Sponsored

Should I look to reserve through another dealer or am I looking into this too deep?

lilcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy Tahoe LT
This is a little long so I'm sorry in advance.

So I placed my order through my local dealer, got a call from their internet sales rep to make sure that everything I had on my reservation was correct and came through to their system properly. Everything checked out so she said that she'll have everything processed later that day. Later on in the day she sent me the build sheet via a text photo of the paperwork to have me confirm everything and send in my driver's license. I asked her if she could email me the copies of the paperwork so I could keep a copy of it for my records (this is my first brand new car and first time ordering something like this online so trying to cover my bases) and she said the paperwork is not on her computer so she would not be able to send it to me via email...ok weird but whatever. I sent in my signed build sheet and drivers license and she confirmed that my order was placed. When I initially sent her the signed paperwork I had asked if she could include my email with the order so that I could get the updates through Ford, she said she had it and will be emailing me the updates. Next thing I know I'm getting an auto email from her confirming my reservation for the 2022 FORD LIGHTNING... no no no absolutely not ma'am. So I called her and asked about that email and she said 'oh it was just a system glitch, your order is fine' so I asked her for some sort of order confirmation or an order number and she keeps telling me that I have to wait for a vin number from her. Should I hold this reservation and go ahead and place another one with a different dealer? I'm not sure if I'm just looking too deep into it or if that just seems sketchy. The only thing that I can come up with is that possibly the build that I did could be a part of their incoming inventory. I ordered the Hybrid XLT in Area 51 with the XLT package.
Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer needs to send you a copy of the DORA. Ideally, your name and email address are on it, along with build details.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can’t speak directly to your situation, but I can say that my local dealer has been very responsive and has essentially me (via email) confirmation info from the two orders I’ve placed.

Seems odd to me that she can’t.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Did you received an email confirmation email from FORD?

This stinks because she should be able to provide you a copy of the DORA that was submitted for you, and you should received an email from FORD confirming your order.

Plus, that auto email is a red flag because she could have ordered a Ford Lighting under your information, without your consent.

I would follow up with the Sales Manager.

Ford Maverick Should I look to reserve through another dealer or am I looking into this too deep? F45E1486-1C90-40BB-BDB8-992AD3B47E97

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Should I look to reserve through another dealer or am I looking into this too deep? 4FFC52FB-9FFC-46E8-B837-5606DADF5B49

Sponsored

OP
OP

lilcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy Tahoe LT
Did you received an email confirmation email from FORD?

This stinks because she should be able to provide you a copy of the DORA that was submitted for you, and you should received an email from FORD confirming your order.

Plus, that auto email is a red flag because she could have ordered a Ford Lighting under your information, without your consent.

I would follow up with the Sales Manager.

F45E1486-1C90-40BB-BDB8-992AD3B47E97.jpeg
Nope I haven’t gotten anything from Ford except for the email confirmation that the reservation was sent to the dealership. I had asked her to include my email so that I could track it to know some sort of time frame to be able to sell my current vehicle (trade in value is like $250 tops according to them) and she said she had it but I guess never entered it.

I thought the email for the Lightning was odd as well. While the Lightning would be nice to have I really have my heart set on the Maverick.

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Nope I haven’t gotten anything from Ford except for the email confirmation that the reservation was sent to the dealership. I had asked her to include my email so that I could track it to know some sort of time frame to be able to sell my current vehicle (trade in value is like $250 tops according to them) and she said she had it but I guess never entered it.

I thought the email for the Lightning was odd as well. While the Lightning would be nice to have I really have my heart set on the Maverick.
Placed my order last week at the dealer. They gave me my Dora, Price agreement, and copy of where I put down my deposit before walking out the door. You need at least the Dora and price agreement in writing since dealers like to change things. You can call Ford but good luck getting through. They may not want to give you the Dora if they ordered it as Priority 80 (dealer stock) since they may have reached their allocation limit. But talk to the sales manager to get the info you need.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Your gut was correct because when orders are placed, you receive email confirmations from FORD within minutes. I would call another dealer and restart the process because you now have a better understanding of the process and what documents you should receive when the process is complete.

Or you can try your luck with the Sales Manager at that dealership and tell them you are going to another dealer if they are unwilling to provide you a copy of the DORA “they sent.” I would not suggest this option because they have already wasted your time.

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your gut was correct because when orders are placed, you receive email confirmations from FORD within minutes. I would call another dealer and restart the process because you now have a better understanding of the process and what documents you should receive when the process is complete.

Or you can try your luck with the Sales Manager at that dealership and tell them you are going to another dealer if they are unwilling to provide you a copy of the DORA “they sent.” I would not suggest this option because they have already wasted your time.
Ford Maverick Should I look to reserve through another dealer or am I looking into this too deep? Web capture_27-8-2021_183943_mail.google.com

OP
OP

lilcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy Tahoe LT
I called the sales manager to try and figure this all out and she’s going to reach back out to me by Monday so we’ll see. Hopefully I’ll be able to get everything straightened out with her!

Sponsored
OP
OP

lilcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy Tahoe LT
Finally got the order confirmation email from Ford! I called another dealership yesterday to see about ordering one from them as well just to be safe but of course it’s been crickets from them. At least I can wait knowing that I actually have an order in the system.

Ford Maverick Should I look to reserve through another dealer or am I looking into this too deep? 7E3829AC-983E-44EB-9A04-9D7B7132525E

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
Placed my order last week at the dealer. They gave me my Dora, Price agreement, and copy of where I put down my deposit before walking out the door. You need at least the Dora and price agreement in writing since dealers like to change things. You can call Ford but good luck getting through. They may not want to give you the Dora if they ordered it as Priority 80 (dealer stock) since they may have reached their allocation limit. But talk to the sales manager to get the info you need.
You are right! From my experience calling Ford won't get you any answers beyond yes we have your order.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer needs to send you a copy of the DORA. Ideally, your name and email address are on it, along with build details.
Yes your dealer sends you the Predora which you cyber sign, the dealer then sends to Ford then Ford sends back the Dora to the dealer who then sends to you again you cyber sign send back to dealer then hopefully in the next day or 2 get email confirmation from Ford. Meaning you will then have all your ducks in a row and de able to print them for your files
Sponsored