Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: @kingranchero reports that it's approximately 23 5/8"

Anyone into on the seat to ground distance?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
That's a tough dimension to acquire. AFAIK the manufacturers don't release this. The dimension from tailgate to ground with gate down is 30.5". In looking at the proportions and that neither side steps nor running boards are shown in the accessory catalog, It's my guess the climb in height is reasonably low. Another design feature that can be a issue depending on your physical make-up is the lift over at the door sill. Some vehicles force you to pick your feet up and over and drop them on the inside, a real pain if you have a hip issue, literally.

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Sat in a Bronco Sport recently and the seating position was more like the Ford trucks I'm used to rather than more car like legs straight seating positions.

Sponsored

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Just wondering how you determined this figure? Are you scaling up or down from a known dimension?
Insider information. Count on his replies being pretty accurate.

JB330ci

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, BMW M2, Lexus RX450h
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:
Sponsored

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I assume that's the lowest sitting height, correct? Can the seat be adjusted another couple of inches higher?
The seat can be adjusted higher or lower, yes. This number is sort of a baseline, with no cargo/weight in the truck other than the driver.

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I generally take the height of the vehicle (68.7") subtract the headroom (40.3") and then subtract 1-2 inches for the headliner to get a baseline. If you do that you get about ~26".

Obviously this isn't perfect since a car is not a perfect box, and maximum height may not be over the driver, headroom may be taken from of the tallest portion or lowest portion of the seat, seats move, head room may not be measured at a 90 etc, etc. But you can use it as a comparison tool.

Last edited:

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in the opposite boat, and was hoping the seat height would be a big higher, making entry/egress easier, being somewhat vertically challenged and aging folks. - I lifted my Outback, which make it loads easier to hop in/out of. If that 23 5/8" is accurate, she's a little on low side, albeit with a taller door opening height.

Would that 23 5/8" be with the seat all the way down, up, or somewhere in between? - Would the seat need to be all the way down for us over 6' guys?

I'd love to have a 40+ mpg hybrid, although I've been spoiled by AWD for quite a few years. Most of my driving is suburban, making the hybrid ideal.
Sponsored