First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So what is everybody using that cubby for? I put some business cards in there but would like to figure out something more practical.
Sponsored

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to make a little coin tray for in there as well. I got a cardboard template cut that seems to be the right size. Modeling a flat plate in TinkerCAD now, will have it printed at work on Wednesday. If its accurate, I'll try to update this thread then.

Problem seems to be it tapers on both sides at different degrees. My current template only tapers on one side - Hoping that's enough to get a tight fit. Whoever drew the dimensions for this thing at Ford is a dick.
I am thinking about stacking flash drives in there: L 2" x W 5/8" x H 3/8". Your coin tray idea may hold them in. I will be standing by to place my order!

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am thinking about stacking flash drives in there: L 2" x W 5/8" x H 3/8". Your coin tray idea may hold them in. I will be standing by to place my order!
If the objective is putting thumb drives in there, people print USB blocks all the time. Its just a piece of plastic with USB port sized holes in them.

Ford Maverick Screenside Dash Cubby Dimensions? 1644194730129

It would be trivial to add those to a plate like this.

Ford Maverick Screenside Dash Cubby Dimensions? 1644194773614

The trick will be keeping it from sliding. I'm hopping to do this with support beams that will wedge into the top of the cubby and a tab that will engage with the tiny screw hole at the bottom of the cubby.

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the objective is putting thumb drives in there, people print USB blocks all the time. Its just a piece of plastic with USB port sized holes in them.

1644194730129.png

It would be trivial to add those to a plate like this.

1644194773614.png

The trick will be keeping it from sliding. I'm hopping to do this with support beams that will wedge into the top of the cubby and a tab that will engage with the tiny screw hole at the bottom of the cubby.
Perfect, thank you.

Sponsored

Spot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat, Audi A4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any updates? So far I have seen a Kleenex Holder and Phone Mount in the cubby. I would prefer a drawer or door as described above.
I don't have my Maverick yet, but I did design and print a prototype coin drawer that is 57w x 24h x 70d (millimeters) using Tinkercad. I wanted to get this halfway right before I build something to take up the entire cuppy. I can provide the STL files if you wish or I can post to thingiverse. Did anyone else get this far yet? Am I on the right track?
Ford Maverick Screenside Dash Cubby Dimensions? Mav-Coin-Drawer

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have my Maverick yet, but I did design and print a prototype coin drawer that is 57w x 24h x 70d (millimeters) using Tinkercad. I wanted to get this halfway right before I build something to take up the entire cuppy. I can provide the STL files if you wish or I can post to thingiverse. Did anyone else get this far yet? Am I on the right track?
Mav-Coin-Drawer.jpg
I think that you could make the drawer(s) taller. See example: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...rick-2022-compatible-cubby-storage-box.12439/

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So what is everybody using that cubby for? I put some business cards in there but would like to figure out something more practical.
Enlightenment?

Ford Maverick Screenside Dash Cubby Dimensions? 277544464_454790916439259_6456489359785248991_n2

Sponsored