Sponsored

Shift SYS Fault - Service Required (Hybrid CVT)

Ln42

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Happened again. SHIFT SYS FAULT. Started up after a few and I happened to be down the road from the local ford dealership where I bought it. They said “tow in” policy is that they aren’t seen for 1-1.5 weeks! Luckily it started again so I could drive out. Made an appoint for tomorrow with a Ford dealer 40min away. Had a family member come to the dealership (thinking I was dropping it), she said as I drove off it was smoking…. Wonderful. Checking the resale, I can’t keep this thing if I can’t rely on it.
Sponsored

Nelsc60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford maverick lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well mine has done fine sense the new transmission was installed. Should fix it. Good luck.

Tech Tye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, mine is all good after new transmission and hybrid control box(2 of them)

Hartzco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 cactus grey Maverick Hybrid 2016 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 hybrid is in the shop waiting on a new transmission. It went in with multiple shift system faults in late November and was in for a few days. After a page full of service notes and updates, I had it back for one month and happened repeatedly again. It’s been back at Currie Ford for about two weeks. They’ve been responsive and said the a new trans has been ordered and shipped for replacement. Hopefully I have a short wait and this will be the fix. I have about 15k miles so far.

Ford dealer had my Maverick just over a month and replaced the transmission with a new one. That was a month ago. Last week I had it in for an oil change, rotation, and dash upgrade. It has run fine since the replacement until yesterday I went out and it was completely dead. We had driven it Wednesday night with zero issues, and Thursday at 5:10 AM I got a sleep mode warning. By that afternoon the truck was dead with zero power. I was able to jump it and had about five dash warnings for a while. After a restart I still have a check motor warning and I guess it will be going back in again. It's getting very frustrating at this point. I soon will have my wife driving this vehicle and can't have a new car that isn't reliable for her.

Paul Doyle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford dealer had my Maverick just over a month and replaced the transmission with a new one. That was a month ago. Last week I had it in for an oil change, rotation, and dash upgrade. It has run fine since the replacement until yesterday I went out and it was completely dead. We had driven it Wednesday night with zero issues, and Thursday at 5:10 AM I got a sleep mode warning. By that afternoon the truck was dead with zero power. I was able to jump it and had about five dash warnings for a while. After a restart I still have a check motor warning and I guess it will be going back in again. It's getting very frustrating at this point. I soon will have my wife driving this vehicle and can't have a new car that isn't reliable for her.

Paul Doyle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine has done this sht sys fault multiple time when it's a few degrees below freezing. Had it in twice and dealer cant replicate it as they have it in a heated shop. I was a tech before retirement and it is acting like a park lock pin getting stuck in the casting. The aluminium housing will shrink at a quicker rate then n the steel pin and could stop the pin from releasing. Just my thought on the cause. Anyone else with cold related problem like this
Sponsored