First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven't got it yet but my XLT with co-pilot, trailer hitch and inverter, tax, title and "prep" is still under 29k. I never thought I could afford a new vehicle, let alone a truck, on my retirement income. This is a dream come true for me.
Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
30K is not Cheap - Shows that the market is inflated
That said I will agree 22k is on the cheaper side but you don't get much for the base XLT. To properly equip the prices is closer to 30K. Which was recently the average price of an SUV
The Maverick is objectively cheap compared to other cars, that's a fact. If the standard isn't in comparison to the rest of the market, what is?

We ordered an XLT with spray-in and tow-hitch, $24k and change. We can easily afford whatever we want and found the $24k model was "properly equipped" for us. That also happens to be the vehicle that is being reviewed, not a $30k one. Really odd that you are trying to find fault in a totally objective statement, by both moving the goalposts and sharing an opinion.

minnow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Miata, 2007 V8 4Runner, 2019 GTI SE 6MT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The average new car price is $40k. That you can get a completely optioned out pickup for less than that does make it cheap. That's not a knock against it, and to be honest, the pearl clutching over the word 'cheap' vs 'inexpensive' is in the same vein of full size truck owners gatekeeping the Maverick. The Miata competes in a segment with staggering excess much like the truck segment, and the fact that it is cheap is celebrated!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At the end of the day, 36k for Lariat/LUX/2.0/AWD seems just fine when to get the same features in a mid-size comes in at about 44k and for the 4 times a year the Maverick might not be enough I still think it overrides having to deal with a much larger rig 24/7-

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Cheap would be less then 20k. There are many options out there in this price range that can get close to the mpg of the hybrid. Granted they are not trucks but that wasnt what i was shopping for, only issue with the cheap ones is the moon roof or lack there of. I could save 10k if that wasnt a must have.

Sponsored

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick is objectively cheap compared to other cars, that's a fact. If the standard isn't in comparison to the rest of the market, what is?

We ordered an XLT with spray-in and tow-hitch, $24k and change. We can easily afford whatever we want and found the $24k model was "properly equipped" for us. That also happens to be the vehicle that is being reviewed, not a $30k one. Really odd that you are trying to find fault in a totally objective statement, by both moving the goalposts and sharing an opinion.
My order was 27,5 XLT LUX. I have to agree compared to the market it's cheap but it's not cheap. The prices have run way up over the past 5 years. I think that's my point. Not that i's not cheap compared. We all are willing to pay whatever it takes to get a good truck but 27K is still a lot of money - even if it is cheap for a truck.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I just took a look at prices for 2015 model years... In spite of my ramblings this is a great price for a truck. No doubt about it. It's amazing that they can make it for this price and still have a profit. I wonder what the secret is. I have to agree with all here. It's a great price ( I hate the word cheap )
Sponsored