Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ram 3500, Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just did 800 miles today from
California up to Portland through I5 with several hours of snowstorm and slushy/ice conditions. Handled the roads absolutely fine in normal mode/slippery mode while going up and down the passes 4-5,000ft.

Running the stock Pirelli scorpion tires, FX4
Glad you made it home safe. I-5 in these situations is no joke.
Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was up in Minnesota and North Dakota last month and my Maverick did pretty good in the snow with the Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires. Using Slippery drive mode had no problems.

MAVelous

First Name
Phin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XL
We have snow in Western Washington! Local coverage and a few days of skiing means the Maverick has been in snow for a few days straight.

It's been a solid, safe performer.

I have been using the Snow/Slippery drive mode. I have the Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires.

Having lived in Wyoming as a teenager, I learned to drive in snow and generally crappy conditions. I'm comfortable driving in snow whether the car I am is or not.

The Maverick is definitely comfortable in the snow. I was worried about lack of weight over the rear wheels but so far this has not been the issue I've had in other trucks (including my Ram 3500). The few times I forced the rear end to drift I was able to bring it back in line no problem.

The weather is supposed to stay cold, so road conditions will deteriorate and get icier, we'll see how the Maverick does but so far it is very encouraging.

PXL_20211226_215320598.jpg

PXL_20211226_215326855.jpg
Try drive mode NORMAL and keep traction control ON...... can you feel the difference?

Area51

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 XLT Lux
We have snow in Western Washington! Local coverage and a few days of skiing means the Maverick has been in snow for a few days straight.

I have been using the Snow/Slippery drive mode. I have the Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires.

Having lived in Wyoming as a teenager, I learned to drive in snow and generally crappy conditions. I'm comfortable driving in snow whether the car I am is or not.

The Maverick is definitely comfortable in the snow. I was worried about lack of weight over the rear wheels but so far this has not been the issue I've had in other trucks (including my Ram 3500). The few times I forced the rear end to drift I was able to bring it back in line no problem.

The weather is supposed to stay cold, so road conditions will deteriorate and get icier, we'll see how the Maverick does but so far it is very encouraging.

I live in E WA and my Mav has performed perfectly. FX4 AWD is an excellent system. Been getting great MPG also. Consistently higher than ratings.

Sponsored

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in LaConner Washington. Lots of snow. I have the Continental tires and they have been preforming well. So far very impressed with my 2.0 awd. Oh and that remote start is heaven, just remember to turn the fan all the way up each time you put it to bed for the night.
On my Cmax I have remote start settings for heater fan, defrosting, etc....does the Maverick have something similar?

Steven

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Down in Portland we got just enough ice for me to test my tires.
The maverick awd in slippery mode does very well.
I appreciate the change in throttle response it gives.
I'm hoping for the kind of snow I see you getting up in WA soon.
I've been going around the Portland area in my hybrid and haven't had issues driving yet.

OP
OP
Phranc68

Phranc68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ram 3500, Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On my Cmax I have remote start settings for heater fan, defrosting, etc....does the Maverick have something similar?
It comes on with most settings as you left them. I don't think you can control anything on than start/stop and lock/unlock with Ford Pass on the Maverick

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone with FWD Hybrid care to report in?
Got mine yesterday. We have some residual packed snow from a couple inches on sunday and are getting another couple inches today. I've driven about 30 miles today and last night and have had no issues. Seems much better traction than my corolla (maybe the higher proportion of weigh over the front tires), but too small sample to tell for sure. That said, I've never see much of a point for AWD for normal snow, so I don't suspect I'll have any issues with the Mav hybrid.

Sponsored

MO Maverick

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Grand Prix
Anybody in Washington/somewhere with snow that have a rig with the Michelins that come on the Non fx4 equipped, Lariat awd?

bcayo

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Anybody in Washington/somewhere with snow that have a rig with the Michelins that come on the Non fx4 equipped, Lariat awd?
We've had 1-2" of snow here in Michigan the past week and can confirm the Michelins are not great in the snow. The AWD makes it easy enough to go, but stopping and turning were less than desirable. Have X-Ice winter tires on order and the guys in the tire shop were a little surprised Ford had chosen the Primacy as the stock tire.

svtbradley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Mustang, Expedition, Wrangler
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We've had 1-2" of snow here in Michigan the past week and can confirm the Michelins are not great in the snow. The AWD makes it easy enough to go, but stopping and turning were less than desirable. Have X-Ice winter tires on order and the guys in the tire shop were a little surprised Ford had chosen the Primacy as the stock tire.
The Pirelli Scorpion ATRs aren't any better that all-season tires in the snow. I have some Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and Bridgestone Blizzaks That I want to test.

Ukeman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2003 Caravan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I took my Mav out and got 5o play in the Colorado snow. Solid, stable performer. The Slippery mode is great. ABS worked perfectly. Have the Pirellis too. I bet with a more agressive winter tires this thing will be a real snow animal!
Sponsored