Sponsored

Shame no 12" digital instrument cluster for Maverick

Rr317

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 focus st, 2021 escape, 2022 ford maverick FE
Who else that ordered a lariat is a bit bummed that we are not getting the digital instrument cluster like the high trim escapes get? I was under the impression that it would come with it, but under further investigation it is a 6.5 in screen. I'm sure many will be happy to have "analog" gauges, but having driven my wife's escape, I was getting used to the screen.
Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Who else that ordered a lariat is a bit bummed that we are not getting the digital instrument cluster like the high trim escapes get? I was under the impression that it would come with it, but under further investigation it is a 6.5 in screen. I'm sure many will be happy to have "analog" gauges, but having driven my wife's escape, I was getting used to the screen.
I havenā€™t seen what the top trim Escapeā€™s have, but that Maverick screen is better than what I have on my Grand Cherokee. I donā€™t mind analog dials again, although Iā€™m sure it would look awesome with something like the F150 screens.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Yeah, the Maverick Lariat seems a bit restrained on the high end options, maybe because of chips, maybe because they don't want pricing going too crazy

I think by the time we see a refresh model, the Maverick will add at least a trim like Platinum or Limited with some of the other high end parts bin goodies like the bigger digital dash, 360 cams, Sync 4, cooled seats, leather, maybe BlueCruise and perimeter lighting etc.

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, the Maverick Lariat seems a bit restrained on the high end options, maybe because of chips, maybe because they don't want pricing going too crazy

I think by the time we see a refresh model, the Maverick will add at least a trim like Platinum or Limited with some of the other high end parts bin goodies like the bigger digital dash, 360 cams, Sync 4, cooled seats, leather, maybe BlueCruise and perimeter lighting etc.
Probably an EV version too

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma šŸŒ®
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That will make me so annoyed. I know itā€™s coming, but still. šŸ˜” haha! I want ventilated seats and no cubby!

Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
That will make me so annoyed. I know itā€™s coming, but still. šŸ˜” haha! I want ventilated seats and no cubby!
Yeah its a little unfortunate. We got a launch right after a pandemic and with chip shortages and random material shortages, so the first year trims are definitely not what they would have been in normal times. I'm still happy with the Lariat, but you know they had to cut features and things to get it produced this year. I'm still leaning towards leasing and getting the full feature refresh in 3 years.

OP
OP

Rr317

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 focus st, 2021 escape, 2022 ford maverick FE
Yeah its a little unfortunate. We got a launch right after a pandemic and with chip shortages and random material shortages, so the first year trims are definitely not what they would have been in normal times. I'm still happy with the Lariat, but you know they had to cut features and things to get it produced this year. I'm still leaning towards leasing and getting the full feature refresh in 3 years.
That's where I'm at too only problem is I drive around 18k miles a year....

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bet you the escape LCD cluster will work in a Maverick..... The wiring is identical between an escape and a bronco sport, I bet it is the same with the Maverick...

My guess is that the Lariat was designed with more premium options in mind and then was cut back due to the chip shortage. I am guessing it was designed to support the LCD cluster and a 12 inch Sync 4 system.

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet you the escape LCD cluster will work in a Maverick..... The wiring is identical between an escape and a bronco sport, I bet it is the same with the Maverick...

My guess is that the Lariat was designed with more premium options in mind and then was cut back due to the chip shortage. I am guessing it was designed to support the LCD cluster and a 12 inch Sync 4 system.
I wonā€™t be surprised if they do it in a couple years. But then again, this truck was meant to be on a budget. I mean an almost fully loaded FWD Lariat Hybrid is $33,000

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thereā€™s so many threads on here I donā€™t know where to go sometimes to find the topic.

But what have been some of the better ideas for utilizing the cubby to the right of the 8ā€ screen? Not a hula girlā€¦

Sponsored

CatsupGladiator

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm strongly leaning towards 3-D printing a bin to go in or a door that covers that pocket. Just seems like it would be more visually appealing.... Just need to find some filament that ties in to the rest of the dash area.

theEngineer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav, '13 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just need to find some filament that ties in to the rest of the dash area.
It's really hard to tell what the interior color is in all the different photos with different exposures/filters, but I'm hoping the Prusament Anthracite Gray PETG I have will look nice.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that nothing I would trade my XLT display for the 6.5" in hart beat. Still don't understand the bare bones grafix on the none ST builds with premium packages.
Sponsored