First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have snow in Western Washington! Local coverage and a few days of skiing means the Maverick has been in snow for a few days straight.

It's been a solid, safe performer.

I have been using the Snow/Slippery drive mode. I have the Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires.

Having lived in Wyoming as a teenager, I learned to drive in snow and generally crappy conditions. I'm comfortable driving in snow whether the car I am is or not.

The Maverick is definitely comfortable in the snow. I was worried about lack of weight over the rear wheels but so far this has not been the issue I've had in other trucks (including my Ram 3500). The few times I forced the rear end to drift I was able to bring it back in line no problem.

The weather is supposed to stay cold, so road conditions will deteriorate and get icier, we'll see how the Maverick does but so far it is very encouraging.

PXL_20211226_215320598.jpg

PXL_20211226_215326855.jpg
Ha ha ha looks like us here in Maine;) my Wife’s Maverick XLT AWD came with the Continental TX (I think it says TX) so not sure how good they’ll be. But so far so good based on one 7 inch storm . Thanks for the info and Happy New Year too
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad you made it home safe. I-5 in these situations is no joke.
Especially Siskiyou Summit. One of the worst stretches of interstate in America in snowy/icy conditions.

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Live up in Maine and my Ecoboost XLT FX4 AWD came with faulken wildpeak tires and I haven't had any problem with the snow I even had snow plows bury my truck halfway up the doors I just hopped in put it in mud ruts mode and drove out like the wasn't even there
Trying to figure out how good the Continental Tires are on my Wife’s Maverick, I think it says TX on them, she drove to work in the storm we had the other day and she said it was fine, in slippery mode, but that 7 inch storm was just a teaser for what’s to come. And STILL I never want to move out of Maine, just visit with Mickey and Minnie every Dec and Feb:) Happy New Year:)

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Trying to figure out how good the Continental Tires are on my Wife’s Maverick, I think it says TX on them, she drove to work in the storm we had the other day and she said it was fine, in slippery mode, but that 7 inch storm was just a teaser for what’s to come. And STILL I never want to move out of Maine, just visit with Mickey and Minnie every Dec and Feb:) Happy New Year:)
Our FWD C-maxes have been getting us through the last several winters with just some aggressive all-season tires. If our Maverick doesn't get built until March-April at least I won't have to worry about 4 snows until next year.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Phranc68

Phranc68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ram 3500, Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have to say, the"Slippery" drive setting is really remarkable. It's impact on wheelspin during acceleration and sledding during breaking are truly a thing of beauty.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have to say, the"Slippery" drive setting is really remarkable. It's impact on wheelspin during acceleration and sledding during breaking are truly a thing of beauty.
I agree. I didn't use slippery mode the first couple days of the storm. But started using the Slippery Mode Monday evening. It's amazing. Can go straight up ice covered hills! Now, going down them is another story...

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our FWD C-maxes have been getting us through the last several winters with just some aggressive all-season tires. If our Maverick doesn't get built until March-April at least I won't have to worry about 4 snows until next year.
The wildpeaks have handled everything I through at them well enough I don't think I'm gonna do snow tires I'll just get another set if them or something as good

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
Anyone that knows the climate in Vancouver BC Can knows that this is an unusual sight. Both the Maverick and the snow are rare sightings in these parts.

Went for a short road trip out to Fort Langley for lunch and a bit of business. This little truck likes the snow.

Ford Maverick Snow days for the Maverick IMG_20211230_085026

Ford Maverick Snow days for the Maverick IMG_20211230_085524

Ford Maverick Snow days for the Maverick IMG_20211230_105305

Area51

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 XLT Lux
I live in E WA and my Mav has performed perfectly. FX4 AWD is an excellent system. Been getting great MPG also. Consistently higher than ratings.
Snowing and ice on the road. Bought this XLT/FX4/2.0T For NW weather. You have to have capability in this country. I am impressed. Slick mode WORKS FLAWLESSLY. Horse Heaven Hills, Energy North West Wind Farm. Looks bare because the wind is blowing the ground bare i to big snow drifts. Fun day today.

Ford Maverick Snow days for the Maverick 20211230_144318

Ford Maverick Snow days for the Maverick 20211230_144333

Ford Maverick Snow days for the Maverick 20211230_161758

Ford Maverick Snow days for the Maverick 20211230_161807

Ford Maverick Snow days for the Maverick 20211230_161817

Sponsored

Area51

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 XLT Lux
I live in E WA and my Mav has performed perfectly. FX4 AWD is an excellent system. Been getting great MPG also. Consistently higher than ratings.
Snowing and ice on the road. Bought this XLT/FX4/2.0T For NW weather. You have to have capability in this country. I am impressed. Slick mode WORKS FLAWLESSLY. Horse Heaven Hills, Energy North West Wind Farm. Looks bare because the wind is blowing the ground bare into big snow drifts. Fun day today

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone that knows the climate in Vancouver BC Can knows that this is an unusual sight. Both the Maverick and the snow are rare sightings in these parts.

Went for a short road trip out to Fort Langley for lunch and a bit of business. This little truck likes the snow.

IMG_20211230_085026.jpg

IMG_20211230_085524.jpg

IMG_20211230_105305.jpg
Looks the same a few miles south of the border too. When I go out toward Langley, I go to Mary Brown's chicken. Best fast food fried chicken. Emmmm...now I am getting hungry.

Enjoy your Maverick!!!

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm reading this thread with fascination. Living in eastern NC where it snows a couple of inches every couple of years (and maybe 8 inches here and there), slick roads are our nemesis. It's just more efficient to shut everything down for a day than to deal with it.

Give me torrential rain and hurricane force winds, and I'm prepared. The word 'snow' makes me check the batteries in the remote control for our fireplace.
Sponsored