First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

So, it looks like the Santa Cruz's are starting to arrive at dealers. I ordered a Maverick last week, so I have zero intention of getting a Santa Cruz. However, I do plan on test driving one and getting a good look at the Santa Cruz.

Honestly, if Ford didn't have the hybrid power train and lower entry price point, I'd probably be getting a mid-level Santa Cruz. Regardless, I'm excited to start seeing these Utes on the road.
Sponsored

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At first, I leaned towards the SCruz, being wary of the Mav's CVT.

Then like you, the hybrid MPG and the lower cost, along with understanding the ECVT better, won me over to the Ford.

Originally a fan of the SCruz design, I now appreciate and prefer the truck like design of the Mav.

Last edited:

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When do you think Ford dealers will have a Maverick in the show room?

OP
OP
zeketolliver

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When do you think Ford dealers will have a Maverick in the show room?
I think we'll start seeing them in September, based on the idea of a 6 week start-of-built to delivery date timeline.

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Initially I preferred the look of the Santa Cruz but the Maverick price point and hybrid standard sold me. I'm still interested in checking one out in person. Reached out to my local dealership, waiting to hear back.

Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

So, it looks like the Santa Cruz's are starting to arrive at dealers. I ordered a Maverick last week, so I have zero intention of getting a Santa Cruz. However, I do plan on test driving one and getting a good look at the Santa Cruz.

Honestly, if Ford didn't have the hybrid power train and lower entry price point, I'd probably be getting a mid-level Santa Cruz. Regardless, I'm excited to start seeing these Utes on the road.
Ive had one driving around in my neighborhood I saw it a month ago, went right by the house. Me and the wife were out in the yard and immediately recognized it.It was in a greenish color.

To be far we live right by the largest Kia plant in North America and there is a Hyundai plant next to it. The house we bought as a matter of fact was being rented out to Korean workers over here working for Kia and Hyundai.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yet....as of today the Hyundai website still doesn't show you what each trim grade looks like, doesn't let you "build" one in detail. If you reserve anything other than a Limited, you really have no idea what it will look like inside or out, wheel styles, etc. Odd that.

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Initially I preferred the look of the Santa Cruz but the Maverick price point and hybrid standard sold me. I'm still interested in checking one out in person. Reached out to my local dealership, waiting to hear back.
Update: Dealership said we won't see any till September.

ace1642

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I think we'll start seeing them in September, based on the idea of a 6 week start-of-built to delivery date timeline.
The Auto show will be in November for my area, but I think once somebody takes delivery your start see them at local car shows. Local dealers will only get 1 for training I think.

Sponsored

Tennisbum

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape hybrid

Tjman

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Agreed. IMO It also has some cool features, but no hybrid plus price has to drop at least 10,000 per model to even come close to competing.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Was over at the Cruz Forum... and I saw the Instrument Cluster...Boring on the SEL trim...and 160mph LOL...I felt they jacked the back end up too much and you could see the white(car was white) in the Wheel Wells... Like the fleet F150's I don't like that, looks cheap.
Actually, the whole inside looked cheap.. No free tonneau cover doesn't come in the model or pkg. I thought it was std. equipment. And the bed storage box looked like it had leaked.. you can see runs down over the rubber.
I think we are on the right path here at Maverick
Sponsored