First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea I can’t even remember where I saw it. It doesn’t make much sense why it’d prevent the other position since it’s not in the way of the other latch at all.

Kind of a bummer to lose that tie down too but I guess I could pop it back on for the few times I’d actually need to use that specific tie down.
I’m thinking the same. Keep the tie down in the amazing under seat storage and put it back on if needed.
Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yea I can’t even remember where I saw it. It doesn’t make much sense why it’d prevent the other position since it’s not in the way of the other latch at all.

Kind of a bummer to lose that tie down too but I guess I could pop it back on for the few times I’d actually need to use that specific tie down.
i just put the assist on mine today and it definitely doesn’t interfere with the cable position at all. You have to take the tie down off bc it hits the strut as you close and it won’t close fully. You could replace it with a D ring or other style that doesn’t wrap down the side and it would likely be fine

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How does the "tailgate assist" feel for you?

With the very light weight tailgate is it useful for you?

I ask because I got one delivered for my Future Maverick but after reading the instructions and seeing yours with the left side tailgate tie-down removed "per instructions" I am not so sure I want it because of the missing tie-down which is needed to secure loads that extend out the back with the tailgate down.
You can easily connect another tie down bracket into either of the threaded holes from original tie down. L shaped on top or straight tie down using side hole. No reason at all not to install.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here are all my pictures of my Maverick.

Ordered July 3, built Sep 22, delivered Oct 7.

Mods include window air deflectors, tailgate assist struts, all weather mats.

Ford Maverick Shadow Black XL Delivered and Mods Installed: Window Air Deflectors + Tailgate Assist Struts {filename}

Ford Maverick Shadow Black XL Delivered and Mods Installed: Window Air Deflectors + Tailgate Assist Struts {filename}

No pics of all weather mats! Did they fit well?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can easily connect another tie down bracket into either of the threaded holes from original tie down. L shaped on top or straight tie down using side hole. No reason at all not to install.
Aren’t they covered up by the assist mounting plate?

Sponsored

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Aren’t they covered up by the assist mounting plate?
No many inches away. You can see the missing bracket location in his picture. Only see the top hole due to camera angle but side is straight down from there.

FLA-MAV22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Rio5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats. Really nice truck. Enjoy the truck. I also ordered the shadow black but in the XLT trim. The window deflectors look very cool. I’m also looking at those for my truck. Also the tailgate assist will be added.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here are all my pictures of my Maverick.

Ordered July 3, built Sep 22, delivered Oct 7.

Mods include window air deflectors, tailgate assist struts, all weather mats.

Thank you for the pictures! That's a whole lotta truck for the money!

The air deflectors look AWESOME! I can't believe how flat they are. Could you please post a closer up pic of the air deflector with the window cracked. I'm wondering how much hot air can escape with the window cracked if the deflectors are that close.

Thanks again!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The reason the original tie-down bracket was removed was because it interferes with the tailgate damper.

Where can I obtain this "another tie-down bracket" that would not interfere with the tailgate damper?

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Ford Maverick Shadow Black XL Delivered and Mods Installed: Window Air Deflectors + Tailgate Assist Struts 09118C26-B3F6-4875-A5ED-D9F0B7DAE09E

Congratulations on receiving your new Maverick and thanks for sharing. These pics and your info is useful and give us hope!

Sponsored

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The reason the original tie-down bracket was removed was because it interferes with the tailgate damper.

Where can I obtain this "another tie-down bracket" that would not interfere with the tailgate damper?
Plan on making my own but if that's not your style you could try something like these
Ford Maverick Shadow Black XL Delivered and Mods Installed: Window Air Deflectors + Tailgate Assist Struts Screenshot_20211010-101303
Ford Maverick Shadow Black XL Delivered and Mods Installed: Window Air Deflectors + Tailgate Assist Struts Screenshot_20211010-100114
Ford Maverick Shadow Black XL Delivered and Mods Installed: Window Air Deflectors + Tailgate Assist Struts Screenshot_20211010-100358
Ford Maverick Shadow Black XL Delivered and Mods Installed: Window Air Deflectors + Tailgate Assist Struts Screenshot_20211010-100416

And if this isn't something you want to do then just keep the bracket you take off and reinstall when you need tie down with tailgate open. No need to take off damper just don't forget to take tie down back off before closing tailgate 😄

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the gas strut does not interfere with the cables or the angled position of the tailgate, and all I have to give up is one tie down and $50? To eliminate the undamped tailgate? Sounds worth it to me. Seems like if you really needed it you could keep that tie down/bolt and a ratchet in the storage cubby for the times when you might need it.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks @wjg

Using your post I searched Amazon and found a lot of tie-downs selections.

Since I will be removing and replacing both tie-downs on the tailgate (so they match) I narrowed it down to this option:

CrocSee 4 Pack Truck Bed Tie Down Anchors Trailer Cargo Hooks Bolt on D Rings V Rings Heavy Duty

CrocSee 4 Pack Truck Bed Tie Down Anchors

I will be keeping the tailgate damper and when my Maverick arrives I will order this set after I make sure that these will fit and not interfere with the damper when the tailgate is closed.

Last edited:

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great pictures of the dash. I'm happy to see there's a temperature gauge. Nissan didn't see fit to put one in their Nissan versas. 🤣
My versa has a temp gauge