MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have sat in Active-X seats in an Escape - soft and comfortable.

Our Genesis G70 has "vinyl" seats, and they're better looking/feeling than our Mercedes E350 with real leather was (and they charged $1420 for the real leather in the Benz).

Pleather is normal these days. It's more durable, more humane, etc. It's a far cry from the 80s vinyl seats you're thinking of.
Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

All trim levels have the same cushioning, so they are all equally plush.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
I think you could make a PBJ right on the Active X seats, let it soak in and then wipe up no problem- Cloth stains are a concern for me with messy Marvin wife and daughter- Still trying to a get cupcake icing stain out that was spilled and left over night- The Lariat seats are comfy, probably sounds worth it to upgrade for you but you might also want to look at Katzskin covers if the upgrade cost is too high for Lariat-
Got Katzskin in my wifes 2011 Subaru Outback! Still looks great after all these years with minimal care. Thick leather too!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got Katzskin in my wifes 2011 Subaru Outback! Still looks great after all these years with minimal care. Thick leather too!
Sweet. Can u share a picture ?

Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lol ok. So you think each trim level has a different cushion, with increasing plush-ness? The fabric is literally a cover that fits snugly over the foam cushion. Granted the seat cover material might feel smoother on the active-x

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol ok. So you think each trim level has a different cushion, with increasing plush-ness? The fabric is literally a cover that fits snugly over the foam cushion. Granted the seat cover material might feel smoother on the active-x
What I am saying is, is that either due to the thickness/material of the Lariat seats make it more comfortable than the cloth alternative, it's not just smoother - Sit in both than report back.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any thoughts on how easily each material is kept clean? Have 3 boys under 5yr old and anticipate the odd spill/mess as much as we try to avoid them. I’ve heard activex can be cleaned even better than leather? Suspecting the cloth would be prone to stains? Part of the value decision is how “like new” I can keep the seats looking should we be looking to resell at some point.

there are definitely a lot of additional perks on the lariat with lux that help justify - auto cruise with lane centering (My commutes are exclusively highways and will be doing the odd 6-8hr road trip), push button start, premium sound, 6.5” screen, dual zone temp, power sliding rear window with defrost. It’s a hike in price, but fully loaded this thing still doesn’t touch the mid/full size price comparisons with any decent feature package on them - if this is all the truck I need. That’s one way to rationalize the extra costs I suppose!
Activex is a high quality supple vinyl, and will clean up well. Anything can be stained in the wrong combination of materials. I’m planning 3M Scotchguard for my cloth XLT seats.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should be able to find part numbers for the seat cushions and settle that debate.

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Visual aesthetics are absolutely subjective. I couldn’t get a Lariat because I hate the color of those seats. That said I’m happy with how the XLT seats feel. They are a tight weave and seem like they will hold up well. I treated them with 303 interior fabric stain guard. I love 303 products. Best of luck.
Great idea with the fabric guard use it in my home on sofa and dining room chairs, works great when you spill something or even on pet stains. Very easy to apply spray cans and reasonable cost also.Used Scotchguard available in most big box home supply stores.

Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Should be able to find part numbers for the seat cushions and settle that debate.
I looked a little bit but the website isn't very mobile friendly. It looked like the differences were if there is a heating element or power seat controls. There weren't any different cushions based solely on trim level.

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6S Wagon, E250, Kia Soul
My dealer emailed me yesterday to let me know that they got in a Maverick in Lariat-trim so I will to check out out today. I ordered a Lariat for the interior due to concerns of staining on the light colored areas with the XLT seats. I really like the Active X material after experiencing it and driving in it. I hope that all of the reviews that I have read are correct- that it wears and looks better than leather over time. It surely looks and feels good when brand new.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
The Full Boat Lariat package is the best way to stifle the challenge of, "should we take my truck - or your Beemer today?" Pricey, but effective.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Get what you want. I am plenty good with the XLT interior. If you like the Lariat, go for it. Quit over thinking, just get what you want

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I am saying is, is that either due to the thickness/material of the Lariat seats make it more comfortable than the cloth alternative, it's not just smoother - Sit in both than report back.
This is about as subjective as what looks better; Lariat or XLT seats.

The Larait “seems” softer but the cushion feel is the exact same. To me at least.
Sponsored