Sponsored

Sell me on Lariat Luxury Package

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
I've never used adaptive CC but the lane keeping in my 2017 Escape is decent and not at all intrusive, as I also imagined. If anything, I would hope that it's gotten a bit better over the last couple years.
There is a big difference between lane keeping and lane centering.
Sponsored

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Resale value - if that's a concern. In 4-5 years, adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist are going to be standard features and people will have come to expect them on their vehicles. Granted, these are more urban/suburban issues, but even on rural country roads, I'll set the ACC on my car when behind a slower vehicle and just relax and wait for the next passing lane.

Tore my Achilles tendon three months ago and had to have my right foot in a cast. Coincidentally, I had bought a '19 Accord with adaptive cruise control and brake hold. These two features allowed me to drive to work and get around town in a way that would have been 10X more difficult than without.

BTW, has anyone heard if there's a brake hold feature on the Maverick? This is a great feature for the local In 'N Out drive-thru.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
First and foremost, I ordered the Lux Pkg on my Lariat. I LOVE the Adaptive Cruise and do not like the Lane Centering. Heres why:

Had Lane Centering on Toyota Avalon Hybrid and now Lexus ES300h (Hybrid) and don't trust it. It is extremely slow to react and drifts too close to the center line before snapping back to the center. Both cars actually weave back and forth and do not ever center. Plus you have to keep a hand on the wheel or else it shuts off.

So I'll hold judgement on Ford's version of Lane Centering until I get my Maverick. Until then, I just don't turn it on in the Lexus.

Waitingtosee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer Limited, 2022 Ford Maverick FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2021 Ford Explorer Limited with ACC and it is similar. You have to keep you hand on the wheel or it shuts off and the lane centering runs the vehicle to close to the center line for my tastes as well. I suspect the Maverick will be the same. I still love the stop and go part of the ACC but just turn off the lane centering feature. Wish the lane centering was adjustable!

Sponsored

dalewilbanks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Focus Titanium, Tuscon Limited, RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Tacoma has Adaptive Cruise, and I can't believe I ever drove on the highway without it. Trading it in for a Cyber Orange Hybrid Lariat, just placed my order yesterday :)
Totally stoked!

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Tacoma has Adaptive Cruise, and I can't believe I ever drove on the highway without it. Trading it in for a Cyber Orange Hybrid Lariat, just placed my order yesterday :)
Totally stoked!
Sounds like we have the same build!

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Platinum Energi, 2020 F150 King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've already ordered my Lariat with the Luxury Package. I am looking at it now and the Lux Package seems to not be worth it. To get it you have to also add the 360 package and that totals almost $4K.

In your opinion what makes it worth that?
Yes! I’m only sorry that the cooled ventilated seats are not also included. I pretty much use everything else in my F-150 from the Luxury Package. Otherwise, I would be missing it in the Maverick.

Hoguette

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Toyota Camry
Yes! I’m only sorry that the cooled ventilated seats are not also included. I pretty much use everything else in my F-150 from the Luxury Package. Otherwise, I would be missing it in the Maverick.
I agree with the ventilated seats! Wish that was included, but not deal breaker. I have a heated steering wheel in my 2015 Edge and will never own another car without it.

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Platinum Energi, 2020 F150 King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with the ventilated seats! Wish that was included, but not deal breaker. I have a heated steering wheel in my 2015 Edge and will never own another car without it.
It’s nice, “ain’t“ it!

Sponsored

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When did driving become such a chore? I was taught to never take my eyes off the road and look for trouble. Drove across country in my stick shift in the 80's no problem! Parallel park an Expedition in NYC yeah buddy!! Driving is fun and engaging!! Tech is over-rated.Dress warm(in the winter),put your phone down,and drive.
Sponsored