Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't get it at all. There is no connection between Maverick and anything remotely related to a high performance V-8 based Shelby sports cars upon which the name and legend was built. All this gives you is a tarted up Poser truck and further dilutes and stains the Shelby name and history. SMH :alien:
Sponsored

OP
OP
TacoHolder

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I don't get it at all. There is no connection between Maverick and anything remotely related to a high performance V-8 based Shelby sports cars upon which the name and legend was built. All this gives you is a tarted up Poser truck and further dilutes and stains the Shelby name and history. SMH :alien:
Could argue that any modern car with a high performance V8 is just a tarted up poser mobile. You wouldn't believe the number of Corvettes holding up traffic in the left lane around here.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I like lots of the styling pieces on there
All together maybe it's a bit much

But it's really not much of a stretch if you think about it
Bump up the HP to 300 and you are right around the same power as a 67 GT350

Obv not for everyone but I would think they would find enough people to make them.... maybe

I'm ok with just buying some of the styling pieces to make mine look a little cooler (since it'll be a "street" truck with a performancy flavor)

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could argue that any modern car with a high performance V8 is just a tarted up poser mobile. You wouldn't believe the number of Corvettes holding up traffic in the left lane around here.
Not sure I'm following your logic there. Ford Sells REAL Shelby GT-350 and for a few years GT-500 and are badass and deserving of the Shelby graphics. The Maverick designed as an entry level economy car replacement with hybrid engine? Not so much. Slapping performance shop stickers on your stock tame street vehicle= Posers in my book. Just old fashioned like that I guess.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TacoHolder

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Not sure I'm following your logic there. Ford Sells REAL Shelby GT-350 and for a few years GT-500 and are badass and deserving of the Shelby graphics. The Maverick designed as an entry level economy car replacement with hybrid engine? Not so much. Slapping performance shop stickers on your stock tame street vehicle= Posers in my book. Just old fashioned like that I guess.
The cars you call bad ass are just posers machines. We just have different opinions about what defines a poser. Tuned V8s used to matter before you could get 300hp from a 2 liter four.

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
In a heart beat.. drop a 2.7 or 3.0 TT EB in it.

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I see is a lot of added weight to an already heavy platform.

Racers look to drop weight and reduce the hp/pound ratio.

If you want a performance Maverick, opt for the 2.0 FWD XL, don't add weight and wat for the aftermarket to tune the engine to 300+ hp.

Sponsored

GAMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry Kindig, Stealing yur moniker. This truck is BITCHEN ! I wish I could download the pics, I would steal those too !
See if this works for you:
Sorry Kindig, Stealing yur moniker. This truck is BITCHEN ! I wish I could download the pics, I would steal those too !
See if this works for you:

Attachments

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The cars you call bad ass are just posers machines. We just have different opinions about what defines a poser. Tuned V8s used to matter before you could get 300hp from a 2 liter four.
GT350 and GT500 are just poser cars? LOL!!!! Yea ok. 525 HP and 760 hp. Current GT500 is 0-60 in 3.3 secs, 10.7 1/4 mile sure is posing.

Here is a video of of a GT500 and Camaro ZL1-1LE posing at Nurburgring.

Last edited:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
tell that to NASCAR. How do you explain the continued success (and sales) of C-8 Corvette and all models before that, V-8 Mustangs, Camaros, Challenger & Charger with all the Demon and other variants topping 700HP and street legal and many others I could name? I agree we have different opinions of what a Poser is. It's All SHOW and NO GO. You Youngsters that think punched out 4 cylinders are the shit have no appreciation for real muscle cars and grew up in the era of "less is more" forced on us by the heavy hand of Gov't regulations and vilification of oil companies by "activists" who don't want anyone to have any fun or freedom on wheels. Try studying cars and racing of the mid 60's- late 70's to see what it was like to drive cars for FUN and sport for a little perspective on this. "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" !

I don't care what you do to a front wheel drive economy minded compact truck- it's not meant to be a racer and IMO it's plain silly to try to make it look like 1 :p Might look good as a Hot Wheels toy though!

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Came across a pretty sweet rendering of a Shelby Maverick on the Internet.
https://www.behance.net/gallery/131545073/Shelby-Maverick-2024
b49188131545073.6196ca7c2bf61.jpg

25f139131545073.6196ca7c2c583.jpg
I really like this ... great color combination~ Wonder what the Rapid Red would look like? I am betting it would be incredible as well!! After posting - edit - The perspective of "Poser" runs true here with the Shelby moniker being applied (along with other mods) - and nothing more done to beef up the power - engine and train.... but for "open and enjoyable discussion" ... I do like that combination of colors and graphics etc. to the the exterior {except that spoiler).
Sponsored

Last edited: