Sirius XM options

Msab13

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Currently have a Sirius subscription In my 2012 F150. Awaiting my XLT which I realize doesn't have a Sirius capable radio. I have read a few threads with solutions being Bluetooth and smart phones. I dont have unlimited data and have spotty cell service here in GA. Questions is, does anybody have experience with a decent "portable" XM receiver. I dont want to dig Into the dashboard or have a wire and antenna hanging out the window. I would consider getting a new audio system installed professionally but from the looks of the radio on the XLT seems like they would have to cut up the dash as that am\fm looks very thin??
Sponsored

rutroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge durango
Currently have a Sirius subscription In my 2012 F150. Awaiting my XLT which I realize doesn't have a Sirius capable radio. I have read a few threads with solutions being Bluetooth and smart phones. I dont have unlimited data and have spotty cell service here in GA. Questions is, does anybody have experience with a decent "portable" XM receiver. I dont want to dig Into the dashboard or have a wire and antenna hanging out the window. I would consider getting a new audio system installed professionally but from the looks of the radio on the XLT seems like they would have to cut up the dash as that am\fm looks very thin??

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sirius...VQXxvBB3JfQkQEAQYASABEgK4A_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am in your same situation. I have an Element with XM and I thought I was out of luck if I bought the Maverick. I have been using a Bluetooth adapter in the Element (38.00 Amazon) and I am playing Sirius XM in that car with very little issues. I was doing the same thing with my old work car 2018 Hyundai Tucson and it was fine as well. I had a chat with Sirius last night and cancelled the service for my car and went to all streaming service. My old bill was 344.00 per year (all Access) and now the streaming service is only costing me 10.99 per month(y) The reason I am doing it this way is when you stream you can pause the show you want to listen to(SiriusXM Nascar) and pick it up when you get back in the car. I do IT service and I can listen to the show when I am driving to the next call. It doesn't hurt that my job has an unlimited plan on my phone for data. So I cancelled the old car XM and I am planning on Bluetoothing the app with the Maverick like I did with the Tucson. No wires to connect and it actually sounds better than terrestrial radio.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Msab13

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Cancel it... Stern became what he hates...
Agree. Only signed up 7 years ago for him but have found alot of good content since that makes it worth six bucks a month.

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
This is an interesting topic. If you have Sirius app on a mobile phone can you play Sirius on the Trucks system?

Jon

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is an interesting topic. If you have Sirius app on a mobile phone can you play Sirius on the Trucks system?

Jon
Yes you can and remember the mav has a built in modem so for $200 a year you have unlimited data to stream Sirius XM, my wife had SiriusXM in her car and we use it with Alexa in the house and plan on the same in the truck

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
That is good news! I allready pay for Spotify so that could be used as well.

Jon

Sponsored

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buy the Vais Technology GSR-FD02 Adapter with SiriusXM magnetic antenna from Crutchfield. Attach the antenna to the roof and thread the antenna wire through the center high mounted stop light to the interior. Some filing may be required to reattached the light cover. Fold down the read seat and fish out the wire from the CHMSL area and run it to the radio area. Attach the Vais adopter someplace under the dash and connect it to the inside fuse box, and connect the antenna wire to the Vais adapter. Then connect a USB cable to the Maverick USB input and to the Vais adapter. Select USB input on the Maverick audio system. Viola, Sirius XM radio controlled from the Maverick touchscreen.
Alternatively, download the Sirius XM app to your smartphone, and use the Apple Car Play or Android Auto in the Maverick sound system to control the app from the Maverick touchscreen. But this way, you are not connected to the satellite. On many 2 lane roads out west cellular data connection is not available. So even if you use the onboard modem on the Maverick, you have to go to the first plan to get SiriusXM radio.

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think with the xm app and or apple play you can get it…
That is my plan anyway!
I have life time plan so I hope it works!

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I was to get Sirius, I would want a portable gizmo so I can use it in the home. Plug into the car, bring inside when at home. Then only need one subscription.
OTOH, I don't know beans about the modem equipment and use. Learn...
tom

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Jon
YES

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But only if you can connect to cellular service, which is not always available in many rural areas. In such cases, you must have satellite reception.
Sponsored