Seat height too high?

DEW9274

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2017 Chevy Sonic RS
Does anyone else think the seats set a little too high? I don't see a way to make them any lower than the adjustment lever on the side. Seems like there is a ton of room to go lower but doesn't.
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've only sat in an XL with a sunroof, and had plenty of headroom with the seat all the way down, and I'm 6'4".

Seemed fine to me.

OP
OP
DEW9274

DEW9274

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2017 Chevy Sonic RS
I am 6' and have plenty of head room also. The seat height to the roof is not what I notice, it is how high I am to the dash or steering wheel. I just typically sit lower in a vehicle so it's more than likely just me but just wondered. Thanks.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Well, if it helps (which it probably doesnā€™t), I felt like I was driving a semi when I test drove the Mav. However, I drive a Mini Cooper, and seats donā€™t get much lower than those. Iā€™m thinking it might just be what youā€™re used to. Also, Iā€™m 5ā€™7ā€, so I didnā€™t hate the seat height at all. šŸ˜‚

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When my wife and I finally found a Maverick on the lot to see, feel and touch before we ordered our Maverick. One thing we noticed was the seat height in the XLT. I'm 6.0' and my wife is 5.5' -- seat was fine for me but my wife would need a booster seat to see over the hood to her liking. This was one of the main reasons we went with the Lariat. Power seats will get her the lift she can feel comfortable with and some other options only available on the Lariat, like dual temp controls.

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, if it helps (which it probably doesnā€™t), I felt like I was driving a semi when I test drove the Mav. However, I drive a Mini Cooper, and seats donā€™t get much lower than those. Iā€™m thinking it might just be what youā€™re used to. Also, Iā€™m 5ā€™7ā€, so I didnā€™t hate the seat height at all. šŸ˜‚
Agree. Compared to my F150, the Mav seating position felt much lower (as compared to the dash/doors, NOT the ground, which is rather obvious)

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When my wife and I finally found a Maverick on the lot to see, feel and touch before we ordered our Maverick. One thing we noticed was the seat height in the XLT. I'm 6.0' and my wife is 5.5' -- seat was fine for me but my wife would need a booster seat to see over the hood to her liking. This was one of the main reasons we went with the Lariat. Power seats will get her the lift she can feel comfortable with and some other options only available on the Lariat, like dual temp controls.
There is a manual seat height adjustment on XL/XLT Mavericks.

Ford Maverick Seat height too high? Front Seat Height Adjustment.JPG

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for pointing that out -- I wish YOU would have been the salesman standing there when my wife pointed out the seat was too low! The salesman said only the Lariat had power seats. l do know that is true but he obviously didn't know the standard seats can adjust up and down. Don't know if that would have changed our minds on ordering the Lariat but as mentioned, that was a main concern.

Ozzy25

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I've only sat in an XL with a sunroof, and had plenty of headroom with the seat all the way down, and I'm 6'4".

Seemed fine to me.
Thank you for posting this. This has been my biggest concern about my order. I canā€™t find one on a lot anywhere locally for me to go sit in to test out.
Iā€™m 6ā€™3ā€ and have a moonroof on my order. I currently drive a Jeep Patriot and according to NADA my Patriot has 41 inches of headroom and NADA says the Mav has 40.3 inches (assuming without the moonroof calculated in).
#TallGuyIssues

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for posting this. This has been my biggest concern about my order. I canā€™t find one on a lot anywhere locally for me to go sit in to test out.
Iā€™m 6ā€™3ā€ and have a moonroof on my order. I currently drive a Jeep Patriot and according to NADA my Patriot has 41 inches of headroom and NADA says the Mav has 40.3 inches (assuming without the moonroof calculated in).
#TallGuyIssues
In at least one review Iā€™ve seen people mention 6ā€™5ā€ person has comfortable headroom. It seems that should not be an issue for you in this vehicle.

Go to 8:50 mark for the sauce

Sponsored

Leprechaun

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
The XLT has power seats if you opt for the Lux package unless you are talking about the passenger seat in which case you may be right but driver has power seat in the XLT Lux package

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided

Definitely, because the mav is very low riding compared to every other current truck on the market I can think of. It's a throwback in that way.

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The XLT has power seats if you opt for the Lux package unless you are talking about the passenger seat in which case you may be right but driver has power seat in the XLT Lux package
Before I ordered I read everything I could find. I read somewhere the passenger seat was power but no Maverick model or package has that. Because the last thing I need is heated anything here in SW Florida there was little practicality for the Lux Package in my case. Also, since my first post on this subject I saw a video showing the need to hand pump the driver's seat up and down - - so glad I got the Lariat as our Maverick will be our only vehicle. There'll be a lot of adjusting that seat.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
ah...I didn't realize the XL had hight adjustability...
Only on the driver side, not the passenger sideā€¦ passenger side only adjusts fwd/reverse and seat back adjustment
Ford Maverick Seat height too high? image
Sponsored

Last edited: