clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t you still have to access the filter for replacement? Isn’t that potentially messy as well?
Sponsored

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like a nice product and made in America can be great if done well. Not sure what makes it any easier though.

If I get another car at some point I’d try it.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like a nice product and made in America can be great if done well. Not sure what makes it any easier though.

If I get another car at some point I’d try it.
Well now that you ask; The Stahlbus valve has the 1/4 - 1/2 turn quick disconnect type fitting attached to the drain hose.
The ValvoMax uses a threaded cap attached to the hose. that threads over the end of the plug to press the ball seal.. IMHO, If you are under the vehicle you may have to contort you arm to get the Stahlbus fitting into position, turned, & locked in. It seems it would be easier to spin the threaded cap no matter what position your body is in under the vehicle. (And it's cheaper)

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha I bit for the valvomax and the fathers day 20% off. The wife's Santa Fe needs a new drain plug anyways. $38 each, hopefully this makes my life easier

Sponsored

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well now that you ask; The Stahlbus valve has the 1/4 - 1/2 turn quick disconnect type fitting attached to the drain hose.
The ValvoMax uses a threaded cap attached to the hose. that threads over the end of the plug to press the ball seal.. IMHO, If you are under the vehicle you may have to contort you arm to get the Stahlbus fitting into position, turned, & locked in. It seems it would be easier to spin the threaded cap no matter what position your body is in under the vehicle. (And it's cheaper)
Thanks for explaining. I use the Stahlbus and haven't found it at all concerning or difficult. I say that not as an argument against (or for) one over the other.

I would have most likely purchased the ValvoMax had it been available or known at the time though. Just because I had to get the Stahlbus from eBay.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha I bit for the valvomax and the fathers day 20% off. The wife's Santa Fe needs a new drain plug anyways. $38 each, hopefully this makes my life easier
I’m not so sure about the optional drain bag… seems to me you would need a drain pan anyway for the oil dripping from the filter removal.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t you still have to access the filter for replacement? Isn’t that potentially messy as well?
I saw this on a YT short video. Tried it on my last oil change and what a difference. This cup trick and the fumuto valve makes for a lot less messier oil change. Will be doing it from now on.

Ford Maverick Stahlbus oil drain valve Screenshot_20230614_065908_Chrome

Stonyman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked tier web site. It is veteran owned and “assembled “ in USA. So not USA made!?!
Sponsored