First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ram 3500, Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have snow in Western Washington! Local coverage and a few days of skiing means the Maverick has been in snow for a few days straight.

It's been a solid, safe performer.

I have been using the Snow/Slippery drive mode. I have the Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires.

Having lived in Wyoming as a teenager, I learned to drive in snow and generally crappy conditions. I'm comfortable driving in snow whether the car I am is or not.

The Maverick is definitely comfortable in the snow. I was worried about lack of weight over the rear wheels but so far this has not been the issue I've had in other trucks (including my Ram 3500). The few times I forced the rear end to drift I was able to bring it back in line no problem.

The weather is supposed to stay cold, so road conditions will deteriorate and get icier, we'll see how the Maverick does but so far it is very encouraging.

Ford Maverick Snow days for the Maverick PXL_20211226_215320598

Ford Maverick Snow days for the Maverick PXL_20211226_215326855
Sponsored

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
How have the tires performed in terms of releasing the snow as it packs into the tread?

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m visiting family in Gig. Come get me! I need to go to the dispensary!

OP
OP
Phranc68

Phranc68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How have the tires performed in terms of releasing the snow as it packs into the tread?
I've read about that issue in reviews of the Pirellis. So far, it has not been a problem at all. I've put a few hundred snow miles on so far.

As conditions change this week I'll keep on eye it.

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Liveaboard

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
We have snow in Western Washington! Local coverage and a few days of skiing means the Maverick has been in snow for a few days straight.

I have been using the Snow/Slippery drive mode. I have the Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires.

Having lived in Wyoming as a teenager, I learned to drive in snow and generally crappy conditions. I'm comfortable driving in snow whether the car I am is or not.

The Maverick is definitely comfortable in the snow. I was worried about lack of weight over the rear wheels but so far this has not been the issue I've had in other trucks (including my Ram 3500). The few times I forced the rear end to drift I was able to bring it back in line no problem.

The weather is supposed to stay cold, so road conditions will deteriorate and get icier, we'll see how the Maverick does but so far it is very encouraging.

PXL_20211226_215320598.jpg

PXL_20211226_215326855.jpg
I'm in LaConner Washington. Lots of snow. I have the Continental tires and they have been preforming well. So far very impressed with my 2.0 awd. Oh and that remote start is heaven, just remember to turn the fan all the way up each time you put it to bed for the night.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

PXL_20211226_215320598.jpg

PXL_20211226_215326855.jpg
Thanks for the update. I have the same experience just north of you. Sweet little truck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Phranc68

Phranc68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
alto blue is the most dapper color. the fanciest maverick.
I originally ordered Carbonized Grey. The Alto Blue is growing one though.

Chrysler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Minnesota, few snow "storms" with the Maverick, I have 235/65/17 Cooper AT3 4S AT tires on and can say wayyyyy better then the Continental pro-CRAPtact... I mean Procontact. If you live with snow, or are apparently like every YouTuber with a Maverick taking it off roading; then do yourself a favor and buy different tires. I Have had those all seasons tires on 3 vehicles from factory and they suck unless it's 80 degrees and sunny, and your concern is mpg. Chevy Cruze, Jeep Cherokee 4wd, now the Maverick. I did go thru snow n ice with original tires, somewhat planted but slipping on turns was noticable. I have 400 miles on the Maverick (2.0 AWD), 150 now with new tires. With the All seasons I did notice the back end pop up a tiny bit on bumps, and in general rode nicer with 50 pounds in tailgate. With the bigger tires I have not felt it any need for weight in back, I can not confirm if the weight of the bigger AT tires have made the truck not as bouncy, or just placebo in my head; but the ATs make it a dream to drive and evened out the ride a little. I will not compare traction directly as one is a rock hard concrete tire build for MPG and one is a 3 snow peak rated all terrain tire.... you can figure out the difference. I only compare ride between the tires as the main post was talking about weight not being an issue for the Washington Maverick, but for me I did notice a better time driving with heavier tires. And again with original tires with #50 in back I did feel a smoother ride, ( can't comment on traction as it was dry roads at that time) Hope y'all have a safe time on the roads in your Mavericks with whatever tires you choose to call your own! Long story short, I did feel a difference with weight added.... Be that bigger tires or a sand bag.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Down in Portland we got just enough ice for me to test my tires.
The maverick awd in slippery mode does very well.
I appreciate the change in throttle response it gives.
I'm hoping for the kind of snow I see you getting up in WA soon.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Live up in Maine and my Ecoboost XLT FX4 AWD came with faulken wildpeak tires and I haven't had any problem with the snow I even had snow plows bury my truck halfway up the doors I just hopped in put it in mud ruts mode and drove out like the wasn't even there

AeroMech21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT (Carbonized Grey)
Just did 800 miles today from
California up to Portland through I5 with several hours of snowstorm and slushy/ice conditions. Handled the roads absolutely fine in normal mode/slippery mode while going up and down the passes 4-5,000ft.

Running the stock Pirelli scorpion tires, FX4
Sponsored

Attachments