First Name
Heavy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received letter from Ford that replacement side airbags were available under recall 22C20 and to make a service appointment. I did the day I received the letter. Waited 2 weeks for an appointment only to find out parts are still on back order with no expected dates. Had I not called to follow up with dealer, Klaben Ford, Kent, OH, I would have wasted yet another trip to their service department. I understand this is a first year model and I expected a few glitches along the way, what I didn’t expect is how poorly they have been handled, by Ford and the dealer. I’ve lost respect for Ford and doubt I’ll buy another on of their products.
Sponsored

golfguy2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
agreed - i went through the same thing
scheduled oil change, brake TSB and airbag recall

they said the parts were available, and ordered them and said they would be there by the date of my appointment

i dropped off car, left it all day till 3pm and service advisor says "we did oil change, brake TSB but the parts didn't arrive so we didn't do airbag recall- we will have to schedule you again for that"

like thanks for telling me before leaving my car with you

it's been over a week and still no call about parts arriving - why did Ford even bother sending that letter out?

OP
OP
Heavy Duty

Heavy Duty

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heavy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well that is what I expected…..but not close.

OP
OP
Heavy Duty

Heavy Duty

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heavy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Smart. Very smart. In the mean time I inform all passengers that my Maverick might have faulty airbags, so if anything happens sue Ford!

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received letter from Ford that replacement side airbags were available under recall 22C20 and to make a service appointment. I did the day I received the letter. Waited 2 weeks for an appointment only to find out parts are still on back order with no expected dates. Had I not called to follow up with dealer, Klaben Ford, Kent, OH, I would have wasted yet another trip to their service department. I understand this is a first year model and I expected a few glitches along the way, what I didn’t expect is how poorly they have been handled, by Ford and the dealer. I’ve lost respect for Ford and doubt I’ll buy another on of their products.
I had the nearly exact same experience. Two week scheduling wait for appointment to have both trucks repaired. But I made the mistake of just showing up with both vehicles. The service representative’ says they can’t do both in the same day. (Why did you schedule them both then?). He said we can do one today and the other one the next day. So I asked for a loaner and I would leave them both. Oh, we don’t have any right now. We will have one this afternoon.

So I go to see my sales rep about maybe test driving a used trade-in for a day or so. He says, how about I just set you up with a loaner? Which I still have a week later. Turned out they only had a single replacement kit and do not know when the other will come in. I went today and picked up my wife’s Mav and kept the loaner.

Apparently, the service folks can only request the bags and wait, they are told if or when the will get them.

I like my truck and I like the folks in the sales department, but Ford service and the dealer’s Service department leave a lot to be desired, for sure.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Welp, I will pile on. Dropped the truck last Saturday (3/4) AFTER scheduling it a month in advance, calling and confirming they would have the side airbags specific to my vehicle in stock for the repair one week before I dropped it off. I was gone a week, they had the truck the entire time. They managed to fix the grabby brakes so that took them an hour.

Got a text this weekend when I got back home, "Truck is ready"......7:15 this morning they told me they didn't do the airbags when I read the receipt. I went off.....no vulgarity but just "HOW DO YOU FAIL SO MISERABLY WITHOUT EVEN LETTING ME KNOW??"

Service manager confirmed the parts are in, will be done while I wait Friday morning.

It's a royal cluster out there, it ain't just Ford and based on what's happened late last week with the banks, we can expect even more. Wonderful.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welp, I will pile on. Dropped the truck last Saturday (3/4) AFTER scheduling it a month in advance, calling and confirming they would have the side airbags specific to my vehicle in stock for the repair one week before I dropped it off. I was gone a week, they had the truck the entire time. They managed to fix the grabby brakes so that took them an hour.

Got a text this weekend when I got back home, "Truck is ready"......7:15 this morning they told me they didn't do the airbags when I read the receipt. I went off.....no vulgarity but just "HOW DO YOU FAIL SO MISERABLY WITHOUT EVEN LETTING ME KNOW??"

Service manager confirmed the parts are in, will be done while I wait Friday morning.

It's a royal cluster out there, it ain't just Ford and based on what's happened late last week with the banks, we can expect even more. Wonderful.
Sure sounds like a dealer issue, not a Ford issue.

canyonero

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called 4 dealerships until I found one who would order the replacement parts first, then schedule the appointment. Most said the car had to be "in Service" or that the airbags had to be inspected first (contrary to the recall notice) before ordering replacements.

Crazyal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FE, Lariat, Lux, 4K, 2022 Ford Edge ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure sounds like a dealer issue, not a Ford issue.
100% agree, my dealer called me when parts were in, got a loaner for the day while they took their time. Checked headliner and no issues.

Sponsored

cmfo

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish I would have waited. The technicians are low on the evolutionary ladder at my dealership. Made a mess of the interior of my new truck and still have no remedy for my remote start not working since the " airbag fix".

Ford Maverick Side air bag replacement CUBBY

Dnahwols

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Fanger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Called dealer first week of Feb. and made appointment for oil change and airbag recall. Took it into dealer last week of Feb. Took a day and a half. Shuttle ride home and back. Got the truck back in same condition as when dropped off. Seems the problem people have is the Dealership they use.
Shout out to Apple Ford, York PA
Sponsored