First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there anyone besides me who thinks these drive mode icons on the large dash look stupid or video game-ish? Just flash a simple message letting me know what mode I'm in. I don't need all the theatrics.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well that’s your opinion, mine is different. Trying to make Ford out to be oh so bad isn’t going to net you one single thing. It is what it is and you cannot go back and change it. I was never confused about it and apparently there are many of us that were never confused, while there are some such as yourself read that to mean something I did not. So YES it is all in how you read it.
You continue to put the blame on me for giving you a logical explanation as to why I didn't add the spare...because according to Ford's ordering guide AND configurator at the time I ordered, I should be getting one.

There is no confusion. But you are right...it's too late now.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there anyone besides me who thinks these drive mode icons on the large dash look stupid or video game-ish? Just flash a simple message letting me know what mode I'm in. I don't need all the theatrics.

Actually I kind of like them. I think they look nice. :)

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There's no point in arguing with this guy lol he just makes claims and cries about a **$120 option while providing no evidence or rationale.. just "luxury package says tire so I want tire!"

The original order guide said that Lux package came with full size spare for both drivetrain configurations.. I don't ever remember seeing that as an option on the Build website, but maybe it was. Either way, I ordered my Ecoboost XLT with Lux package AND full size spare on 6/30.... before the updated order guide came out.
The evidence is in the order guide and the website, both of which were changed without a peep from the dealer and Ford.

It's not $115...because it'll now be more out of my pocket because I and others were misled.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in the NW and I'm in the mountains all the time so happy to see Slippery was included with the FX4. The whole eco/sport thing getting dropped went back and forth but there wasn't info on if slippery would be included for sure so I'm glad to see it there.

Without slippery it would have been stupid as none of the other mode definitions met the needs for snow/ice.

I got the tow package so I feel like the gearing might make it a bit more sporty anyway.

Sponsored

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know whether it will stay in the mode you select or if you have to select it every time you start up the engine?

The second is what I have to do in my Mustang and it's annoying because sometimes due to fat finger syndrome I select track mode instead of sport mode and...well, do you guys have any idea how expensive 20 inch Sport Cup 2 tires are?

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife's 2015 Civic has the Eco mode and we leave it on all the time; why would anyone not want to be in Eco mode for daily driving?
Because we are not driving our wife's civic.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Perfect response. Didn’t buy a Civic, bought a Maverick truck and it will be used as a truck.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing eco about an FX4
My wife hates it when I put her Accord in sport mode and the whole dash glows red.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Somehow a thread about drive modes is now about spare tires :) lol

I was watching videos with Bronco Sport and Broncos and changing these modes on-the-fly while driving, just wondering if you'll notice any changes physically when you change modes at speed. I've never had "modes" like this in a truck. Also wondering if any of them will effect cornering, turning radius, or anything (obviously not like a truck with locking but just wondering if it would be anything noticeable).

Also - some of the modes aren't meant for dry pavement like the mud/ruts or sand, I'm wondering if there are any warnings to keep you from messing up and staying in the wrong mode? Does that big graphic stay on the screen the entire time?

I'm just thinking you're in one mode and you go to switch to a different mode but hit the button twice and don't notice etc. Just don't want to be in sand mode while on a 5 hour 80 mph freeway trip :)

Sponsored

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“Normal” mode is an actual option now days. You know, after Covid 2020 and all….
Well if it’s a result of Covid and all, I guess we should be calling it the “NEW Normal “ mode 😏

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to the manual, Sand and Mud/Rut sounds exactly the same.

Ford Maverick Standard vs FX4 Drive Modes: Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud & Ruts, Sand, Eco and Sport Capture.PNG

Anyone know specific differences? If they are the same, I'm going to remove one via ForScan. I don't need tow/haul and I added Eco/Sport mode to test them, so I'll be removing those as well. Well, maybe not sport mode :cool:

*Edit, I removed Sand/Eco/Tow
If I had a 4k I'd keep tow or add it later one, but I don't need it. This will make winter driving that much simpler. One press from normal to slippery, then sport then mud which is all I need. Mud will help the same as Sand will in deeper snow.
Sponsored

Last edited: