Banned
Banned
First Name
Anonymous
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I agree with all of this - that I was able to get an additional discount at Granger in today's sales climate was unexpected. Though I will admit I'm not sure I would have actively pursued buying a Maverick so aggressively if it weren't an option (being a day-trip away made it relatively easy for me).

Ultimately I still feel the Maverick is the first vehicle where Ford is truly pushing the build to order, with reasonable pricing to the point that I can see them actively trying to do away with the huge discounts that often go on. Stick with small things like the Military, first responder and student discounts, otherwise push dealers to sell in a transparent and up-front way from start to finish - that will win future customers.

(Disclaimer - I also ended up getting a Ford loyalty bonus of $750, which I wouldn't say no to! This was my 3rd Ford in under 4 years though...which I sorta had forgotten - my Focus ST was not kept for very long). Granger literally popped this loyalty bonus on me just before we walked in to complete the sale, unprompted - further evidence that they were a stellar dealer to work with in my book.
I'd definitely be buying from Granger if it was just a day trip for me, everyone I've talked to that has ordered from them has been pleased.
Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with all of this - that I was able to get an additional discount at Granger in today's sales climate was unexpected. Though I will admit I'm not sure I would have actively pursued buying a Maverick so aggressively if it weren't an option (being a day-trip away made it relatively easy for me).

Ultimately I still feel the Maverick is the first vehicle where Ford is truly pushing the build to order, with reasonable pricing to the point that I can see them actively trying to do away with the huge discounts that often go on. Stick with small things like the Military, first responder and student discounts, otherwise push dealers to sell in a transparent and up-front way from start to finish - that will win future customers.

(Disclaimer - I also ended up getting a Ford loyalty bonus of $750, which I wouldn't say no to! This was my 3rd Ford in under 4 years though...which I sorta had forgotten - my Focus ST was not kept for very long). Granger literally popped this loyalty bonus on me just before we walked in to complete the sale, unprompted - further evidence that they were a stellar dealer to work with in my book.
I forgot to mention if there are any recalls, you would definitely want to take it local.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buying remote means then having to deal with any issues directly with a dealer that didn't sell you the rig. That concerns me a bit..

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buying remote means then having to deal with any issues directly with a dealer that didn't sell you the rig. That concerns me a bit..
You really should not have a problem for warranty work. Ford pays well to the dealer for this type of work. It is really a cash cow for any dealer.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You really should not have a problem for warranty work. Ford pays well to the dealer for this type of work. It is really a cash cow for any dealer.
Be very wary… Granger does not sell the Ford ESPlan…. Pretty sure they sell an after market plan… which might be great if your using Granger Service, but you should check with your local Ford Dealer where you plan service if they accept that particular plan.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sandstorm

Banned
Banned
First Name
Anonymous
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think it's just as likely you'd be ignored by the dealership that you purchased the vehicle from if there were problems outside of warranty, regardless if purchasing local or not. A Ford dealership, regardless if it's the one you purchased the vehicle at, isin't going to jerk you around when it comes warranty work are they?

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Be wary

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quite the opposite, actually. Warranty work is usually reimbursed at 3/4 to 1/2 the typical labor rate to both the shop and the tech doing it.

OP
OP

Sandstorm

Banned
Banned
First Name
Anonymous
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Quite the opposite, actually. Warranty work is usually reimbursed at 3/4 to 1/2 the typical labor rate to both the shop and the tech doing it.
In saying this, does that mean that a dealership would be less likely to perform warranty work on my vehicle simply because I didn't buy it from them? Seems like Ford(the manufacturer) would take issue with this.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In saying this, does that mean that a dealership would be less likely to perform warranty work on my vehicle simply because I didn't buy it from them? Seems like Ford(the manufacturer) would take issue with this.
They'll likely still do the warranty work, but you likely wouldn't be a priority over a previous customer and they may be stingier about giving a loaner. Also for repairs just slightly out of warranty dealerships can contest for a "goodwill repair" (that gets paid by the manufacturer) for previous customers.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
I was planning on going with Granger at 3% under invoice but after doing all the calculations and having to fly up, driving 1000 miles back and getting a hotel room, I'd only be saving a few hundred over buying from my local dealer at MSRP.

I have talked to my 4 closest Ford dealerships, asking them all if they could do any better than MSRP and every one is them has said they could not. My question is, is it normal for dealership's to not want to compete with each other in this climate? I know there is still dealer holdback even if they sold at invoice price, is it just not worth the time/paperwork to sell a custom build under MSRP?

One sales person even responded to my email saying "we are only making $895 off of the sale to you if we sold it at MSRP and that's not a lot".... My thought was that $900 does seem like a lot of profit for never having to have the vehicle on their lot and only 1h-2h of paperwork.

If I was to take the MSRP deal, I'd only be paying an additional $300 over buying at Granger after airfare, hotel and gas is considered and it is worth $300 to me to not have to put 1000 hwy miles on my brand new truck but it's kind of unsettling to see other dealerships offering invoice or below and I can't find any local dealerships that are willing to go under MSRP. What are your thoughts?
Man, I’m fine with MSRP. Buying local also helps my local economy. My thought, too, is that it builds a relationship. That relationship with my Hyundai dealer has been tremendously helpful and saved additional money. That is, I got a maintenance package, which some might criticize; however, they have fixed quite a few minor things not covered under the maintenance package or general warranty, e.g., scuffed up steering wheel, component on driver side handle. Anyway, I prefer buying local, even if I can get what appears to be a better deal elsewhere. That’s just me though.
Sponsored