XM. I am thinking not, but can not find anything definitive.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, the manual makes me more doubtful. Sirius is only mentioned on the "Sync 3" pages. The only things covered in the "without Sync 3" pages is basic radio (no HD :cry:) bluetooth streaming, playing media via USB, and Android Auto/Apple Auto. That would lead me to believe that Sirius is only available with Sync 3.

Reactions: RWR
OP
OP

RWR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, the manual makes me more doubtful. Sirius is only mentioned on the "Sync 3" pages. The only things covered in the "without Sync 3" pages is basic radio (no HD :cry:) bluetooth streaming, playing media via USB, and Android Auto/Apple Auto. That would lead me to believe that Sirius is only available with Sync 3.
Thanks for looking in to this! with all the reading I've done on this truck how ford has dropped options to hit the price point I was thinking Sirius was one of them.

OP
OP

RWR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can stream XM to your audio system via your phone (Sirius XM ap) or via one of SXM's aftermarket tuners which are now available in bluetooth.
Thanks, that's what i will have to do. just gota get me Daughter to show me how.....lol.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's the manual I searched: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...erick-owners-manual-download-pdf-inside.1129/

Truthfully, Sirius wasn't on my radar at all. The one thing I wanted was Android, so I'm pleased they offer that. No HD radio is a bummer, but most of my audio is podcasts and audio books which should work well with Android Auto. I bet if you can figure out how to get the Sirius app working on your phone, when you get your truck you will be able to just plug it in and have it work.

I hope this helps!

Sponsored
OP
OP

RWR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's the manual I searched: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/📘-2022-ford-maverick-owners-manual-download-pdf-inside.1129/

Truthfully, Sirius wasn't on my radar at all. The one thing I wanted was Android, so I'm pleased they offer that. No HD radio is a bummer, but most of my audio is podcasts and audio books which should work well with Android Auto. I bet if you can figure out how to get the Sirius app working on your phone, when you get your truck you will be able to just plug it in and have it work.

I hope this helps!
Yes, very much so. Thanks.!!

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Didj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, remember you can get an app for your phone… Either Apple or android and connect to Sirius/XM.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Here's the manual I searched: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...erick-owners-manual-download-pdf-inside.1129/

I hope this helps!
If you are serious about audiobooks and such, consider grabbing a Raspberry Pi and using one of the audible options available. Not only is the Pi far more rugged than your phone, it is cheaper and more heat tolerant.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are serious about audiobooks and such, consider grabbing a Raspberry Pi and using one of the audible options available. Not only is the Pi far more rugged than your phone, it is cheaper and more heat tolerant.
I want to use Android Auto for maps anyways.

That's an interesting idea, though. I use linux as my daily driver, so I'm familiar with Pi's I've actually got a couple laying around. Do you stream with the Pi? I think the easiest solution is to figure out how to strip the DRM from my Audible books and load em on a usb stick. Hmmmmm...this has me thinking...
Sponsored